Create Account

BREAKING: Gareth Rush Press Conference
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM by Rush.)

Monday, October 8, 2018 - The Proulx Firm Headquarters, New York

Simon Proulx: “Thank you all for joining us this evening. We just wanted to formally introduce Gareth Rush to the North American media, he’s just formally signed a representation contract with The Proulx Firm, and it’s now time to get to work. But before Gareth hits, the ice, I’ll turn this conference over to him and give you all a few minutes to ask questions.”

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Gareth Rush: “Hey guys, thanks for welcoming me to New York. I don’t have too much to open with, other than to say two things: the ice here is small and the talent pool is large. I’m anxious to get started.”

Simon Proulx: “What are your questions folks?”

Reporter: “Do you expect to join a team for the SMJHL playoffs?”

Gareth Rush: “Uh…”

Simon Proulx: “No, we don’t expect Gareth to sign. I had said earlier today that my phone lines were open and we did put some feelers out there, but to be honest, just about all the teams in the playoffs are loaded with forwards. If Gareth was to join a roster now, he’d do so as depth and with little time to prepare. That said, it’s best for us to focus on the draft and SMJHL Season 44.”

Reporter: “Gareth, did you expect to play in the current SMJHL playoffs upon arrival?”

Gareth Rush: “Um, not really. I’m well aware the SMJHL is currently saturated with SHL send-downs. Hell, many of the top picks from the Season 43 draft won’t see the top lines until maybe next season.”

Reporter: “It sounds like you have a gripe with the league.”

[Image: 185239364-56a55ec13df78cf77287f891.jpg]

Gareth Rush: “Not at all. Hey, I’m here to compete. But I think we can agree the SHL is in need of some expansion. And I know there’s been talks of it. For now though, the young guys like me just have to go to camps and outwork the guys who are already in year two if an SHL contract.”

Simon Proulx: “Hey folks, Gareth isn’t here to discuss to the format of the SHL or SMJHL...so please, let’s keep the questions on topic.”

Reporter: “Gareth, it’s unusual for an entry-level player to hire representation. What led you to the decision to hire an agent and then, what led you to The Proulx Firm?”

Gareth Rush: “Well Simon approached me back in Dublin. He, uh...saw me play a little bit and got a hold of some video. He gave me and my family The Proulx Firm pitch and we were all in. And I know it's not everyday a young player who’s entering the juniors rolls up with a player agent but you will all learn quickly that I’m not like the players you’re used to.”

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ff...=850&h=560]

Reporter: “What about you is different from what we’ve already seen and already have in the SMJHL?”

Gareth Rush: “Well for starters, I’m pretty damn honest. I’ll tell you all right now that I’m here to do one thing...and that’s become a superstar. I will certainly do everything in my power to get to an SMJHL team and help that team win, but it’s all about SHL stardom, and becoming the greatest hockey player known to man.”

Reporter: “Seems like an awfully steep goal Gareth, how do you plan to achieve it?”

Gareth Rush: “It is steep, but why not? Why not aspire to be the absolute best? Who wakes up in the morning and hopes to just be average!? Hell, if every young hockey player isn’t lacing up their skates with the ultimate goal of making Gretzky irrelevant, in favor of their last name, then they’re not right in the head. Make no mistakes, I’m not here to shoot for the moon. I’m here to knock it out of the sky while on my way to Mars.”

Reporter: “What can you tell us about your on-the-ice game that makes you a special player?”

Gareth Rush: “Well you’ve never seen a big man who can skate like me. You’re all familiar with Eric Lindros, correct? Well I’m the improved, Irish version of Eric Lindros that can take a hit. And I love to be in the face-off circle. For me, there’s nothing better...no pun intended...no better rush, than to skate up, drop stick, stare that other bastard in the eye, and then knock him sideways while I take the puck. I’m an arrogant prick when it comes to that circle but I do the job well and set up goals in the process.”

[Image: 539w.jpg]

Reporter: “Just curious if you have any preferences to this point?”

Gareth Rush: “Preferences for what?”

Reporter: “As in any team or teams you’d prefer to play for…”

Gareth Rush: “Any team that wants to put a big, Irish S.O.B on their ice and say, “go get ‘em”.”

Reporter: “Fair enough.”

Gareth Rush: “Seriously. I’m sure there will be certain things about teams and cities I like more than others. That we’ll figure out over the next couple of weeks. But at the end of the day, I’ll put any sweater on and look to make damn fools out of all the skaters on the opposite end of the ice. As I’ve already said, this is all about SHL stardom for me. The SMJHL is a springboard, but a very necessary one.”

Simon Proulx:  “Okay, we’ve got about enough time for one more question and then I’ve got to get this guy some rest.”

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1d_4GRVP0AqKyQuwcwbe...9j4zPEY64w]

Reporter: “Any predictions for the current SMJHL playoffs, Gareth?”

Gareth Rush: “Sure, Montreal and Halifax won’t win.”

(Laughter fills the room)

Gareth Rush: “Seriously...the Whalers have been the best team all year. I can’t see why they wouldn’t run away with the cup like they ran away with the regular season.”

Simon Proulx: “And that’ll do it guys. Again, thank you for coming out tonight and thank you for the, what should be, extremely positive articles and podcasts I’m sure you’re all going to cut tomorrow. Our first stop should be Montreal this week, so monitor your inboxes, and I’ll make sure we put out the details on exactly where and when Gareth will work out for the Militia.”

Gareth Rush: “Thanks guys.”

1041 words

Damn good shit man! Impressive!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Nice article man, really like it! Smile

RETIRED

Great stuff, man!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Thanks fellas. I'm obviously finding way more material (and fun) with the new player. I've learned a little bit in my short month here.