Create Account

Game 92: Anchorage vs Detroit
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM by Nickleback_lover69.)

Game 92: Anchorage vs Detroit

WELCOME BACK! To another Nickelback Lover Summary. Tonight’s Topic is Game 92, Anchorage Armada vs Detroit Falcons. WHAT A GAME! I have to say, I love it when a game has a lot of shots a lot of goals and it's between two strong teams like Armada and Detroit. AS per usual, I always start off with the goalies.

Tonight, we have Benjamin Blue for Anchorage and Ricky Lewis from Detroit. As I mentioned before we had a lot of shots this game. Blue managed to save 29 out of 30 shots made on him with a save percentage of 0.935 and a new record of 9 wins 13 losses and 1 overtime loss. Ricky also managed to save 23 of 26 shots with a save percentage of 0.885. Not as good as my man Blue over here. This came was CLOSE and INTENSE and we had a substantial amount of penalties. Detroit playing rough with 5 out of 7 penalties of the night. Riley Rush, playing a savage game with both a roughing penalty and a slashing penalty from the first period. He’s been playing a sly game all night, reminding me of Marchand of the Boston Bruins. Except at least Marchand doesn’t get caught. Another intense dude on the ice is Aaron Freakin Rome for Goalie interference. With a middle name like “Freakin” you’re bound to be a little aggro. As for assists. ONCE AGAIN Tucker Baloo with the strong assist tonight. This kid is on fire. He reminds of Mitch Marner of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Fast, great with the puck, and never afraid to let someone else take the limelight. Tucker Baloo is my Star of the season.

Moving on to my overview of the three periods: First Period, Detroit Starts of Strong with the first Goal made by Tobias Viklund. Giving the Falcons a 1-0 lead. But as I mentioned before this game was between two strong teams and there was no way Anchorage would let that lead last. Only five minutes later Jax Aittokallio scores the second goal of the night, bringing us to a tie.  But only 1 minute later Karl Von Wittelsbach scores Anchorages second goal right after and really sets them up for the second period.  Second Period was close, Detroit was really fighting to score another goal, and doing whatever it takes. But about 10 mins in and Anchorage Jax Aittokallio scores his SECOND goal of the night. Honestly, I thought this kid would get a hattrick and the rate he was going at. The second period ends with a 3-1 Lead for Armada, and it's not looking good for Detroit. But 6 mins into the Third Period and Detroit fighting for that come-back when Marc Palicka scores the Detroit’s second goal of the night. Unfortunately for Detroit. Although fairly evenly matched with Armada skill-wise they couldn’t keep up with the team and their amazing teamwork and skill. Well deserved Armada…Well deserved.

Words: 491