Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis

For Montreal vs Colorado, I expect Colorado to win. Although the standings this season were tight, I feel Colorado is a much better team than the Militia and I feel Carbine is a GM that is good enough to help lead them to victory.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs

I expect Luke Atmey to make a big difference in this series. He has always been a big playoff performer and he is hungry to lead the Stampede to their first ever cup. He should be able to exploit the Chiefs defense.

Kelowna Knights vs. Detroit Falcons

This is an intriguing matchup between 2 teams that had very opposite seasons.

Kelowna started off strong and rode the play of their top scorers to a great position in the 1st half, but tailed off as the season progressed, although still strong enough to maintain a playoff spot.

Detroit, on the other hand, struggled early, but really gained some momentum in the 2nd half and were able to challenge for a top 4 spot during the final stretch.

Kelowna will win if their stars perform and score at the same pace they did in the regular season. Detroit wins if they get balanced scoring throughout their lines and their goalie plays lights out.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets this matchup will be quite interesting and hard on both sides I think, but I believe that Calgary will come on top because this team has been constantly on a high level ice hockey and season after season has not dropped down in how serious of an opponent they are to any team. Jets had their moments and had their down parts, but I think Calgary's overall performance will come back and take this match-up.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs

In my opinion we will see a very tight fight! This serie should go over 7 games and end with an heart break final bomb. As member of the Stampede Squad I wish to beat Minnesota but that wont be easy.

on this way ... good series Minnesota Squad

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

In my opinion, even though Montreal looks like the weaker team judging by the regular season standings, I see the Militia taking this one. Why? Because it's happened the last 2 seasons as well. Colorado comes in as the 3rd seed, Montreal squeaks in as the 6th seed and somehow wins. History already repeated itself once, and I think it'll happen again. In fact, I'm so confident in Colorado failing that I think this series is gonna be a SWEEP. You heard it here first, Montreal 4-0 Colorado. Specifically, I see Petr Vrana - Montreal's man between the pipes - really stepping up here to steal this series for the Militia. I'm also expecting Jeff Brogen and Pavel Pivonka to pop off, meanwhile on Colorado I'm thinking that we could see some weaker performances from the SMJHL vets on the roster - Maui, Scotty Crawfling, Kevin Maddox, Sachimo Zoidberg Jr.

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets

Statistically, in regards to regular season stats, this is Winnipeg's to lose. But when it comes to the playoffs, no coach is better than Esa to pull a trick out of his seemingly endless black hat. On strategy alone I think this is pushed to game 7... and well from there, anything can happen.

Riot vs Panthers

I see this one playing out as the Seattle Riot continuing their hot streak by beating the Panthers in 5 games on the backs of Clint Eastwood and Louie Garrett. They will surprise everyone and come out full force to win the series handily

Jets vs. Dragons
- How do you see that match up playing out?

It's difficult to bet against the Calgary Dragons, even as a fourth seed sneaking into the playoffs past the Renegades and Blizzard. They have a track record of postseason success behind Esa Anrikkanen's mastery in the front office. However, the Jets are on a roll, finishing the regular season with nine straight wins, and might just be too much for Calgary to handle this time around.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

West Kendall Platoon vs. Hamilton Steelhawks

The only reason as to why this matchup could be even is because JR is a simmer and does a lot of simming. Other than that this should be a complete blowout for the superior Hamilton Steelhawks all hail.

SKREEEEEEEEE

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM by Moosecop.)

Dragons v Jets
No offense to the GMs of the Winnipeg Jets, they clearly know what they're doing to get this far and finish as well as they did. But when you're going up against one of the GOATs, if not the GOAT GM, the GOAT is going to get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to who to trust to provide a solid tactical change mid-series.

In the series between the Panthers and the Riot, Lightning Jones is really going to have to step up his game if the Panthers want a real chance at moving on. After averaging less than 0.1 points per 20 while earning 15 plus minutes of ice time, his and the rest of the third line struggles are likely to sink LAP early.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I think the Seattle and Los Angeles matchup will be less exciting than anticipated and I believe it to be not the way most would think. I think Seattle has the team to compete this season and Samee has built a pretty good squad that in my bold prediction will beat Los Angeles in 5 games or less.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

After a slow and pained season, Viktor Marius is poised to step it up for the playoffs. But his head may not be in the fight as it was previously and may struggle.
The Stampede are capable of winning this if he steps up, here's hoping!

I see the Los Angeles Panthers beating the Seattle Riot because this is a battle of the best log versus the worst logo. We all know logos are the deciding factor of talent and if you look good, you play good.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender