Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis

West Kendall Platoon vs. Hamilton Steelhawks

I think in this series my player, Geezus Kryyst is going to struggle. He is a green goalie who has never played in the playoffs. It's hard enough to keep it together against the best of the best, but the pressure of the playoffs... it's going to be a struggle. Thankfully Hamilton has the best defense in the league and they are more than capable of picking up their young goalie.

Go Hamilton!

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

I see the Calgary Dragons knocking out the Winnipeg Jets in a brutal match up. These teams love to fight it out and are always drawn to more blood. Expect to see a great, long series and amazing hockey.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs - What player do you expect to be the differance maker and why?

Viktor Vorkampfer will be the player to watch in this series for the Stampede, their beautiful brain is capable of taking over the game, I expect them to dominate in Minnesota.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

I see the Seattle Riot winning the series over the Los Angeles Panthers because I'm biased as hell and want to see my team win. Louie Garrett carried the Riot through the regular season, but knowing STHS (and this isn't a bad thing) it's going to be someone else who steps up in the playoffs. I predict DeMaricus Smyth to be leading the Riot in points at the end of the first round.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Falcons vs. Knights

How do you see that match up playing out?

As the Falcons GM, I'm obviously going to say the Falcons will win 6. However, not just because I'm the GM but because I genuinely believe we have this. The Falcons have been slaughtered by the Knights the past 2 times they've met and the Falcons are looking for some revenge. They're tired of losing to them. Our determination to win the series will win it for us.

[Image: 3.png]

I'd have to say that one of the more interesting machups of this playoffs would be Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot. A lot of people expected one of these two teams to miss the playoffs, so it'll be interesting to see how they do against each other. I want to give the edge to LA, but Seattle made one hell of a late push in the regular season and if they can carry that momentum through to the playoffs they might just have this series in hand.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Knights vs Falcons

Even if I wasn't playing in this series I think it be one of the best. I think it has two of the best, if not the two best, SMJHL line GMs in @JSS and @nour this series will see a constant back and forth because of them. One team will win game one, the other will adjust and take game two, then back and forth until a decisive game 7. Where Detroit will take the final game. The team is better on Kelowna on paper and you can only coach for so far.

Rafe Ulrich will have an insane first round for Kelowna scoring at nearly a point per game pace with out being given any PP time. For Detroit Tig is going to be outstanding and will be the hands down best defensemen in the series. For detroit McLovin will struggle out of the gate and dissapoint in the first round while Kelowna will have a mediocre performance by King, with 2 goals and 2 assits in the 7 games.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Minnesota vs Buffalo, I see the Chiefs coming out on top. The Chiefs know how to win in the playoffs, and even though they weren't in last year, management knows how to win and there's enough players still around that know what needs to be done.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 06:50 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

- What player do you expect to be the differance maker and why?

Steelhawks vs Platoon

I think that this West Kendall/Hamilton match up will be much harder then the standings indicate. Post season is a new season and WKP was better then there record indicated... and I suspect that one of the reasons why it will be a tight series will be due to the fact that theres no one on hamilton with the ability to handle Dani Forsberg. #9 brings a power/skill combination to the match up which no one else in this series presents.

Hamilton's best answer to contain forsberg is to assign Angelo Odjick to cover him, but hes more of a hybrid forward and doesnt impose his will on the defensive side in the way that forsberg does.... i suspect that if WKP pulls this series out, look to Forsberg as the primary reason why.

@Insayne

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Militia vs. Raptors

Dispite Montreal beating Colorado in the last two playoff series, Colorado comes in once again the favorites and this time they appear to be firm favorites. The Season Series went 3-3-1 for Montreal who basically went .500 without the shootout loss. Colorado has scored 4 more goals than Montreal in the season head to heads. Dispite Colorado being favorites ( again), history has taught us that being favorites means nothing. I predict Montreal in 6!

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 06:54 PM by GoonerBear.)

Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot

Congratulations, Seattle! You finally shed the monkey off your back and made playoffs for the first time since Season 38 and avoided stretching that drought to a literal year! Your reward is the Los Angeles Panthers, who, if we're going by their recent on-again, off-again pattern, are on again this season. Add that to the fact you beat them once this season. At all. To three regulation/overtime losses. With a goal difference of -3 for the season series. if we take out shootouts. On top of that, I don't trust your GM to capitalize on opportunities to press the advantage or to adjust when something isn't working. I see you taking Game 1 at home and getting swept the rest of the way in the ensuing celebration hangover. While you had a fantastic regular season, playoffs hinge on matchups and I know you were praying for the Dragons, whom you beat 4 times out of 6 and ended with a +4 goal difference against, to finish 3rd since you weren't going to catch Winnipeg down the stretch.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 07:15 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

Which GM would you trust more to make a successful in game strategical change and why?

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets

There is no doubt to this one, Esa is legendary when it comes to making line adjustments in the playoffs. You don't make the playoffs 19 seasons out of 20 without knowing what you're doing and Esa is probably the best all time at it.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 07:23 PM by Sean.)

Colorado vs. Montreal was originally expected to be a blood bath. Insiders however suggest that both teams my be cheering for the other to be the victor. An Annonymous Raptor has been quoted as saying "Woo, Go Montreal". Originally excited by this, Montreal soon discovered to not look like assholes, they'd have to cheer for the Raptors. When brought up to an Annonymous Militia player they were quoted as saying "you're not wrong". There are even reports of a Raptors player photographed in Militia pajamas and bedsheets. Both sides are wondering if the power of friendship is more important than the game of hockey!(Raptors in 6).

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Dragons vs. Jets

This series is going to be another chapter in the rivalry between these two teams. With Calgary last time ending the career of Luke Fleming with him lying on the ice gasping for air. There's no way this series doesn't go to 6 or 7 games. But I think the Jets take this one.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets
This is a hard series to call. Winnipeg had an amazing season, but Calgary is still a good team and difficult to count out. The team that does better in the regular season doesn't always fare better in the post-season. The regular season series was split with both team picking up 3 wins. I expect this series to go to 7 games, and Calgary to advance to the second round. Even so, I see this series being a coin toss, could go to either team.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]