Create Account

S43 PGS Game 94 - STL @ VAN

Game 94 - St Louis Scarecrows @ Vancouver Whalers
Final Score: 4-3 SO
Game Link

[Image: 1457987833583-160314-JJ-Social-Promo---T...40x360.jpg]

E.J: We welcome you back to Studio 23 in Vancouver, Ernie Johnson here with my hosts Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley on your right and the big man Shaquille O'Neal on your left as tonight... we return with the FINAL segment of "Shaq checking in on Shaq" where we reviewed games in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League with our special guest Shaquille Derisraka. TNT is not happy that we're focusing on hockey games on an NBA channel.

Desiraka: I'm disappointed, I love being on this show man.

Shaq: I'm disappointed as well, I feel as though I have a greater appreciation for hockey than I ever did before.

Charles: Only because these young kids skating make you look like big foot on ice

Shaq: Don't get me started Chuck, don't play me like that.

Kenny: Gentlemen, let's focus for the last segment, Des take it away for this game.
1st Period
1st period we don't get off at the right footing and that's never good. We have possession a few times but we can't get a shot on net, they're getting chances. Boyle wins the faceoff, Freeman gives and goes with the puck, Boyle fires a shot, big rebound... Leitner bails us out, we should bail him out... we don't and Smithers manages to get the puck and bury it home.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3339865]

After that, coach is ripping into us a bit, we get lucky with an icing, they're tired, we cycle the puck in their zone. Buck at the blue line passes to Skalbergs whose skating across the middle, his shots blocked, puck falls between the legs of the person who blocked it, Robert gets to it and fires it before Cain can react, we're right back in it.
[Image: kopstl1.gif]

Kenny: So Des, when you have these early game goals, game's still tied, does the mindset of the players change at all like in the NBA when we get some early moves going on

Des: Uh yeah, there's a mindset change for both goalies as we can see in this game. Both are trying to outperform the other. After the first two goals, its a goalie battle absolutely. We had a beautiful chance right after the 2nd goal. Kastrba's shot gets a rebound, Ryley shoots it and it's somehow saved.
[Image: v2vYL0.gif]

Leitner is keeping us in the game of course, he had two really big saves in the first and if even one of those went in, different game you know?
2nd Period
2nd period, again I think we start off way too slow, we need to push that pace early every period and start something. We're in the Scarecrows zone and being too patient for a good shot, we turn it over, Freeman gets a chance and he's on a freaking breakaway. And you know, I like Freeman he's a solid player in my draft class but he shouldn't have gotten that goal, he should have never been on that breakaway if we played better.
[Image: DimImpishBetafish.gif]

And this time? We don't get as lucky as last time. Skalsberg gets real close off the faceoffs once and hits the post but we're getting demolished in shots that period and Leitner is the only reason that we weren't down 5-1 at that point. He's making damn windmill saves out here.
[Image: Lundqvist-save-gif.gif]

We finally get some momentum around halfway through the period, Maverick gets another post for us with a slap shot so we're running high on emotions, Robert does the same literally 20 seconds later an we're really frustrated.

We finally cycle the puck and Kennedy makes a nice play to get the puck to Moore, Moore passes to me and I just fire because we need to at least test the goalie right? Goes bar down thanks to the screen and I get my first goal of the career in the SMJHL.
[Image: laine-1.gif]

We're all happy and all that but we still got a game to play, Takshak has a bad penalty, and they capitalize right away. Goku wins the faceoff, to Maple, to Manius and he just snipes it. That's so disappointing by us to let that happen right away. And right after that, Leitner has to make 3 saves in a row and our coach is PISSED.

Charles: Well I can see why, y'all playing like a.. like a bunch of scrubs out there because you ain't hustling out there.

Des: Exactly! We aren't hustling out there

3rd Period

What's even worse is that we continue this right after the 3rd period ends as well! Poor Leitner man; he's making saves like this
[Image: giphy.gif]
These should be spread out over a season, not in a game.

Now again, we get a bit of a lucky break as Rytmeyr takes an holding stick penalty and we get a chance at redemption here. Buck passes to Karazija at the point, he passes towards Robert on the left. No one's covering him and they're waiting for the pass. Herb just shoots it and makes them look silly
[Image: OEsN.gif]

After that, we have one scare again with bad defense but we slow em down finally and we prevent those big chances from happening for the rest of the period. Of course we don't do anything either so we're heading into OT

Overtime
In OT, we literally got nothing so both teams are playing for the penalty shootout.

Shootout
In the shootout, it's just a 50/50 chance you know. They get to go first and Goku starts it off. He tries to bait out the goalie by puck handling but Leitner stays patient and Goku has no where to go. After that Russo misses the net, Williams shoots the puck low glove right into Leitner's glove. Tokek is going up, he's skating in slow, fires it top glove and that goes in
[Image: 09b15829f86cefecf84a57fef0703004.gif]
Next up is Pedersen Jr and he misses the net so we get the dub.

E.J: And as of tradition for the last time, Charles who are the 3 stars of the night?

Charles: The Three Stars of the Night belong to:
#1 Herb Robert of Vancouver
#2 Bernard Freeman of St Louis
#3 Rowdy Smithers

E.J: That of course finishes off our last segment of Shaq checking in on Shaq. Now to finish things off. Shaq, who is your final fool of the segment.

Shaq: The fool of the game, belongs to the entire Vancouver Whalers defense. Holy I feel like I was watching a bunch of college players play with LeBron on their team because Leitner was the only reason why the game wasn't a blowout as Leitner barely got any support during the whole game.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 03:34 AM by ontanis.)

PLAY OF THE GAME: 4:13 (3rd period) – Herb Robert (Assisted by Tauras Karazija and Buck Maverick)

Gotta say, sportsfans, goals like these make or break the match. And in this goal is surely a doozy. The Vancouver Whalers capitalized on a power-play opportunity early in the third period. St. Louis Scarecrows defenseman Kiko Rytmeyr got penalized for a stick holding misconduct 3 minutes into the third period.

The Whalers power play unit clicked immediately, striking for a quick goal. Soren Kierkegaard won the face-off against St. Louis‘ Nicholas Williams. The loose puck was quickly scooped up by Buck Maverick who played it out of the danger and passed it off to Vancouver defenseman Tauras Karazija. Karazija wristed off a shot towards Aleister Cain net. But St. Louis‘ goalstopper showed his reflexes and deflected the shot with his stick. The puck slid comfortably over to Herb Robert whom let flying a fiery wrist shot from the left point towards Cain‘s net that made its way through traffic and in for the goal.

[Image: 91WI.gif]

After the goal the Whalers quickly bounced back right into the game to force an overtime and a shootout from which the Vancouver Whalers came out victorious.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!