Create Account

Erik Chisling faces the press re: NE GM
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018, 09:42 AM by Ace.)

[Image: NewEngland.png]

[Image: GMGM.jpg]

Interview Erik, you left a prominent role and some even saw you as a figurehead in Edmonton. Why did you make the move to New England in a move many saw as a lateral one, rather than a promotion?

My family and I are ecstatic to return to New England. I can’t say enough about my time working with Karlssens in Edmonton. He’s a great guy to work with. He’s calm and calculated during times of great pressure, and an excellent analytical mind. I appreciate the opportunity he gave me with Edmonton and I appreciate my teammates in Edmonton’s understanding for my departure. I’ll endure a little bit of playful ribbing from them for quite a while, and I’d do the same thing in their shoes. Regarding your question, I don’t know how much you know about my historical background, but this wasn’t just a random leap for a Head GM role. This isn’t about glory or the chance to be a head GM, I could have had that with just a matter of time in Edmonton. This was about coming home. I first cut my teeth with Manhattan in a management role around S8-S10, but I really got my first taste of running the show with the New England Wolfpack around the time from the relocation from Hartford. It was an absolute pleasure to manage that team, and I had to step down due to personal reasons. I regretted letting that opportunity go at the time, and when I saw the opening, I had to put my foot in the door.

Interview It seems like you being named GM in New England caused quite a lot of strife. As an external candidate, do you think all the public anger is deserved? What is your take on the whole thing?

I can understand their frustration whole heartedly. I have my own personality clashes with some of the folks that are no longer affiliated with the organization. I have made it perfectly clear with the team and the locker room that I am not here to disrupt the culture and community that Toivo and Storm worked hard to build. It seems that message has been well received for the most part. Kosonen, Fletcher, Czerkawski and Spitfire have moved onto new roles in other organizations. The remainder seems happy with the planned direction we continue to go and that’s all that matters to me. We’ll prepare for the upcoming season and continuing to build a product that will grow into a competitive team here in the East.

Interview What state do you see the team in right now? Are you going to continue GM Toivo’s rebuild? Are you going to try to see what you can do with the roster as assembled? What is your strategy?

I think it’s easy to see that with the departures of the names I’ve already mentioned that it’s time for a new wave of talent to come in and make their names with this storied franchise. Players like Becker, Ball, Andani, Maverick, Gotze, Ulrich. These guys are going to be big name core guys for a long, long time with this team. I’m ecstatic to inherit such a fantastic young core to build a strong foundation with. Sprinkle in some of that New England Wolfpack legendary vet experience with Deets and Mia, we’re in for a treat. We just won the lottery, so we’ll entertain all options, but that’s another tremendous asset we can use to continue building this team.

Interview You recently named jcfbey01 as New England Co-GM. With his relatively short resume, what prompted you to give him the job?

As an outside candidate, I really wanted someone that was with the team to come on board and work directly with me. Although I am trying my best to understand and commit to the culture, it’s not an instant download. Jcfbey01 has management experience in other leagues and in the SMJHL, and he’s got the enthusiasm to work hard and help in the day to day operations here in the New England front office. I’m very happy to have him on board and look forward to helping him develop his managerial skills.

Interview Thank you Erik. That's it for me, I appreciate you taking the time to chat about this new opportunity.  

ERIK CHISLING IS NOW AVAILABLE TO THE ROOM TO TAKE QUESTIONS

@"Green"
1. Xander Green has not been showing up to practice the last months, what are your plans with him?

Xander Green, even if his work ethic has been called into question, is a huge part of this team this upcoming season and moving forward. He's slotted in as our #2 center for the upcoming season behind recent acquisition Tigole Bitties. 

2. Do you believe in Green's agency being Eastern-cursed? As he still is 1/1 for cups in the West, while he never won one in the East?

I don't believe in such thing as a curse. I'd imagine that it's all just bad luck in the East.  

1. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

No, it is a hot dog. Even if it is in a bun, there's no two distinct separate sides of the bread, it's one singular piece of bread. It's pretty cut and dry. 

2. Prospect Rafe Ulrich has been reported to being called up this offseason. Tell us your thoughts on Ulrich? 

Rafe Ulrich is a strong power forward prospect that reminds me in many ways of longtime Western Conference rival Mike Izzy. He's uniquely positioned to have a strong rookie year as he's developed into his body quite well with superior strength and defensive awareness. I'm incredibly excited to see what Ulrich can do with the Pack this season.  

3. It has been over 10 seasons now since the New England Wolfpack last won a cup. How close do you think this team is to winning one?
Great question. I think that if we can keep this young core together and continue to build on it, we could be back into contention as soon as S45-S46. Once we get there, we're in STHS' hands. 

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on the new job. We've already seen a couple deals made between you & your former boss in Edmonton. Can we expect more moves in that same vein moving forward?
I can't say I was specifically going back to work with Karl for any reason other than they made sense. I enjoyed my time in Edmonton and working with Karl but it's strictly business. 

1. New England will be experiencing their first season without long-time veterans Jasper Clayton and or Patrikov Bure on the ice in over 17 seasons, while both were definitely past their prime and new players have stepped up to fill their aging skill set over the seasons, how will the Wolfpack handle their loss in leadership?

With these two players departing, it certainly does leave a void. With that said, I am confident that with the other personnel we have in the room that we'll be able to lead as a committee. Players like Deets and Mia are sure to fill the void.

2. Why do you use NE instead of NEW?

Because NEW looks silly. New England is most easily abbreviated with NE. 

3. Something I've noticed over the past few seasons is that when a new GM is hired, GMs may acknowledge some of the team's past players and their contributions on the ice. Will there be any retirement or jersey raising ceremonies for long time players Nathan Russell, Raven Silverwing, Patrikov Bure, and Jasper Clayton?

As was already shared, Russell's name already hangs in the rafters. All other names are certainly going to be evaluated and considered in due time. 

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

So, uh, what's our plan?

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

10-12-2018, 09:37 AMAce Wrote:
ERIK CHISLING IS NOW AVAILABLE TO THE ROOM TO TAKE QUESTIONS

1. Xander Green has not been showing up to practice the last months, what are your plans with him?

2. Do you believe in Green's agency being Eastern-cursed? As he still is 1/1 for cups in the West, while he never won one in the East?

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

1. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

2. Prospect Rafe Ulrich has been reported to being called up this offseason. Tell us your thoughts on Ulrich?

3. It has been over 10 seasons now since the New England Wolfpack last won a cup. How close do you think this team is to winning one?

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on the new job. We've already seen a couple deals made between you & your former boss in Edmonton. Can we expect more moves in that same vein moving forward?

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Why do you hate me?

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

10-12-2018, 03:24 PMkarlssens Wrote: Why do you hate me?

Ace is asshole. Why karlssens hate?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

1. New England will be experiencing their first season without long-time veterans Jasper Clayton and or Patrikov Bure on the ice in over 17 seasons, while both were definitely past their prime and new players have stepped up to fill their aging skill set over the seasons, how will the Wolfpack handle their loss in leadership?

2. Why do you use NE instead of NEW?

3. Something I've noticed over the past few seasons is that when a new GM is hired, GMs may acknowledge some of the team's past players and their contributions on the ice. Will there be any retirement or jersey raising ceremonies for long time players Nathan Russell, Raven Silverwing, Patrikov Bure, and Jasper Clayton?

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 04:56 PM by Eggy216.)

10-13-2018, 04:39 PMKevin Juice Bieksa Wrote: Nathan Russell

Pat, you contributed to the banner raising ceremony I did for Russell lol

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=77180

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

10-13-2018, 04:52 PMEggy216 Wrote:
10-13-2018, 04:39 PMKevin Juice Bieksa Wrote: Nathan Russell

Pat, you contributed to the banner raising ceremony I did for Russell lol

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=77180

delete this heresy

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]

All questions up to this point answered.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother