Create Account

S43 Awards Discussion Thread

[Image: gNmmaLr.png]

Hello all and welcome to the S43 SHL pre-awards discussion thread where everyone can come in and voice their opinion (try and sway the voters) on who should be nominated and who should win!

Here are the awards that will be voted on:
Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
John McBride Award (Best goalie)
Scott Stevens Award (Top D)
Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)
Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)
Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)
Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)
Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

S43 League Index --> http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

@JR95 for biggest peen award

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Not trying to toot my own horn here, but as far as the Richan I went from 14 points to 39 points (defenseman).

Zhumbayev had the most wins I think, warrants consideration for the McBride

I think Visser should be considered for the Mexico, no one came near him in points.

Weber should be considered for the Stevens, lead all dmen in scoring, had 100+ hits and high plus minus.

That's all I got for now, I don't follow any team really but Jets so don't know of other cantidates.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Shouldn't this be in SHL discussion?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Should Jason Visser win the Ron Mexico? Yeah probably.

Should there still be other nominees despite his almost certain chances of winning? Yeah probably.

I'm going to nominate myself for the Ron Mexico. Garrett came in 2nd for goals scored (1 behind the leaders), 2nd in shots, 1st in points for wingers, one of 6 players in the league over 1.00 in points/20, and tied for 1st in short handed goals. Visser was better than Garrett in most categories, but if there was a silver medal award, I'm your guy.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

FLACKO LAGERFIELD FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BITCH

jk

should go to either karlsson or dekens

[Image: 3.png]

10-04-2018, 02:56 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Shouldn't this be in SHL discussion?

ahh yeah, i started it in the wrong section... its moved there now!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'd also like to nominate Samee and Static for best GM and Dangles for Best Coach. They took a rag tag group of players who most people assumed would miss the playoffs again and turned them into a squad that was one of the strongest in the league. That should be recognized in my honest opinion.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

I'd like to point to Kyler Gill for consideration for the Aidan Richan trophy. Gill doubled his point total (21 to 42) in this his 4th season (8 points as a rookie, 18 as a sophomore). He also did this with Finn Larsson (a 500TPE IFA) as his C, and a regressing Rivet (1180) as his LW. He was only a -1 when pretty much everyone on the team was double digits in the negative, and the team was -54 overall. He did get more minutes, but he only scored 6 PPP (same as S42) which indicates he wasn't relying on special teams to pad his stats.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 07:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Defensive Award Update: I have put together a couple of groups with some of the best SHL minds on the site to see if a 2nd defensive award was possible and or nessesary. Through a season of discussion we did come up with a criteria for a defensive defenseman award. I also through out a discord poll and the results indicated a luke warm reception for a new D-Man award. There are a few issues to work out though...  researching the data for this award requires more work then other awards as 1 or 2 of the criteria would require the adding/subtracting of 2 attributes to obtain a number. without putting in the work it would be hard to put forth the right nominees. One of the options is creating an internal program/tool for the awards committee to use which can give us those results. Ill look into that this season, but if there are anyone who has that capability willing to help.. look me up!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-04-2018, 03:29 PMJSS Wrote: FLACKO LAGERFIELD FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BITCH

jk

should go to either karlsson or dekens

<3. Just glad to be in the discussion.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39