Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 9: I'm Back Edition
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 06:03 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Guess who's back? Back again.

Topics include:

Playoffs up to this point
Possible new Sim League with FHM5?
Top 100 List re-work
SMJHL Playoffs: Should all teams make playoffs?
Answering questions
Ace/New England Controversy
IIHF: Does it matter?

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 9

Past Beancasts:
Beancast Episode 2: Blame it on FourFour Edition
Beancast Episode 2: Gorlab be Trollin' Edition
Beancast Episode 3: Gripe Till I Die Edition
Beancast Episode 4: Featuring Mpc "Nikitin"
Beancast Episode 5: Fuck You, Pay Me Edition (Ft. Nikitin)
Beancast Episode 6: Ft. Nikitin, Tanner (Playoffs!?)
Beancast Episode 7: Trill God+Nikitin Takeover
Beancast Episode 8: So Disappoint Edition

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Ilike

Lundberg isn't done hitting just yet. I don't think there is any chance I'll break the record, but I'm going to try to be the 3rd player to get to 3000 hits.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 12:04 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Love the show man... you offer a certain historical knowledge to the pod which adds a credability to the listener. Very good stuff, keep doing these!

Per your Points/Blocks/Hits discussion..... So Joe McKeil is 10th with 2333 hits...McDavid is the Hits leader at 3430 (which is quite the number!) .. So far through 7 full SHL seasons Izzy has 1314 Hits which is a 187 hit average per season. Also should hit regression at 2050+ TPE ....Whats your thoughts on Izzy and either of those records?

Also, glad you added the top 100 back. I think its one of those adds to the league that becomes a real selling point to young players as incentive for working hard to become a better player, especially now when theres been such a large pool of players in the juniors.  IMO, i like the 60/30/10 breakdown for previous seasons, that makes allot of sense.. The one area that i think can use some work within the system is that its a bit too points based. Take forwards as an example, player A has 53 points and nothing else... player B has 49 points and 185 hits... IMO player B in the SIM and in real life is considered just as good if not better....  but in a points based system player A would be ranked allot higher. If the system could find a way to add a % added for players with XX amount of blocks that year, or a % for players that end with XX hits to the overall score... i think that can help.  

Another choice is adding a small group of say 3-4 guys who would be willing to fill out the top 100 sheet each season and have the knowledge and committment to do it well.... as an example... you, Alex Light who always filled his sheets out, myself ... and a 4th member who is a goalie.. that would have a defenseman, sniper, power forward and goalie filling the sheet out..  that gives a certin diversity to the list which adds credability to the overall standings.  just some food for thought!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria