Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 09:22 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

West Kendall Platoon vs. Hamilton Steelhawks  
Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs  
Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets  
Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot  
Kelowna Knights vs. Detroit Falcons
Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Yes! it's that time of the year when the SHL showcases there best 8 and the juniors put forth their top 6 to compete for a chance at league immortality! and we want your best guess on how round 1 plays out!

Task: Pick one of the above match ups and give us you're pre series analysis by talking about any question below.. (feel free to do more then 1 if you fancy)

- How do you see that match up playing out?
- What player do you expect to be the differance maker and why?
- What player do you expect to struggle and why?
- Is there a surprise player that will step up and play a intrical role in there teams victory?
- Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?

Every participant with a post or a reply of at least 25 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE,  5 members will be chosen as discussion leaders and will receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE..

**BONUS: and because i love playoff chatter i will reward an additional 2 members who's analysis or bold prediction turned out to be spot on.. ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Deadline: is Sunday, 10 PM EDT

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Panthers vs. Riot
I can see this series going the distance and taking the full 7 games to be decided. Although Los Angeles won most of the regular season matchups, I believe that Seattle's hot streak at the end of the season is enough to give them some extra momentum.

One player I can see being the difference maker is Los Angeles' Sophia Bennett. The leading scorer of the Panthers has proved to come up clutch when it matters, especially in later game scenarios. With six game-winning goals, the Riot will have to do everything to shut her down if they want this series to go the distance.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Kelowna Knights vs. Detroit Falcons

- How do you see that match up playing out?

Honestly, I don't like either of the two teams. Detroit had Waters as a GM, while all the members I don't like usually are produced from Kelowna. Out fo the two, I kind of hope they'd both lose, but if I have to pick one it'd have to be Detroit. Four straight from Kelowna would be historic, but the more, how you say, "vocal" members will never give it up. Again, I don't really want either team moving on, but I guess I can see Detroit moving ahead in 7.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Kmarko's hot sports take: Seattle and Colorado will sweep everyone up until the finals, where they will both lose in overtime of game 7. Crawfling will win the Vezina (or whatever), and Samee will contemplate quitting the league (and life) after another dissapointing end to a great season.

[Image: Crawfling2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM by Snussu.)

Kelowna Knights vs Detroit Falcons

This will be interesting match up indeed. Kelowna and Detroit both having top notch players! This game can go ether way, but i think it will come down to the goal making power of the teams.
Goalies on both teams are best on the league!
Detroit having Defense with huge fire power and big players on attack to limit visiablity of Benjamin Blue.
Kelowna in the other hand has very good and skilled forwards with lots of fire power and puck handling.

If Kelowna can keep Detroit's defense in check they have a shot at winning!
If Detroit can keep Kelwona's forwards in check they have a shot at winning!

If they game isen't gonna end after 5 rounds Detroit might have chance at winning higher with having big player with loads of endurance and Kelowna having more skilled player's but not so physical.

If i would bring up some names that will succeed i would make this list:

Cedric Robinson and Benjamin Blue gonna be playing the best games of the season

Leshaun King and Dank Boija gonna have a clash at whose better center if GM's gonna put them head to head.
Poopity Scoop gonna show off and maybe score 1 goal. He's been really promising whole season!
Vladislav Konstantin will be a real threat to Detroit's defense!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

I expect Mike Izzy to struggle against the Jets because he'll be too busy outside the arena slinging #IzzyDogs and trying to diversify his financial portfolio to make more real estate investments for #LandIzzy.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

10-05-2018, 09:44 AMAce Wrote: I expect Mike Izzy to struggle against the Jets because he'll be too busy outside the arena slinging #IzzyDogs and trying to diversify his financial portfolio to make more real estate investments for #LandIzzy.

#Land-Izzy could one day become prime time virtual property!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?

Dragons vs Jets

First of all what a first round match-up this should be, my cup favorite Dragons (according to me) should win this one in 5. I'm looking at Calgary's leading scorer Mikko Linna to be the difference maker in this series. Scoring at above a PPG I expect that to carry into the playoffs this year. It's never an easy road to a championship but having a player like Linna helps a lot.

Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

I want to think that Colorado Raptors will win in this series but it won't be an easy task. Militia has a very strong squad too. I think Colorado will win in 6 games serie.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Calgary Dragons va Winnipeg Jets 

Both GMs in this matchup are extremely talented, with Flappy as the young up and comer for the Jets and Steelhead as the veteran legend who has been there before and won before. At the end of the day though, I’ll take Steelhead’s experience and past success to make the right tactical decisions with the season on the line for the Dragons

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Dragons vs Jets:

Bold Prediction! The Jets low man, Troy McClure III, will get as many points (5) as he did all season in this series, and will end the series with a plus 3.

Further more, no defenseman will have a game winning goal.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

This should be a close contest between two evenly-matched teams. However, I'm going with the Riot in 6. They've been on form over the back end of the season.
Alexander Zajac is my key player. He's an underrated talent who's just had a great season.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I expect the Panthers to pull out the win in a hard fought series. The Riot have been on a hot streak lately but haven't been in the playoffs in a while where the Panthers have plenty of experience, so I expect that experience to come into effect. I think the key player in this series is Sophia Bennett, when she's firing on all cylinders she's very hard to stop.
I also expect Max Wachter to step up big. The talented vet had a semi quiet season for his standards and I think he will show up in a big way.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Stop me if you've heard this before.

3 seed Colorado.

6 seed Montreal.

I don't know what Colorado did to piss off the sim gods but they seem destined to fall to meme magic once again. Militia in 7.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

- Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?

Dragons vs  Jets

Esa Anrikkanen - The best GM in SHL History - 5 SHL Cups - S27, S29, S32, S40, S42 - S27 Down 3 Games to 0 to Hamilton, flipped his wings, changed all lines to 5 offense. The rest is history.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]