Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #122! (I miss the subheadings)

This is Chester

[Image: fart_1418812249.gif]

If you don’t listen to this episode right away, Chester will come by your house and have his way with you. Maybe you’d be into that. I’m not judging, just letting you know the consequence of not clicking below and listening right away to The Big Slappy Hour #122!

https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/the-big-slappy-hour-122

Thanks to Grandmaster Lukie Luke and his Fly TD Crew, Rich, Adam, Leppish, Avakael and Izz’int he lovely Izz’nt He wonderful for questions and comments : cheers:

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Crybaby subheadings Crybaby

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Reacting to this as I listen along.

You guys make a good point that we overlooked the use of hitting as a strategic move rather than just a hit count in our discussion about builds last week and it's definitely worth mentioning. I initially wanted to make the argument that hitting for turnovers makes sense but never gets tracked and you immediately made my counterpoint for me, so hats off. I'm absolutely on the side of bringing turnovers into the fold to make physical players more valuable from a pure statistics standpoint.

The theory about the sim seeking parity internally makes a lot of sense to me. It's no surprise that the results of a series seem way longer in this sim than they ever have in real actual hockey, and it sort of makes sense that the sim would want to offer the most interesting result possible to both teams. There's a lot more pressure in a game seven situation than there is in a game four elimination--although I wonder now whether people on the site would be more excited to see a four game sweep than they would a nail-biting game seven.

Great talk on the big milestone numbers that Izzy mentioned too. I might have gone with the Visser TPE count, but the backup record was still just as damn impressive. Great work as always guys.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

10-08-2018, 04:53 PMadamantium Wrote: Reacting to this as I listen along.

You guys make a good point that we overlooked the use of hitting as a strategic move rather than just a hit count in our discussion about builds last week and it's definitely worth mentioning. I initially wanted to make the argument that hitting for turnovers makes sense but never gets tracked and you immediately made my counterpoint for me, so hats off. I'm absolutely on the side of bringing turnovers into the fold to make physical players more valuable from a pure statistics standpoint.

The theory about the sim seeking parity internally makes a lot of sense to me. It's no surprise that the results of a series seem way longer in this sim than they ever have in real actual hockey, and it sort of makes sense that the sim would want to offer the most interesting result possible to both teams. There's a lot more pressure in a game seven situation than there is in a game four elimination--although I wonder now whether people on the site would be more excited to see a four game sweep than they would a nail-biting game seven.

Great talk on the big milestone numbers that Izzy mentioned too. I might have gone with the Visser TPE count, but the backup record was still just as damn impressive. Great work as always guys.

HOT TAKE INCOMING *sounds alarms*: I'm not blown away by the backup goalie stat. As a GM, you get to pick and choose when you deploy your backup goalie, and by nature of being Calgary's goalie he usually had a pretty good defense in front of him. Don't get me wrong, it's still "part of the game," but to me it speaks more to Esa than the goalie. And it still doesn't say a whole lot, and certainly wasn't the most impressive stat re: Esa on the list.

I voted for the Calgary playoff appearances, fwiw. I hope we get to end this one for the Dragons, though Smile

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-08-2018, 05:40 PMztevans Wrote: I voted for the Calgary playoff appearances, fwiw. I hope we get to end this one for the Dragons, though Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]

You inhuman monster!

10-08-2018, 06:52 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

You inhuman monster!

You love me. This forum needs more blue, that's all.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 08:36 PM by Rich.)

High praise from the GOAT podcast duo.

I lucked out finding Adam. I threw out a random tweet about being bored with solo podcasting, thinking it would amount to nothing. We had not interacted at all until we started podcasting, so I had no idea how it was going to go. Teaming up with him has made podcasting one of the reasons I look forward to the weekend.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Cant believe I almost missed the big slappy hour, about to start listening while doing a lab, also this might be a good intro for the BSH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_t7GtXO6w

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-08-2018, 08:34 PMRich Wrote: High praise from the GOAT podcast duo.

I lucked out finding Adam. I threw out a random tweet about being bored with solo podcasting, thinking it would amount to nothing. We had not interacted at all until we started podcasting, so I had no idea how it was going to go. Teaming up with him has made podcasting one of the reasons I look forward to the weekend.

What a sweetheart this guy is. For what it's worth, I threw out my response thinking it would so amount to nothing, but here we are.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Hell, @Slappydoodle as a Devils fan your answer to the sports question hurt.... aside from that, awesome podcast as usual from you guys!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Great stuff gentleman!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-08-2018, 08:54 PMLeppish Wrote: Hell, @Slappydoodle as a Devils fan your answer to the sports question hurt.... aside from that, awesome podcast as usual from you guys!

One of the greatest sports moments of my life.