Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis

Kelowna Knights vs. Detroit Falcons

- How do you see that match up playing out?
I see the matching panning out with this. Kelowna will have a strong game or two, but I believe that Detroit will win in 6 games. Kelowna doesnt have depth defensively to stand against Detroit. Detroit has been very solid this past season, maintaining the above the middle of the pack having an above .500 games won. That being said, in 7 games they played, Detoit has only won 3 out of the 7 games, but I firmly believe as their team has gotten better, they will be a force to reckon with

- What player do you expect to be the differance maker and why?
For each teams, their best difference maker for Detroit is Hippo Passamus, and for Kelowna its Boris Denisovich. Boris has been on fire all season, and Hippo has been a solid winger for Detroit.

- What player do you expect to struggle and why?
Im going out on the limb and I am going to say that LeShaun King is going to struggle in this series. Being the 1st in the draft class, I expect him to struggle as kelowna struggles in this series

- Is there a surprise player that will step up and play a intrical role in there teams victory?
I am going to say Eero Makinen is going to be the suprise player that steps up and will make Detroit a better team. He progressed a lot in the season, and he will only get better

- Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?
I am going to say Nour, because he has the black Magic in the sim, but I dont think that with the depth that he has, I dont see him winning overall.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs
I think Buffalo will come on top in this matchup and their defense will be the difference maker in this series. I expect them to step up big time from their regular season performance.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets  
The premiere first round matchup in these playoffs. It seems like whoever comes out of this one has the best chance of winning the Challenge Cup this season. After a bounce back year that saw Winnipeg absolutely take the league by storm, led by a Jason Visser who vowed return to his old form, the Jets are matched up against last season's Challenge Cup champions.
  • How do you see that match up playing out?
    I expect to see Winnipeg come out of top in 5 or 6 six games. It'll be a good series, but it's hard to argue with the commanding lead the Jets had on every other team this season. They just look too good.
  • What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?
    Jason  Visser. 74 points in 50 games? Come on, that's just stupid good. The guy is another level.
  • What player do you expect to struggle and why?
    Otis B. Driftwood. After a rough regular season where he didn't score a single goal and went -5, Driftwood's confidence has to be in absolute shambles. Luckily Calgary has a great top 4 to prop the rest of the defense up, but they're going to need to lean on that top 4 hard this series.
  • Is there a surprise player that will step up and play a integral role in there team's victory?
    If there is a surprise player this series it has to be Troy McClure III. The guy was never anything to rave about, but a rookie getting 5 assists and going plus 3 is pretty dang good when they're getting 13 minutes a night. Playing with a seasoned veteran like Orlov helps, but McClure III may be that young solid defenseman every team looks for to help put them over the edge into Challenge Cup greatness.
  • Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?
    This is tough to say because flappygiraffe has done great with every managing opportunity he's been give, but you have to go with the veteran manager who has done great things with the Dragons season after season. If anyone can pull trick from up his sleeve, it's Steelhead77. I did say the Jets will probably win, but don't be surprised if Calgary comes out on top thanks to Steelhead's managing decisions.

Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot  
This is one of the most compelling matchups of these playoffs for me, but for all the wrong reasons. It feels like the elections episodes of South Park. Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich. Sorry, but both of these teams are filled to the brim with old aging stars and lackluster prospects. Whoever wins this matchup is going to to get spanked in the next round.
  • How do you see that match up playing out?
    I see Seattle taking home the series in 5 games. They're clearly the better team, with their only hole being goaltending. Yuma is a weak link, but we've seen goalies go on hot streaks before and carry their team to greatness.
  • What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?
    Alexander Zajac is the player who I expect to be a difference maker this series. He's quietly a very good 1st line center and with the lack of depth on Los Angeles, I think he'll do a great job of keeping the other team's top line talent at bay to allow DeMaricus Smyth and Brett Kennedy to expose LA's 2nd and 3rd line liabilities.
  • What player do you expect to struggle and why?
    Johnny Yuma. He's just not a number one goalie talent, and if Seattle wants to live up to expectation they need to do it as a team by blocking shots and keeping shots to the outside, otherwise we may see Los Angeles take advantage of Yuma's lackluster reflexes and positing and take home enough games to upset Seattle.
  • Is there a surprise player that will step up and play a integral role in there teams victory?
    That player has to be DeMaricus Smyth. Smyth has been a good up and coming player for a while, but he's finally to the point where he can be a real difference maker. Expect to see him take a big stride this post season into the spotlight and possible work his way onto the 1st line for next year's regular season.
  • Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?
    From personal experience that has to be Wasty and Vbottas. Sorry Samee but ya lines is trash. The good thing is that your centers are so balanced at this point that you can use them pretty much interchangeably so it's hard to do anything wrong there.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Panthers vs Riot

A matchup of teams who would love to put their playoff history behind them. While LAP certainly has been more competitive over the last stretch than Seattle, both teams have failed to bring home the ultimate prize, despite having seasons with lofty expectations. I'd be excited to see either team win the Challenge Cup this season, but sadly one will go down in the 1st round. My pick is LAP, cause I think their combined experiences have prepared them more for this battle, and Seattle is still a team sitting on the cusp of something more.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

The Calgary underdogs are going to play the Winnipeg Jets, and I think that match up is going to play out with a Dragons victory. It seems weird that predicting the Dragons is a bit of a bold prediction considering how they nearly missed the playoffs, but the Dragons just get hot in the post season. I think that trend continues and they are able to pull the upset....and I think it'll take fewer than 7 games to do it too.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Hot take: the knights will win it all again. Making it 4 four star cups in a row because they are the best franchise in the history of the SMJHL

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets: How do you see that match up playing out?

A storied rivalry in the SHL comes to a head once again in the playoffs. In this match up, I see the Jets winning quite handily. The Dragons are a bunch of over-achievers who have lucked their way into everything they've ever accomplished. The Jets have dominated the regular season this year and looked primed to make a deep run. The Dragons won't be the team to stop that. I see Winnipeg winning in 5 games, with Jason Visser flexing his muscles and taking the series over.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot

I expect it to be a great offensive showing for both teams. I think the defensive game in both teams leaves something to be desired, so forwards and offensive defenceman should flourish.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

- What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?

For this series I believe that Colorado can still dominate even with their recent trade away.  The Militia will take the first two games and then once Colorado wakes up they will win the next 4 straight. A player that this depends on is Alex Winters, the leading scorer, the last 10 games of the season he slowed down in the scoring but he bound to bring it back up and light up these playoffs.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets
Dragons vs. Jets

I have a feeling the Jets might not make it out of the first round despite being the first seed. The two teams have played each other 6 times this season, each winning 3 of the contests. The goals are pretty even as well, 20-19 in favor of Calgary. These statistics combined with my knack for being a soothsayer make it clear to me that the Dragons will be coming out on top in the first round

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Kelowna and Detroit is going to go one of two ways:

1. Kelowna continues the tradition of sweeping Detroit.

2. Detroit takes it to 7 games and loses.

Kelowna stocked up for a deep playoff push, and they're going to be really hard to beat. Detroit is too busy "SKREEE"ing to be a serious contender at this point. Look for Kelowna to rack up the goals and take home this win in an average of 5.5 games.

I'm predicting at least one shutout and at least one game where Kelowna scores 5 or more goals.

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 03:29 PM by Blastmeaway.)

This week on Wednesday Night Rivalry
pride vs. Riot

In this first round matchup we have the #2 seed Riot of Seattle play host to the Pride of Los Angeles. In what is another playoff birth for the City of LA, they sure have a lot to offer in the City. The Dodgers are currently taking on the Atlanta Braves in the Divisional Series. The NBA season is about to tip off the newest member of the LA Community, Lebron James, has gone out an made it know he will be at Game 3 and rooting for his Seattle Riot. As far as the series goes, we already have some blood boiling as current Riot player, and former Prider, Joseph Lombardi has already gone out on social media and started throwing shade at his former team. In this writers opinion the Riot are going to stand tall over the Pride (4-2), despite going 1-2-3 in the regular season.

Quote:
[Image: dms_thing.png?width=400&height=231]
Lebron receiving his honorary jersey

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Kelowna Knights vs Detroit Falcons

Quote:- How do you see that match up playing out?
6 games series where Falcons shutout the two last games, going to start out even but Falcons get the upper hand after game 3

Quote:- What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?
Riley Rush, being signed after the draft Rush had a serious uphill to catch the rest of the class, he's been great so far and will be a cornerstone in the playoffs and next season.

Quote:- What player do you expect to struggle and why?
Marc Palicka will do alright, but compared to last seasons playoffs he's sure to make less of an impression.

RETIRED

West Kendall Platoon vs. Hamilton Steelhawks

Hamilton and West Kendall meet for the first time since Kruger left the team back in S41 the year Platoon won the cup and beat the Steelhawks in 7. Its going to be interesting who wins this 1st round series

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets 

- How do you see that match up playing out?

I see this series as one of the best in the payoffs this year. Calgary is defending their cup and will come out in full force to shut down Winnipeg's team. On the other hand, the Jets are the top team in the league this season. With a powerhouse set of forwards (and some young rookie talent) Winnipeg is going to be a tough team to beat. I expect nothing but the best from both of these teams, but ultimately see Winnipeg besting the Dragons.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ