Create Account

PT 6 - MVP

Some players just work well together - who were those people in the SMJHL this season?

Written option: Tell us about the best line or defence pair you've either played with or had the misfortune to play against this season. What do you think makes them so lethal? Must include 150 words and some stats or attributes.

Graphic option: Make a magazine feature page about a line or defence pair. Must include at least two renders and their stats and/or attributes.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S43 SMJHL Rookies (S44 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT. If you signed after the trade deadline, that's not you.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday 10/14 @ 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Willie Fisterbottom is proud to consider the MVP of this past regular season to be his defensive partner Veikka Toivanen. Toivanen and Fisterbottom didn’t put up the biggest numbers in the league this past season, but that’s not the reason Willie considers him the MVP. Veikka is a SMJHL veteran and the mentor ship he’s put to on display for Willie over the past season has been invaluable to Willie’s growth. On top of that, the point production wasn’t too bad. Together they posted over 30 points, combined for over 100 hits and were a decent shut down pairing, holding down the second defensive line for the Militia. Willie is excited to get into the playoff grind and see how Veikka works under the pressure of the SMJHL playoffs and all that come with it, and he looks forward to learning a lot more form Veikka, as well as playing international games alongside him, as they are both from Finland.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

As a forward for the Montreal Militia I have faced a lot of great competition this season. One defensive pair really stands out as the toughest duo for me out there and it's no surprise but they play for the Vancouver Whalers.

Tokek Takshak had 7 goals, 26 assists for 33 points this season and was +14. He plays just under 21 mins a night. He get's first unit power play and penalty kill minutes as well. He plays a consistent game and always is hard along the boards.

His partner in crime is Geoff Moore. He had 4 goals and 30 assists for 34 points and +15. Very similar overall numbers to Takshak. He plays just over 22 minutes a game and seems to never get tired on the ice.

When you play Vancouver you know it's going to be a long night with their forward depth they roll out. That being said their top D Pairing is very deadly and will need to maintain their strong play if they want to win a Four Star Cup this season.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Buck Maverick of the Vancouver Whalers is an exceptional puck-moving defender, one of the very good modern defensemen who are more focused on getting the puck out of the zone under control than bashing in the opponent. He is very capable as an SMJHL defender. And I have the honour to play alongside him.
Buck Maverick is a bigger defender—6'4'', 240 pounds—who can also move the puck effectively. Although his coverage is excellent, Maverick is not a bruiser and is often criticized for not using his size enough.

Our offensive-defensive duo can retrieve the puck, find an outlet and get the puck moving in a good direction—dozens of times a game. Together we contributed 64 points (13 goals and 51 assists) and really generated offensive firepower on the second line pairing from behind the blue line.

And this all out offensive performance day in and day out perfectly shows up on the standings as the Vancouver Whalers are the regular season winners.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

The Falcons top defensive pairing of Tig Murphy and Wolfhard Richter have done an excellent job at both generating offense from the back end, as well as defending against opposing rushes. Richter scored 7 goals, possessing the more lethal shot, but Murphy is elite as dishing pucks to others. Murphy led all Detroit blueliners with 31 points, primarily consisting of 29 assists. Interestingly, Murphy actually had more shots, with 73 compared to his partner's 68, demonstrating that Richtard is not a volume shooter but rather an efficient converter. On the defensive side, neither of them are shy to hit. Murphy finished the year with 53 hits and Richter had 44. Also, they were the top 2 on the leaderboard for minutes played amongst Falcon skaters; Murphy was number 1 with 1193 while Richter had 1113. Eating big minutes is part of why they are so useful; they were the only Falcons in 4 digits in total minutes. Lastly, they are great at shot suppression, with Murphy leading the team with 62 blocked shots and Richter coming in 3rd with 41.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 11:48 PM by ssingh26.)

During my first season with the Detroit Falcons, I had the pleasure of playing with Tig Murphy for the majority of the time. He compliments my game very well and I believe our different styles are a great fit. Tig Murphy is an excellent puck moving d-man who does a magnificent job on offensive zone entries and helps generate a ton of offense with his skating, passing, creativity, and his accurate point shots. He makes my job of being a two way dman a whole lot easier. 

He is also extremely competitive and is one of the most hardworking and tenacious players on the team. He is extremely difficult to play against and he really taught me how to be a professional and to make sure to bring my A-game every night. The SMJHL is not an easy league to play in and as I continue to try and advance my playing career into the SHL, Tig's advice and leadership has really helped me become a much better player during the course of the season. Hopefully, we can continue our success heading into the playoffs.

Word Count: 188 Words

New Sig coming soon...

I started off the year on the third line playing alongside two awesome players, Nikolaj Boyle and Bernard Freeman. I did my best in my time so far in the SMJHL on the third line as a foward. We worked together very well. We were able to get plenty of ice time. This is the line I was on when I got most of my goals and assists. About halfway through the season I got moved to the fourth line with Nikolaj Boyle and Roger Baston and did not do as well as I had been doing before. I ended out the season with eight goals and five assists giving me thirteen points. I look forward to playing along with these two men again in my career in the smjhl as a team member of the st louis scarecrows and hope to have more opportunities to play alongside other great players too.

Obviously I'm going to say that my line of myself, Jax Aittokallio, and Brock Nuck was the best line that I've played with all season. Aittokallio is an amazing two way centerman, and his ability to play a full 200 foot game has helped anchor the third line. His acquisition, this season, has been crucial to our ability to win faceoffs in defensive zone situations and move the puck out. Brock Nuck has developed into a great player since being acquired by the Crows. He hasn't put up any gaudy numbers, by any stretch, but he's been responsible in both ends of the ice. His vision and awareness have really helped to elevate both him and the team to the near top of the SMJHL standings. Obviously, I'm another 200 foot player, lending my abilities to both ends of the ice. I'm an elite shot generator, who's also willing to throw the body in front of pucks, people, and buses if need be. We are the prototypical shutdown third line and have been a great line as this season has progressed.

With as much self aggrandizement going on as there is, I still feel like putting Barret McCarthy on the bandwagon for MVP along with my linemates, Benois Minuscule and Geoff Moore. Barret was put on both the third and fourth line of defense, so to single out just one of my teammates feels wrong. Geoff Moore played solid defense along side me, and also put up some very strong numbers, four goals and thirty assists, and showing a plus fifteen on the stats line, the chemistry between him and I was hard to top, and showed a strong bottom line defense. Between the two of us on the ice we also blocked nearly one hundred shots! And as for Benois, he was acquired late in the season, but we were able to do some positive things together, and allowing him to get several points, and keep a positive plus minus stat going into his first playoffs. I believe Between my two linemates and myself, we could easily match a first line offense and shut them down effectively with our mix of physicality and finesse, and show that we are clearly the MVP and top defensemen in the league!

The Detroit Falcons 4th line this season was incredible. Although we only played like 9 minutes a game, we dominated when we got on the ice. Our points per 20 min were off the charts. Besides my guy Franz Cooper (19 points, 0.79 pt/20), there was fellow S44 rookie Waffles Man (15 points, 0.64 pts/20) and Pingy Pingu at centre (18 points, 0.85 pts/20). That's some ridiculous production from the 4th line - combined for a wicked 21 goals and 52 points on the season. Those two guys brought it every shift, with some incredible even production as we took turns filling the net and setting each other up. The 4th line was definitely Detroit's secret weapon this season and we dominated matches. Talk about making the most of your ice time. Most fun I think you can have averaging 9.64 minutes a game. Skree that 4th line did, skree indeed.

[Image: Falcons-Banner.png]

For this season, Aizawa's linemates are definitely his MVP's for this season. A team with low expectations, the two other players on his line were definitely the key's to this seasons success. Vladislav Konstantin and Boris Denisovich were constants on his line. Konstanin was able to put up 59 points even with a three game suspension while other line mate Denisovich was even more exemplary with 60 points. Because of their skills however Aizawa did not see much of the puck and was only able to put up a measly 19 points. However the benefit of playing with such a dominant line was the +/- the three players were able to put up. Aizawa on his own actually put a very strong +8 where his line mates were only four and six respectively. Possibly one of the most impressive parts of playing on their line was the strong shooting percentage of his linemates. Although Aizawa was only at almost 9% they were at 12 and 16% to truly demonstrate their skills. Aizawa will miss them next season

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 01:57 AM by tweedledunn. Edit Reason: bork )

Halifax Raider’s Ray Bork had the great pleasure of starting and ending the season on the third line with his main(ly inactive) best buddy Kyle Corbett! They went into battle every game with 25% of the ice time and a 0/4/1 strategy. Even though Corbett was drafted a season before (yours truly) Bork, he was only sporting 206 tpe at the end of the season versus big borker's 256. Despite their lackluster tpe count, the defenders combined for a respectable 25 points. Bork lead the team in rookie scoring with 17 and Corbett helped with the additional 8. Ray beat out fellow first overall pick in S43 Rainbow Dash, along with rookies Mikael Choybuk, Kristers Dzelme, Mister McCarty, and Bernard Brendorowski in point totals. Unfortunately, the Raiders didn’t make the playoffs… and double unfortunately- the San Francisco Pride will be calling up Ray Bork next season. Hopefully, Corbett will find the chemistry he had with Bork next year(month)!

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

This season, the Falcons boasted the best all-rookie defensive pairing in the SMJHL. The second pairing of Poopity Scoop and Chuck Crutchfield certainly held their own against much more experienced opponents. And their contrasting style of playing rock solid defense allowed them to be highly effective and a pairing that is now and will continue to send fear down the spine of any SMJHL opponent they may face. While Crutchfield is almost surely headed to Texas and Poopity Scoop to Minnesota, this fearsome duo should spend at least the next few seasons together in Detroit.

So what exactly did they do well? First off, Poopity Scoop came in as the physical presence. He knocked opponents off the puck like no other, leading the Falcons and finishing ninth in the SMJHL with 100 hits. Crutchfield, on the other hand, is more of an offensive weapon. His 9 goals and 15th hits ranked him third among all rookies in points and third as well among all SMJHL defensemen in goals. Together, they helped propel the Falcons to the second best defense in the league, allowing just 2.64 goals per game.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Bohne's biggest nemesis this season was more than just one line, it was an entire teams defense core. After playing them in the season opener, the Colorado Raptors seemed to have Bohne's number all season. They played him hard and he always seemed to have a tough time against them. However, when the time came for the Militia to need Bohne, he really managed to step up his game. In the playoffs, Bohne scored three goals and put up a couple of assists in the first round series against the Raptors. Perhaps the biggest victory he had in his personal battle over them, was scoring the goal that tied Game 7 up at 3-3 and forced a overtime. Bohne definitely appreciates what the Raptors were able to do against him, and was frustrated with the great play of their forwards all season. Hopefully this battle can continue next season.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Having the pleasure of landing in St. Louis, I have had the pleasure to play with and against some really great players. Its really hard to argue that there is a better defensive duo than Kiko Rytmeyr and Rex Kirkby in the SMJHL this season. Both have shown their worth and defensive abilities game in and out for our squad.

While they may not have had a great looking +/- in S43, its really hard to argue they didnt give it their all. Kirkby ended the season with 61 blocked shots and a -9 and his partner Rytmeyr was on the same page blocking 73 shots and an even +/-. The pair also laid out 119 hits to their opponents, lead by kirby's 88 hits.

As we have seen so far, these 2 are going to be beast's for years to come defensively. But thats only half the game that to 2 bring to the table. Both have a huge offensive upside, each one was able to end the season with 28 points. A combined 56 points from the blue line is a great D line for any team!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder