Create Account

First Playoffs as Riot GM Presser
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 06:26 PM by sash.)

Man I'm hella excited about this playoffs. Doing a presser before the playoffs about the Riot mainly. Shoot those questions!

10-04-2018, 09:04 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: What is the highlight of this season for you? How about low? Do you play tennis in the off season?

I'll start with the low point of the season, since it came first -

The stretch between Seattle's 8th game and 22 was the ultimate low of the season. Going 4-8-3 was really a down point for the entire squad, I was honestly sure that the season would be up for the Riot soon and we'd be missing the playoffs, nothing seemed to be going our way that stretch. The only thing that was keeping us afloat at that point was our first 7 games, going 5-2.

Luckily we decided to go on an absolute fucking tear, going 19-8-1 to close out the season season.

The high point was the sim we clinched. Oh my god when I woke up to see that we won two in a row to clinch a playoff spot I was jumping up and down. I honestly couldn't believe that we finally made the playoffs under my management. Just going around every SHL discord I'm in going like "AHHHHHHHHHH SEATTLE CLINCHED". I'm super excited to see how it all goes.

10-04-2018, 09:05 PMJSS Wrote: what do you have to say to the critics that call this remarkable regular season run a one time thing?

I don't believe it, Seattle has a great young squad with young prospects and very talented forwards who are just hitting their prime, along with super star Garrett, this team we have will be great for a long time coming. I can see next season being "worse" than this season, Selich and Lindstrom being out, but that only means we have to battle harder to reach the playoffs, and with our team I think we can do that again. This is just the beginning of Seattle's success in this era.

10-04-2018, 09:09 PMDude Wrote: How have you been coping with the impending first round sweep of your team?

Good one Smile

I really think this match-up versus LAP going to be a great one, I feel like we should be better then them and should come out on top, we do really have a great roster. Our playoff experience isn't much at all, only player on the team who's actually had a successful playoff run once in his career was Louie Garrett - aside from him this roster hasn't really seen much playoff action at all. Even then I'm confident in this team to beat the Panthers, but we gotta keep in mind they do have great players, Sophia Bennett comes to mind, we're gonna have to shut those players down. Or we can outscore them.

10-04-2018, 09:25 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: Congrats on playoffs samee!

Who is the most underrated player on the riot?

Thanks!

I'd have to say Inari Twain. If there's one thing I can tell you about Inari Twain, it's that he just plays good wherever you put him in the lineup. This season he was moved up and down the lineup, played a good part of the season on the third line, some on the first. Wherever he was it didn't really matter, cause Inari Twain just scores goals. 14 goals this season, 11 last season and the season before when we we're weaker, 17 in S40 when Louie Garrett was on a trip in Seattle.. Inari Twain is a god damn tank and nobody talks about him, he's easily the best rotational forward in the league. Throw him anywhere in the lineup, he'll make it worth your time.

10-04-2018, 09:29 PMluketd Wrote: Where do you see your team in 5 seasons? How were you able to build a good team without a ton of 1st round picks?

Hmmm, 5 seasons from now? I think Seattle's gonna have a dynasty tier roster or something like that, definitely a team that you expect to be at the top of the standings, and a team that's young and looks to be a super team for a long time coming.

Well we started with like no first round picks till the end of time when I came in as GM. I made a bunch of moves to acquire firsts and picks during the S39 draft, meaning guys like Wilson, McFadden, Orlov were out. I guess I got lucky to be honest, being able to have signed and trade Cory Knouse, Jonathan Lundberg and Kyle Kylrad. With those moves we had a ton of futures coming it. Not all of them panned out, but these trades are basically how we got Smyth, O'Callaghan, Kalju, and about half of our prospect pool. We also got top forwards for cheap I guess, Lindstrom was acquired for a 4th round pick in a deep draft with his FA rights up, and Brett Kennedy came around to Seattle after his fallout with Manhattan. Then we made a move for Eastwood, costed a ton to be honest but he's going to be a key piece for a long time, and then we got our FA move with Joseph Lombardi, who's finnally blossoming into a top tier forward since Seattle's a perfect place for him.

10-04-2018, 09:36 PMNJBadApple Wrote: Do you attribute your success as the Riots GM to the fact youve completely destroyed the GOMHL team youre also GM'ing?

No the GOMHL sucks

What is the highlight of this season for you? How about low? Do you play tennis in the off season?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

what do you have to say to the critics that call this remarkable regular season run a one time thing?

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 09:09 PM by Dude.)

How have you been coping with the impending first round sweep of your team?

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

On a scale of 1-5 how shit of a GM is wasty?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

What are your thoughts on prospect Benjamin Blue?

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Congrats on playoffs samee!

Who is the most underrated player on the riot?

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Where do you see your team in 5 seasons? How were you able to build a good team without a ton of 1st round picks?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-04-2018, 09:05 PMJSS Wrote: what do you have to say to the critics that call this remarkable regular season run a one time thing?

They're 100% right

Do you attribute your success as the Riots GM to the fact youve completely destroyed the GOMHL team youre also GM'ing?

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Can I get a juicebox?

How happy have you been with Elias' performance this season and how do you expect him to make a difference in his rookie year?

With Lindstrom and Selich retiring, how do you plan to fill the holes that they're leaving?

Is it redundant for me to be asking you some questions when I know the answers to all of them anyway?

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

u gon rebrand or nah?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

This is c's 4D Chess coming to fruition, correct?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 08:02 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

First off samee, congrats on a wonderful season and lots of luck in the playoffs. you did a great job...

In a hypothetical playoff series between the Dragons and Riot... how would you gameplan against Coach Esa?

Also,  what would the thoughts be on containing Joe K and 'the Augment' Mike Izzy.. 3,850 tpe worth of combined power on the ice... as well as a roster grid with immense post season swagger in this series?>

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria