Create Account

Team Latvia Punishment
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 12:47 AM by artermis.)

As some of you already know, Team Latvia attempted to transfer Tauras Karazija ( @ontanis ) on the 7th.

Karazija is an S44, and as such may not be contacted in regards to transfers, nor transferred "before their first full SMJHL season's playoffs", the specific definition of which is the first sim of the playoffs (which was not until the night of the 8th), as has been the case for many past seasons and has been addressed in the head office and asked openly on several occasions just recently.

As such, this transfer constitutes tampering.

The head office was unable to find evidence suggesting the transfer was an attempt to circumvent the rules in a malicious way and it will be interpreted as a genuine mistake on the part of the Federation Head seeing as the transfer was but a day early.

Team Latvia will be punished as folows:
- The Tauras Karazija transfer shall be struck down and Karazija may not transfer to Latvia until the following transfer period opens in S44 (if they so choose).
- @Jogurtaa (The Federation Head issuing the transfer) shall be fined $2,000,000.

Should the current Latvian management commit a similar infraction in the future, the punishment will be more severe to reflect their second offender status.

In the interest of proactively preventing a future occurrence of such an issue, the rule-book shall be edited to specify the start of the transfer period for rookie SMJHL players.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

For those wishing to see the changes in the rulebook:

- Do not converse with players before the first sim of their first full SMJHL season's playoffs regarding matters to do with transferring to your own nation or other statements that may be construed as such, as it is tampering. You will be punished by not being able to perform any transfer for one full season as well as a fine and suspension on the first offense. If there is a second offense, you will be fired as well. In order to attract new players, you must rely on the thread you posted in the "International Recruiting" subforum. There will be a new welcome message sent to all new sign ups automatically that will link to that section.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 03:23 AM by iOBESE.)

I call bullshit here! Are you serious? The rule says one full SMJHL season, no specifics, so as a normal person you would assume that season means regular season as for a lot of teams season ends at the end of the regular season if they do not make into playoffs. So season is done, what is the issue? Do we really need to wait for an actual playoff sim to happen, to get on with normal business? Is there any objections from any of the sides of this transfer? Who's toe did we step on? The fact that in your opinion there was violation of rules, I will say that there was no violation because the rules were written as they were and just because you see in a specific way does not mean you're right.

Quote:- SMJHL Rookies CANNOT be contacted before the beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs

This is the rule, based on which you are putting out punishment. As the rule post is already modified by you, I do not know what was the original writing of the rules, but please show me where there is information when the playoffs start? Show me confirmed calendar of the "season" to understand when "season" starts, when it ends and when the playoff period starts?

Now if you want to make that correction, that you have to wait on the first sim, fair enough, you can do that, but you cannot force a law/rule on someone when it clearly does not say that yet. If you would understand how law/rules work, then you would know that unfortunately how the rule/law is written, that's how you understand it, not how you interpret it or how you thought it should be. Nah, it says - beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs - so in this case answering a simple question - When regular season ends, what comes next? The answer would be - Playoffs, so the playoff period has already started, there is no inbetween gap period, so the fact that you want to push this to some strict, specific deadline or in this case startline makes no sense and is invalid reason for this punishment.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

10-11-2018, 03:08 AMiOBESE Wrote: I call bullshit here! Are you serious? The rule says one full SMJHL season, no specifics, so as a normal person you would assume that season means regular season as for a lot of teams season ends at the end of the regular season if they do not make into playoffs. So season is done, what is the issue? Do we really need to wait for an actual playoff sim to happen, to get on with normal business? Is there any objections from any of the sides of this transfer? Who's toe did we step on? The fact that in your opinion there was violation of rules, I will say that there was no violation because the rules were written as they were and just because you see in a specific way does not mean you're right.

Quote:- SMJHL Rookies CANNOT be contacted before the beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs

This is the rule, based on which you are putting out punishment. Right, so show me where there is information when the playoffs start? Show me confirmed calendar of the "season" to understand when "season" starts, when it ends and when the playoff period starts?

Now if you want to make that correction, that you have to wait on the first sim, fair enough, you can do that, but you cannot force a law/rule on someone when it clearly does not say that yet. If you would understand how law/rules work, then you would know that unfortunately how the rule/law is written, that's how you understand it, not how you interpret it or how you thought it should be. Nah, it says - beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs - so in this case answering a simple question - When regular season ends, what comes next? The answer would be - Playoffs, so the playoff period has already started, there is no inbetween gap period, so the fact that you want to push this to some strict, specific deadline or in this case startline makes no sense and is invalid reason for this punishment.

I did ask twice for that in the IIHF Discussion Discord Channel!

TWICE! and both were be answered with .... after the first Playoff Sim is done! so dont blame now the IIHF HO!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 05:04 AM by iOBESE.)

10-11-2018, 03:19 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
10-11-2018, 03:08 AMiOBESE Wrote: I call bullshit here! Are you serious? The rule says one full SMJHL season, no specifics, so as a normal person you would assume that season means regular season as for a lot of teams season ends at the end of the regular season if they do not make into playoffs. So season is done, what is the issue? Do we really need to wait for an actual playoff sim to happen, to get on with normal business? Is there any objections from any of the sides of this transfer? Who's toe did we step on? The fact that in your opinion there was violation of rules, I will say that there was no violation because the rules were written as they were and just because you see in a specific way does not mean you're right.

This is the rule, based on which you are putting out punishment. Right, so show me where there is information when the playoffs start? Show me confirmed calendar of the "season" to understand when "season" starts, when it ends and when the playoff period starts?

I did ask twice for that in the IIHF Discussion Discord Channel!

TWICE! and both were be answered with .... after the first Playoff Sim is done! so dont blame now the IIHF HO!

When did you asked for it? If there was such question already in the air, why was it not specified and changed already?

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 03:55 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

10-11-2018, 03:31 AMiOBESE Wrote:
10-11-2018, 03:19 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: I did ask twice for that in the IIHF Discussion Discord Channel!

When did you asked for it? If there was such question already in the air, why was it not specified and changed already? Also this players season was already done as his team did not make it into the playoffs, so what is the issue?

again I did ask for it and after that 2 days no one did write anything ... so all were be able to see it. And for the changes ... I am not in the HO but after my question I knew it. I always saw one member of Team Latvia online and I tagged all with @everyone ... so no excuses here!

for the rule ... in the transfer thread its noticed ... if the playoffs start ... that never means directly after the reg season! because the playoffs starts with the playoff thread OR the first sim of the playoffs! so they did here nothing wrong.

my questions in the IIHF Discussion Discord Channel (just for the Heads/GMs/Coaches and HO) were ... at first .... when we can start the talks ... after the reg season ... if the thread is be posted .... or if the first sim is done!!! I also asked then a third time about this situation because I didnt know if they meant SHL or SMJHL Playoffs sim ... because SHL was this time faster than the SMJHL with the start of the playoffs (Thread and first sim)

so if you want to blame anyone ... then better the Head/GM/Co-Head/Co-GM/Coach ... for not notice that in the IIHF Discord Channel.

Edit: oh and in fact of the player what we talking about ... he is on Vancouver what I know and he is with Vancouver in the Finals :D

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Uh its the IIHF... nobody cares lol

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Yea it's always been the first sim of the playoffs. Pretty common knowledge. Feel like heads should know that.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

@iOBESE Here is the text of the former rule.

Do not converse with players before their first full SMJHL season's playoffs regarding matters to do with transferring to your own nation or other statements that may be construed as such, as it is tampering. You will be punished by not being able to perform any transfer for one full season as well as a fine and suspension on the first offense. If there is a second offense, you will be fired as well. In order to attract new players, you must rely on the thread you posted in the "International Recruiting" subforum. There will be a new welcome message sent to all new sign ups automatically that will link to that section.

10-11-2018, 04:41 AMDude Wrote: Yea it's always been the first sim of the playoffs. Pretty common knowledge. Feel like heads should know that.

I would agree with this, but it was pretty common knowledge at one point that the "In order to attract new players, you must rely on the thread you posted in the "International Recruiting" subforum" of the very rule in question would apply to comments on a Reddit post until that was deemed to not be the case. It was pretty common knowledge you couldn't apply for a federation head job if you weren't eligible to at least transfer to the federation until the Russia apps took place.

So I'm pretty conflicted. The rules are the rules, but this still really feels like it's coming out of left field and somehow feels unfair to Latvia. :(

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

walls of text

i just took the worst shit of my life

10-11-2018, 07:01 AMSamee Wrote: i just took the worst shit of my life

I would argue the first half of the S23 Seattle Spartans season was the worst shit of your life. <3

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-11-2018, 04:04 AMWasty Wrote: Uh its the IIHF... nobody cares lol

Yeah, I'm an IIHF GM of course I care

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

10-11-2018, 07:34 AMNobody Wrote:
10-11-2018, 04:04 AMWasty Wrote: Uh its the IIHF... nobody cares lol

Yeah, I'm an IIHF GM of course I care

Ya but now you shl gm

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

TBF if even McZ can read and understand the answer anyone should be able to.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]