Create Account

S43 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 08:35 PM by ej27.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S43 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S44 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline, that's not you.

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into an existing playoff lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Must include: 150 words.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.
Must include: 100 words.

Task #3 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) OR create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Must include: Written option - 200 words. Graphic option - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.

Task #5 - Create a playoff poster for your team advertising a specific game or a series. (If your team didn't make playoffs, create a rivalry night style poster for a regular season game.)
Must include: at least one SMJHL logo.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete 10/24 @ 6pm CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 06:22 PM by Baelor Swift.)

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into an existing playoff lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?
Poopity Scoop and the Detroit Falcons got eliminated in the semi-finals by none other than the St. Louis Scarecrows. However, the Scarecrows likely wish they could have done things a bit differently back in the Season 43 SMJHL Draft, namely avoid taking defenseman Antonio Calculon with the eighth overall pick when a handful of far better defensemen were on the board. While Poopity Scoop would not wish to be anywhere other than with the Detroit Falcons, let's look at this alternate reality where the Scarecrows didn't make a boneheaded decision and ended up taking Scoop with that 8th overall selection. While Poopity Scoop did go through some growing pains during the regular season, he showed his elite potential in the playoffs with Detroit, finishing first on his team in +/- and hits and third in points. Assuming he replicated this performance in a seven game series with the Scarecrows, he would have contributed 6 points, 21 hits, 9 shot blocks, and a +2 rating. To put that into perspective, Calculon couldn't even match those numbers throughout the entire playoffs, scoring just 2 points and registering only 7 hits. Scoop's strong presence on the blue line could have even pushed St. Louis ahead of Vancouver for a Four Star Cup win. Too bad.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.
Well I already did so in the playoffs, showing off some incredible all-around skills and leading the Falcons in playoff +/- and hits as a rookie. Things can only go up from there. And as the leader of the draft class in TPE, any SHL GM would salivate at the chance to have me. Unfortunately for them, it is only a pipe dream for them to secure a future Hall of Fame defender, one who can enter the league with a strong defensive and physical presence yet still with the ability to contribute offensively. Why, you ask? Because Poopity Scoop is locked into playing with the Minnesota Chiefs. A team with an aging Alonzo Garbanzo and just-retired Bubba Nuck at defense, they need some reinforcements quick for former first overall pick Isak Odegard and Poopity Scoop should definitely fit the bill for the squad.

Task #3 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) OR create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
What are your thoughts on how the series against St. Louis turned out?
Obviously I'm not happy. We really pushed hard but the Scarecrows' dirty tricks allowed them to get past us. It's really unfortunate the SMJHL condones such cheating and poor sportsmanship. Honestly, if I could, i would go to a different league but their deal with the SHL makes that impossible for me. Really has me in a bind... But overall, I'm happy with our performance. In a clean battle we would have come out victorious. SKREEEEEEEE

Wow, those are some serious allegations
I know. And they're true. It's a sad situation but what can I do? I'm just one guy doing the thing here.

What about the regular season? What are your thoughts?
I didn't do as well offensively as I thought I could have done. I mean, I think I showed what I can do in the playoffs offensively but I didn't do so well there in the regular season. But I definitely established myself as a physical presence in the league this season and opponents took notice. Many times, I saw opposing forwards hesitate when they saw me in their lane so I know I'm making an impact. But I can always do better.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.
Game 5 of the SMJHL Finals was obviously a big one as Vancouver won the Four Star Cup with this one. And much like the entire series, their dominance over the Scarecrows was never really in question. They opened the scoring early, less than three minutes into the game as Soren Kierkegaard assisted on a Jack Kennedy goal to take an early lead. And just over two minutes later, Tokek Takshak double the Whalers lead with a powerplay goal. While just over a minute later, Nicholas Williams of the Scarecrows would bring his team within a goal and into striking distance, the Whalers didn't even end the first without scoring again. With less than five minutes to go, Erik Skalbergs put the Whalers up 3-1, a lead they took into the first intermission. Barret McCarthy of the Whalers scored in the second period to give his team a three goal lead and as hard as their opponents tried, they could only score one more goal the rest of the way as the Whalers cruised to a 4-2 victory to clinch a cup win. Wahoooo

Task #5 - Create a playoff poster for your team advertising a specific game or a series. (If your team didn't make playoffs, create a rivalry night style poster for a regular season game.)

[Image: SMJHLCW.png]

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Task #1- Xena was the highest first gen draft pick, and played valiantly in her rookie season, posting 23 points on the last place Anchorage Armada. The team that we know for sure is going to the finals is the Vancouver Whalers, and while Lillie Jacobs has less TPE than Shaquille Derisraka, Derisraka would be replaced since he is the 4th line center. Xena's 267 TPE are more than his 242, so she would be a slight upgraded. She would bring a balanced statline to the playoffs, likely posting a modest 2-3 goals and a likewise amount of assists. The decrease in scoring pace would be attributed to a decrease in ice time, as she received  good minutes with the Armada. She is a disciplined player, receiving only 2 penalty minutes during the regular season, so it is likely that she wouldn't have taken any penalties. She occasionally delivers a hit, so she would likely have around 10 hits.

Task #2- I will be sure to try to get myself to 350 TPE before the draft; I am currently the TPE leader for my class, and I will try to keep that title. I have already gotten a job on the All-Star committee, and I may take on a second one. This, along with cranking out articles and coverage, will boost my bank account so that SHL GMs know I can cover my expenses. Not only do I want to just "cover my expenses", but I want to be interesting; I will sneak some graphical content into my articles, and perhaps put out a few satirical articles and a novella. I'm considering writing a novella about Ola Wagstrom discovering that the Detroit Arena is haunted around Halloween! Also, my participation in the IIHF as a rookie and being co-GM of Team Scandinavia for the World Cup should show my interest in all aspects of the league. Lastly, I will be reaching out to SHL GMs, filling out S44 Interested Prospects forms, and responding briskly to any inquiries in my messages here or on Discord.

Task #3-

Q: At the time of this writing, you are facing a Game 7 must-win match against the Scarecrows. How is your team handling this and what will you have to do to win?

A: Game 6 was a must-win for us too and we pulled it off, decisively. We're riding high off a shutout, so we need to carry that momentum forward coming out of the gate. Everyone is very serious right now and we're reviewing all our plays and strategies. Nobody wants to mess up; to win, we need to execute set plays and to have another great night from our goalie Cedric Robinson. As for me personally, I scored my second goal of the playoffs in the last game, put the final nail in the coffin. I'd like to add one more to that.

Q: Are you guys ready to face the Whalers in the finals?

A: If we make it. Obviously, our ultimate hope for this run is to win it all. We'll be the underdog again, but we've been in the last two series and we've fared better than anyone thought. We play a lot meaner in the playoffs, and if we get a chance to face them, I think Vancouver will see that and they won't be prepared for that. I think we're the most underrated team in the SMJHL.

Q: How would it feel to hold the Cup?

A: I can't even imagine, but I hope I get to find out! I would never forget the feeling of kissing the smooth metal and hoisting it above my head!

Task #4-
Detroit vs St. Louis: Round 2, Game 6--Goals Recap

The Falcons were outshot 40-22, but Cedric Robinson came through, stopping all 40 of St. Louis' shots. In the first period, Detroit scored twice. Less than a minute into the game, David Fantobens had his 4th goal of the postseason, as Dank Boija got the puck to him after a faceoff. He whipped around and hammered it home to give the Falcons a 1-0 lead. The next goal was off a perfectly executed set play on the powerplay. Fantobens dropped the puck back to the point, where defenseman Wolfhard Richter unleashed a blast that rocketed past Aleister Cain.

The Falcons did not take their foot off the accelerator in the second, as Xavier Paquette scored 2:50 into the period on a tic-tac-toe play with rental winger Muhammad McLovin. Rookie winger Ola Wagstrom scored Detroit's fourth and final goal, as Dank Boija passed to him in the zone and he one-timed the puck into the net. No more goals were scored by either side for the rest of the duration of the game.

Task #5-
[Image: HhfzWP4.png?1]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Code:

If I were to pull one player from an eliminated team and slot them into a playoffs team, it would absolutely be Kristof Kovacs. Kovacs was an absolute stud this season, netting 15 goals and adding 33 assists. His +20 rating shows just how potent he is on both ends of the ice. He could easily slot into the top 6 of the Scarecrows and add more quality depth on the bottom of the Scarecrows lineup. Kovacs has also been very deadly in the faceoff circle, with a little over a 51% faceoff win percentage. While not elite, it still shows his ability to win draws in pivotal situations. Slotting him between Nicky Pedersen Jr. and Lil Manius would mean that the Scarecrows would slide their best center to the second line, and they would field one of the deadliest top 6's in the league. On top of that, throw in his ability to be a force on the powerplay and you have a recipe for success which every team wants to emulate.

Code:

To distrinugish myself from all the other players in this draft I'm going to continue to work hard on building my player and sell the fact that I'm going to buy into team culture, and stay there for the duration. I've done a good job building a competent player, and boast a fairly high TPE total relatively speaking. I'm excited to join a new locker room and mesh with my new teammates. The best part of this site is meeting and getting to know new people and that's the biggest thing I want to relay to SHL GM's. Whoever drafts me, will not be disappointed.

Code:
Must include: Written option - 200 words. Graphic option - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Interview Bernard, you've been a part of a great third down shutdown line during these playoffs which has offered tremendous secondary scoring and defensive ability. How does it feel knowing your contributions are appreciated on both ends of the ice?

It's incredibly humbling knowing that the Scarecrows organization has had so much trust in me throught, not only, the draft process but during the course of the season as well. I've continued to work hard day in and day out and understand what it takes to be successful.

Interview Where do you see this team headed as the playoffs continue to move on?

Obviously we have such a great team and we know that any team that is currently in the playoffs has the ability to win it all. WE know that if we continue to play our game and do the right things both on and off the ice, we can be succesful and have a very deep playoff run. We have a great team top to bottom and anything less than a championship, for us, would be disappointing.

Interview Is there anything you're looking to achieve personally during these playoffs?

I'm very aware of my role within this team. I'm not going to kid myself into believing that I'm going to be the points leader in these playoffs. That's just not what my team needs from me. I'm here to play a sound, 200 foot game. I'm here to press the game on the forecheck, generate shots in the offensive zones, and suffocate the opposing team when we're back in our own end.

Code:

One of the biggest games so far, for the St. Louis Scarecrows in the playoffs had to be the game 5 against the Detroit Falcons. The Falcons were able to take advantage of the slow start by St. Louis and get up 2-0 in just 24 minutes of gameplay. For most teams in the SMJHL, they might have broke mentally and allowed the game to slip away from them. Not these St. Louis Scarecrows. The Scarecrows were able to cut the lead down to 1 just a few minutes before the second period had expired. This seemed to be the turning point for the entire game. The Scarecrows came out hard in the the third period and were able to put up another two goals, with the game winner coming just 5 minutes into the third period, just over a minute and a half after the game tying goal was scored. The Scarecrows did a great job of rallying around their goaltender, Alesteir Cane, who came alive in the final two periods despite being outshot 33-27.

Code:

[Image: TB4IyYk.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018, 11:23 AM by Mack.)

I would replace Antonio Calculon on the St Louis Scarecrows with Charlie Schieck of the Montreal Militia. This is a defenseman for the Scarecrows that they drafted really high
this offseason who unfortunately has already gone inactive. If they were to have another stud 350 capped defenseman like Charlie Schieck from Montreal I think St Louis
would easily win their game 7 match against Detroit that is coming up. Also he would go along way to help them beat Vancouver in the finals. I think if Charlie Schieck played
the entire playoffs with the Scarecrows he would 5 assists through 6 games compared to the 2 that Calculon has. Also I think he would have about 8 shot blocks and be a
positive 3. You can never have enough top defenseman and Schieck has really been a leader in the locker room as well. You need good veterans around to win it all in this
league and having him replace an inactive Calculon would go far.

I want to write some articles that help boost my bank account so I can afford training and gear in the SHL. It would be nice to have enough money for at least 2 full seassons
of training and gear. That way I will never feel behind or too poor to do the full 1mil training each week. Also I will do all the training activities I can to gain as much
TPE as possible. I am staying active on the forums and in discord hoping to meet more people and maybe speak to some of the GM's as well. Right now I have no idea what the
interest in my player is but I will keep active and am having lots of fun.

Q: Willy Mack you just finished your first season in the SMJHL how do you feel?
A: I feel so great! It was lots of hard work and I know that hard work really pays off in life so I couldn't be happier. It already is paying off with all the new friends
I have met on my team. It was hard to move to Montreal and leave my old life behind but I am so happy.

Q: Are you excited for the SHL Draft? Do you have a favorite team in mind?
A: I am really excited for the SHL Draft! This means a lot to me and my family. I have been working really hard my whole life to get to this point and the SHL is the best league
in the world. As for a favorite team I can't say that I do. I really feel like one of the funnest things in hockey is joining a new team and meeting a new family. I don't
care which team it is that I end up on, all I know is I am going to love them.

Q: So your team was eliminated in the 2nd round by the league leading Vancouver Whalers, how was that and what will you do to be better next year?
A: Vancouver was a stacked team. They played great hockey and we really didn't have the depth to match them. It was a great learning experience for me and the boys though.
Next season we will be back way stronger as we are all working out in a new program this summer and changing our diets to include less garbage.

Game 2 of the SMJHL Finals between St. Louis and Vancouver was a blowout!
Vancouver came into the game leading the series 1-0 and looking to take a strong 2-0 lead on the series. The first period was really one of the most dominant periods of hockey I have seen all season. Vancouver came out guns a blazing and scored 5 goals in the period while St. Louis only had 5 total shots, none went in. The Whalers were in full control of the game from there on out and ended up winning the game 7-1. Leitner the goalie for Vancouver played a very strong game and did great at controlling the first shot and not giving too many rebounds. For Vancouver Eriks Skalbergs was on fire as he scored 2 goals and added an assist. He did score a third goal for the hat trick in the third period but it was reviewed and called off for goaltender interference! This game had two different goals go to review and both were called off. The series is now 2-0 Vancouver with game 3 set to take place shortly! It looks like Vancouver will win this series as they have been the best team all year but we will see what the Scarecrows reply with at home!

[Image: yrTz8nX.jpg]

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 02:49 AM by NUCK.)

If I had to choose a single player to add to our cup finals run, that player would be Derek Bohne! There is one reason and one reason this man exists and that reason is winning face offs! Hes a machine built for the task, some say it's almost like hes being molded by another entity towards being the best ever in the dot.

With that said, that is the exact reason I think we could have turned the table in the finals and walked away champions. Adding Derek Bohne as a face off specialist would helped in every zone and drop of the puck. Bohne had a 57.86% in his 12 games played and really could have been the difference for us in the end. It pains me to say it but if we would have benched Boyle, we could have played Bohne all over the line up.

Something had to change, I guess this would have been the right move.

The draft honestly has me very worried, I have no idea how it will pan out and where I will land and when.

I think as a player my best chance to catch the eye of an SHL GM would be to let my play do the talking. As we all know St. Louis was just in the finals against Vancouver, although we didnt come out with a win I do believe I played well. My game is not about flashy plays and being in the spotlight. My game is about the scary places on the ice and the places most dont want to venture.

[Image: 0edb29d7026ca45be1bb59e4dc3a0438.png]

[Image: b6fc8d80283a93a13dcf0f599fe0371b.png]

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into an existing playoff lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look? 

So, since my Falcons are now out of the playoffs, I'll use my own guy. Why not? So Franz Cooper, "famous" 4th line rookie right winger gets to move into the linup of one of the championship week SMJHL teams. Here's what the right side looks like for those two teams. The St. Louis Scarecrows have Manius, Taylor, Nuck and Baston there during the regular season. The Vancouver Whalers had Skalbergs, Mauldin, Kastrba, and Jacobs there during the regular season. I'd see Franz fitting in better somewhere into the Scarecrows lineup - likely moving some pieces around to get him into the 4th line RW role that he held all season with the Falcons. He'd continue getting his 9 minutes per game, likely score a couple points, and help production down there as best he could. It'd be fun to play with any of those guys, and the Scarecrows are a pretty lit offense so Cooper would work well in their system.

Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.

Just grinding away. It's an exciting time of the year for prospects and there's a lot of good talent in this draft class. On the Falcons alone there are guys like Crutch Crutchfield, Poopity Scoop, Ola Wagstrom, Waffles. Then guys all over the league are lighting it up. Lots of big name families and agents, guys with known pedigrees. So I plan on just doing my thing. Teams who are interested can know what they're going to get - a guy dedicated to winning and helping them win in the SHL. I don't miss any opportunity to get better and I'll keep pushing myself. I look forward to getting into some conversations with SHL GMs, co-GMs, scouts and talking about where I might be a good fit. We'll see what happens, but I'm looking forward to the entire process - no matter where I end up going. Draft will be an exciting night, and I'm looking forward to watching it with my Falcons teammates and other guys in the J who are going to have incredible careers.

Task #3 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) OR create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 

Q: Franz Cooper - right wing for the Detroit Falcons. You were just eliminated in Round 2 against the St. Louis Scarecrows in a OT game 7. Walk us through that series and how it ended.

It was a really tough series. Give credit to St. Louis, they played some incredible hockey to get to the championships and hats off to them. But I thought we really brought it. During the regular season we had great matches against those guys, so it was fun to continue the battles into the playoffs. In the end they managed to get that OT goal, and it's painful to be that close and not get to the finals, but this is year 1 for me in Detroit. They say there has to be pain before you know what it takes to win - well I'm ready to win. Falcons coming back hot in S44.

Q: In terms of your personal performance, how would you describe it during the playoffs?

It was frustrating at times. I had some good looks, and a couple points on the boxscore, but its hard to not get a lot of time on the ice. Not taking it away from the guys who did have the ice time - they definitely deserved it, but taking the rookie lumps and getting consistently under 9 minutes a game ... even 6-7 minutes a game sometimes in that last series, was demotivating. But its about pushing through - and I think our 4th line really started to gel. Having Waggy down there really lit a fire and he started going. He was a difference maker with our ice time, so it was cool to see.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 

Game Recap - Game 7, Round 2, St. Louis Scarecrows 5 v Detroit Falcons 4 (OT)

In a thrilling finish to a thrilling playoff series, the Detroit Falcons and St. Louis Scarecrows went toe to toe in Game 7 of the semi-final SMJHL playoff round. The Scarecrows came out hot and put a whopping 17 shots on net in the first period, finding twine twice. Rookie Brock Nuck notched his second playoff goal to put St. Louis ahead and Adam Taylor followed up at the half way mark to put the hometeam up 2-0. Detroit kept in the game with a late period goal from a rookie trifecta: Poopity Scoop getting the goal, and fellow S44 rookies Crutch Crutchfield and Ola Wagstrom assisting on the late tally. With a 2-1 game into the second, both teams tightened up defensively and put up 15 shots combined. Detroit found a way to tie up the game in the tight checking period, with trade acquisition Muhammed McLovin tying things at 2 at the half way mark. The third was a raucous affair, with 4 powerplay goals in total going up on the board. David Fantobens scored twice for Detroit and his goals were bookended by St. Louis goals, including the game-tying goal by Scarecrow Steven Moyer just past the half-way mark. In OT St. Louis managed to find the back of the net with their second shot on goal, with rookie Bernard Freeman scoring the game and series winner.

Task #5 - Create a playoff poster for your team advertising a specific game or a series. (If your team didn't make playoffs, create a rivalry night style poster for a regular season game.)

[Image: Jj5O4lx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 11:49 AM by Ragnar.)

1. I would place Willie Fisterbottom of the Montreal Militia into the Vancouver Whalers defensive lineup. Replacing Tokek Takshak of the Vancouver Whalers with Willie Fisterbottom would be a huge mistake, but I think it would be funny to see how it effects their possible outcome in the finals. Fisterbottom had zero goals and one assist over twelve games in the playoffs, finishing with a plus/minus of -4. Compare that to Takshak’s three assists in five games and a plus 5, that would probably be pretty detrimental to their chances in winning the finals, and that’s funny to me. Willie would definitely round out the finals with zero goals, zero assists and a plus/minus of at least -5, if not much worse. His physical presence would make no difference and he’d leave the Vancouver head office and players shaking their heads, wondering what Montreal was thinking when they drafted him.

2. How I am going to distinguish myself during the off season for SHL GMs for the upcoming draft is by really rounding out my golf game. Just kidding, I don’t know anything about golf. I’d like to put on some weight and hit the weight room real hard in the off season to really get my strength up. I want to be a physical presence that other SHL teams are afraid of when they hit the ice. I want it to be known that Willie Fisterbottom didn’t come to fuck around, and that he’s going to flex his monster traps on all these little punk ass SHL players. I will take no prisoners and my biceps will be the size of Hulk Hogan’s in his prime. The worlds largest pythons, BRETHER.

3. Hello everyone, I’m Donny Longstroke and I’m here reporting live from the Montreal Militia’s locker room clean out day along with Willie Fisterbottom. Thanks for doing this, Willie.

Willie Fisterbottom: Hey thanks for interviewing me. This might be my first interview all season. I’m not very good.

DL: Haha very true you’re not very good.

WF: ...

DL: It was a disappointing playoffs for you where you banked exactly one point. How do you feel?

WF: I feel bad about it... what the fuck do you think?

DL: How do you feel about this past season? Did you think your team did well?

WF: I think, all things considered, we did pretty well. We were a young group of up and comers who were just getting onto a new team and starting to experience the junior lifestyle. I know for me personally, it was a huge growing experience and I found it to be overall a pretty good experience. I look forward to contributing more in the future and hopefully being drafted into the SHL in the upcoming draft.

DL: Well you’re pretty awful so don’t hold your breath. Are you considering coming back to the SMJHL for another season if (BIG IF) you get drafted into the SHL?

WF: I would love to play another season for Montreal if my SHL team didn’t need me, but that’s really up to them in the end. I don’t have a say in the matter so I’ll just be happy to contribute where ever I can.

DL: They won’t need you. Lol

WF: ...

DL: ...

DL: Thanks, Willy

WF: thank you

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Task 1:

For the player who is currently eliminated I pick my own player to add on to a playoff roster. I’d slide him onto the third line to replace the center on the whalers. The biggest difference would probably be his ability to be stronger in the faceoff circle. Although Aizawa was definitely not dominant on the knights first line this past season, he would definitely could be incredibly effective on a third line. Also having a shoot first center can be very difficult for GM’s because usually you want your puck facilitator to be in the middle of the attack instead of on the wing. Points wise he would probably look the same as he was in Kelowna’s playoff averaging about half a point per game. He would also have a shot to play on Vancouver’s penalty kill with his strong defensive skills that allows him to be effective in all three zones of the ice instead of just the offensive zones.

Task 2:

To distinguish myself this offseason I am going to continually wor on my facilitating the puck. With rosters being so filled at the SHL level the chances of playing at the pro level as a pure rookie are very slim. This means that Aizawa will probably have at least one more season in juniors. As a junior player Aizawa has vowed to be pass first to facilitate the puck to his teammates. When he is in pro camp and working on becoming a pro, he will switch his focus to shooting. Passing is the weakest part of his game but as a juniors player he wants to showcase that he can pass and get assists not just score goals.

Task 4:

Vancouver demonstrated in game two what has been known about them all season. They are the best team in all of the SMJHL. Coming off a close game one where they only put up a two-goal lead at the end of the game, tonight they came out to send a message. They showed that they did not want to come back for a five and want to put Saint Louis away in four. Starting off strong, Vancouver never wanted to relinquish the lead as they won handedly seven to one. They game started off with a bang as Vancouver started out with a dominant five to nothing lead in the first period. The Pepsi turning point of the game is the third goal they were able to score in the first period at the 8:41 mark. The penalty lead to a Saint Louis penalty where Vancouver was able to convert for their fourth goal of the period. This game may be the turning point of the series and they may walk away with the Cup.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Quote:Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into an existing playoff lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look?

Scott Niedermayer Jr of the eliminated Kelowna Knights feels like a perfect fit to jump on board the Vancouver Whalers Roster as it stands right now though the playoffs. Having a super strong Rookie season, he led the rookies in scoring going into the playoffs by a large margin, and also placed fourth in all defensemen scoring for the year. Jumping onto a Whalers roster may be difficult for him, but teaming up with another outstanding rookie in Barret McCarthy on the third line would make an effective, if not deadly, duo to compete with for any team on a third line. He could easily lead the league in goals, assists, and overall points with a roster as deadly and offensively powered as the Whalers, not to mention his ability to break-up plays defensively and block shots (third in the regular season for total blocked) his skillset would easily put Vancouver in a place to sweep the finals much more easily.

Quote:Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.

I think for myself, Barret McCarthy, the stats speak for themselves. Second best plus minus in the league this year, putting up nearly twenty minutes a game as a rookie, playing on both the third and fourth line defensive parings, as well as getting some time on both the power play and penalty kill units. Also, distinguishing myself in he playoffs, and especially the firs two games of the finals so far, I bring a solid defensive player onto any team willing to draft me, and plan to remain both active and being a fun media campaign shortly after my rookie season is complete. I've also kept up to date on as many TPE claims as I can to stay as far ahead as I can as the season progresses and comes soon to a close.

Quote:Task #3 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) OR create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Q: Interviewer - We're here with Barret McCarthy, Rookie Defenseman for the Vancouver Whalers. Barret how's the feeling in the locker room as we are about to start game three of the finals?

Barret: The morale is great, thanks for asking. The first game was a tight one and I was lucky to put one past their net minder late in the game to seal the deal, and then game two we built off that rush from game one and just came out shooting. Tonight we want to continue that pace, but we're in their house now and it's important to quiet that loud fan base down and get one early, show them that we cane to play and that, in the end, the cup belongs to us.

Q: Interviewer - Walk us through what you saw for that late game one goal for us?

Barret: Sure, that third period the scarecrows had their backs against the wall and a three nothing lead in a game like hockey is never quite enough. After we went through a barrage and unfortunately let them slip within one goal, Leitner made a big late save and we were able to move is back down ice quickly. We had a few shots that either went wide or got blocked, and off one of those I had a great look and just wristed as hard as I could, I didn't really even aim as much as I should have, it was really just instinct and luckily it went in and sealed the deal for us.

Q: Interviewer - Good luck tonight.

Barret: Thanks nameless interviewer man, appreciate it.

Quote:Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.

Game one of the finals between the Vancouver Whalers and the ST. Louis Scarecrows was a scorcher of a game on the ice. Early on the two sides traded blows and for some time, Vancouver seemed to reign supreme, gaining a quick three goal edge over their finals opponent and going into the third period, things looked bleak for the visiting team. However, the Scarecrows realized it was time to play, and not long after, we had a game. Two goals in the third and the Whalers were starting to feel the heat on them as they dreaded losing their three goal lead so late in the game. However, the turning point of the game came with just over three minutes left in the third, the Scarecrows Rowdy Smithers fired a rocket towards Leitner who was able to make an amazing save, gathered up and passed off the the Whalers forwards, allowing them to quickly move back down ice and put one in the back of the net with under a minute to go, sealing the deal and the Game one win for the Vancouver Whalers

Quote:Task #5 - Create a playoff poster for your team advertising a specific game or a series. (If your team didn't make playoffs, create a rivalry night style poster for a regular season game.)

No

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 03:41 AM by Mac.)

Task 1

(175 Words)
I would pick myself, Dean Colt the Third, to take over for Jax Aiitokallio. I would replace them if only to see how Colt would function as part of a deeper team, with more talent around him. This is not a knock on Anchorage, but merely a test to see if he could benefit from having players with more experience on his wings to pass to him, and see if he could increase his dismal numbers of two goals and eight assists during the regular season.

Known as a sniper, first and foremost, a total of two goals is not only embarassing but not a true reflection of his talent or ability, perhaps as a second line, or perhaps first line player, he would benefit from an increased focus on offense, instead of a more two way approach.

Thats not to say that it would increase, or put the team over the hump, but would be interesting to see if a player whom isn't as talented could function in the role with a different build.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Task 2
Task #2 With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.

(205 Words)
It would be fairly easy to distinguish myself, as most of the site knows who I am, and that I suppose is unfortunate given my past reputation here, however over the last two seasons, I have been a member of the Anchorage Armada, and I believe have shown a positive LR presense within the organization.

While not being as active as I am known for, I have been online nearly daily, dropping in to say hi or sharing a laugh with my teammates, all of whom I believe would speak to the positive if questioned about my intent and behavior, with the GMs, ML002 and Spooky, among the top, as well as members Artermis and Obsidian, who I know have done so with their own teammates on their respective SHL teams.

I don't believe I would be a top tier pick, and am hugely unlikely to be a first round draft choice, given my activity currently as well as my past history, however I believe there are GMs within the league, a handful of which I have already spoken to and while it may not set me apart, I believe it should do some good in restoring a positive reputation around the site and Discord.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Task 3

(368 Words)
Interview Hello Dean, Can we get your opinions on your season in Anchorage? With an early playoff chance elimination, your GM dealt two of your players, Aiitokalio as well as McLovin to another team and brought in some draft pick assets for the furure, which lead to severely depleting the teams offense, but helping to ensure future contention.

Well, first of all, around 25 games in, and having a rather rough patch of games without successive wins, but plenty of successive losses, the GMs decided to cut their losses and see what they would be able to get for some star players who would likely be exiting the league next season and being called up to the SHL. This lead to more ice time for myself and unfortunately with me and my peers, we simply could not hold down the fort, we were too young and inexperienced and with that, came plenty more losses and very little being added to personal stats, myself having only scored a total of eight points throughout the entire season, being a minus player and unfortunately not being above 50% at the dot, though I edged close at the end of the season, I could not overcome more talented and experienced players who had seasons worth of exposure to these situations.

Howver, I plan on training and becoming a better junior player and prospect for an SHL organization in the future. There is plenty of work left to do and with my increase in skill and development, I believe I will be an integral part of this organzaition over the next two or three seasons, increasing my defense, puck handling, skating and especially my passing skills which are very poor at the moment, as I have always been a shoot first player, however I am shown this season that I need to practice more with that as well.

I believe with more ice time and as we grown together, our team will see success, and more wins, however we have holes to fill with plenty of players exiting and moving on to the big leagues. I hope to be one of the players to fill the needs of the team as time goes on.
Task 4

(150 Words)
The unsung hero of the playoffs, is quite clearly Shaquille Derisraka, whom managed throughout twelve games in the playoffs to hold a very dominant sixty percent in the faceoff circle, time and again I have been an advocate for faceoff dominance and this is no different, whether or the powerplay or during the penalty kill and even at even strength, it is essential to gain and keep possession of the puck.

Shaquille Derisraka managed to only get one assist throughout the entirety of their playoff run, however I believe their seven out of ten wins in the final game was integral to the success of the team, especially as a rookie, whom you do not expect to put much into the machine, however their percentage was more dominant than either Martin, who won 13/23 and tired with Russo, who was at 60% themselves, however much more experienced. Great job!
Task 5
((I know its shitty, so I dont expect full value))
[Image: ZdzogVp.png]

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I would take Kristof Kovacs from the Halifax Raiders and insert them into the 3rd line for the Vancouver Whalers. I would replace Shaquille Derisraka aka my own player though so all of my team can win the cup regardless. Thus Soren Kierkegaard will be moved down to the fourth line to even further the depth of the Whalers especially the center depth. My player only got 1 assist during the entire playoffs and his only contributing factor for the St Louis Scarecrows series was his 60% faceoffs. Kovacs was one of the premier centers in the league and would surely do better than Shaq. His playoff stats would probably look something like 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points, with a solid faceoffs and +/-. The reason why I place him on the 3rd line instead of somewhere higher like the 1st and 2nd line is that the the Whalers were the leading team in the league during the regular season. Why would you change something that works?

In order to interest the SHL GMs currently scouting for their next big player in the upcoming draft, there's a variety of things I should be doing to draw attention to myself. One of the easier ones is do another article and get back on the map in terms of visibility on the site. Another option similar to that would be going directly to the SHL GMs and introducing myself. I know for a fact most GMs enjoy being reached out to by a junior player because that shows that the player wants to be on their team. The most obvious factor would be of course to stay the course in terms of TPE. I'm one of the top TPE earners in my class and when the last incoming update comes for TPE; that will definitely be noticed by GMs. TPE isn't everything and you can easily burn out, however it's a pretty good indicator on where your player might be down the line.

(During 4 Star Cup Finals Game 1)
Reporter: Shaq, this is your first season in the junior league and right away your first finals appearance. How do you feel about the Whaler's playoff hopes against the Scarecrows?

Derisraka: I feel real good about our chances, we have a fantastic team, we dominated the regular season and we grabbed a massive trade acquisition as well which really bolstered our chances of winning a cup here for Vancouver. I talked to some other Vancouver Whalers alumni throughout history, my mentor Patrikov Bure was in a similar situation myself in his first season in the juniors. He didn't win but he gave me some encouragement and said he's sure this team could win so I'll trust him on that.

As for myself, I'm not nervous, I'm excited, I'm raring to go and play my hardest hockey against the Scarecrows. This game is gonna be BARBECUE CHICKEN.

Game Recap: 4 Star Cup Finals; St Louis Scarecrows @ Vancouver Whalers. Series is set 0-0, Game 1
Final Score: 4-2 Vancouver Whalers

Game 1 in the 4 Star Cup Finals was a hard fought battle especially for the St Louis Scarecrows who fell down early just 3 minutes into the period. Noah Nowes of the Whalers scored a deflection goal from Shaquille Derisraka and drew first blood. The Vancouver Whalers dominated the period with a total of 17 shots in the first period and their continued aggression scored them another goal by David Kastrba from Jack Kennedy.

In the 2nd period, the St Louis Scarecrows made a fatal mistake with Calculon taking a hooking penalty mid-way through. The Whalers did not hesitate as Luke Thompson scored a power-play goal to score giving the Whalers a 3-0 lead.

The 3rd period had a furious comeback from the St Louis Scarecrows trying to make it a game as they even'd the 3rd period shots to 15-13 in favor of the Crows. In particular this was due to the fault of multiple bad penalties in the 3rd period leading to 2 PP goals by Williams and Taylor. That's all the Scarecrows could muster as the Whalers scored one more from McCarty to end the game 4-2

[Image: 8MtFo6Z.png?1]

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 06:40 PM by tweedledunn. Edit Reason: big ol' borks )

Task 1:
I will go ahead and pick my player, defender Ray Bork from the Halifax Raiders to magically replace Vancouver Whaler defender (and fellow S44 draftee) Tauras Karazija. That would slot Bork in on the Whalers second defensive line, which would be a step up from the third pairing Bork was on for the Raiders. Through 10 games played versus the St. Louis Scarecrows Karazija only had 4 points and with 27 minutes of power play time somehow managed to put up a grand total of zero points. 27 minutes with Bork slotted in that situation, I believe he’d perform better. I would guess 15 points, with 5 of those rocked on the power play. There is a chance both will be drafted to the Pride soon maybe together, with their powers combined, they can form the most powerful defensive duo the likes of which the world (wide web) has never seen.

Task 2:
With the spooky October draft looming in the autumn shadows I am hoping to distinguish myself to Grapehead specifically by doing his evil bidding. I began the offseason chatting with Grapehead aka Mr. Bone Boo Broomstick Jr (as he likes to be called) in the San Francisco Discord to spawn him many Pokemon via Pokecord then letting him catch them all to add to his gory collection. I respond to all of his hair-raising direct messages within five eerie minutes for fear of ghoulish repercussions, best keep the dark lord happy. Yesterday he demands I carve fifteen jack-o’-lanterns and mail them to him all the way to some morbid island in Canada, so I’m currently working on that. I hope he drafts me, also send help.

Task 3:
[Image: 4TeRrwo.png]

Task 4:
Game 51: St. Louis Scarecrows vs Vancouver Whalers Three Stars!

First Star- Geoff Moore (Vancouver Whalers)
Geoff Moore earns the first star for his stellar Four Star Cup winning night. In just over 22 big minutes he was good for two assists in the first period, one of which becoming the game winner off Third Star Eriks Skalbergs’ stick.

Second Star- Nicholas Williams (St. Louis Scarecrows)
Despite ending up on the loser’s side and cupless this series, Nicholas Williams gets the nod for second star. Williams contributed to both of the Whalers’ points socring a goal and connecting with another for the assist in a little under 18 minutes, a couple of those on the penalty kill. Still managing to stay +1 on the night.

Three Stars- Eriks Skalbergs (Vancouver Whalers)
With what ended up being the Four Star Cup winning goal, Eriks Skalbergs snags the final star of the game. With 20 minutes of ice time and 5 shots on goal – one of those finding it’s way past the keeper and got an assist.

Task 5:
[Image: YddmoGP.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 12:14 AM by DollarAndADream.)

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

Mikael Choybuk will slot into the Vancouver Whalers lineup on the top line to take over Herb Robert's spot on the left wing. Why should he replace Herb? Well, Choybuk more or less had sort of a dog shit SMJHL rookie season. Throughout his career before the SMJHL, he was known for having a lethal shot, I putting him onto Vancouver on the top line would give him a ton of confidence and a lot of talent to play with. He knows he did not play well in the regular season and did not make the playoffs, so that playoff push would put his game to another level. Mikael would definitely be at least a point per game, with mostly goals. Vancouver's top line did not perform at any crazy pace, but they were mostly point per game, and I believe with Choybuk and his 80SK with a good shot, he would excel on that line from the get-go.

Mikael Choybuk has been hard in the practice facilities every since the regular season ended. Unfortunately for Choybuk, he did not get the chance to perform in the post-season on Halifax, so he has been working extra hard, immediately after starting the off-season. His shot will be more lethal than ever, and he has been going hard in the paint to make sure SHL teams notice him, and he is ready to step it up for S44. Coming from the Dollar and a Dream player agency, SHL GM's should know that there is a certain skill set to be expected when drafting from such a player base. DaaD Agency has brought forward Hall of Famers to sim leagues, a ton of work ethic, and great leadership, so drafting him to your SHL team would probably do some good. Mikael Choybuk will always be a vocal piece in any locker room as well.

Interviewer: What are your thoughts on the season that the Halifax Raiders had?
MC: It is probably obvious that I am disappointed. All I ever want to do is score goals and win cups, so this season I did not get to try and do that on the ultimate stage. The post-season is what all players dream of being in, so it makes me sad. We just barely missed the playoffs over in Halifax, and I think we had some great guys on our squad that were ready to make a push and show teams that we are better than our record shows. We needed to be better this season, especially defensively. It's on the team as why we did not make the playoffs, and we are all ready to go for it again next season.

Interviewer: What kind of push do you expect next season?
MC: I can see us competing, that's for sure. There are a bunch of us in Halifax who were rookies, and sort of top name rookies that will be looking for a chance to prove ourselves in S44. I am very much one of those players, and I am hoping to improve my point production largely next season.

Final Game of the Playoffs: St. Louis Scarecrows vs Vancouver Whalers
In the 1st Period of this deciding game, Vancouver made their presence known big time. Just 2:44 into the game, Jack Kennedy scored his 3rd of the post-season to put the Whalers up 1-0 early. Soon after that, Tokek Takshak scored the 2-0 goal, under 5 minutes into the game while on the power play. Only a minute later however, Nicholas Williams scored his 7th of the playoffs to bring the Scarecrows within 1, but Vancouver did not let up. With under 5 minutes left in only the 1st Period, Eriks Skalbergs brought the game to 3-1 Vancouver, and that set the tone for the rest of the game. Aleister Cain let in 3 goals on 13 shots, and the Scarecrows did not recover. Late in the 2nd Period, Barret McCarthy scored another goal for Vancouver while on another PP, bringing the game to 4-1, which is a nice commanding lead heading into the final frame. St. Louis did push back though, and did not go down swinging. Early in the 3rd Period, Steven Moyer brought the game to 4-2, which made things interesting. Scarecrows actually outshot Vancouver 14-8 in the 3rd, but Johannes Leitner ultimately shut the door with 31 saves on 33 shots, which sealed the cup for the Vancouver Whalers.

[Image: vxZzLRJ.png]

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 06:57 AM by ontanis.)

Code:
Task #1 - Pick a player from an eliminated team and slot them into an existing playoff lineup. Who do they replace, why, how do their playoff stats look? 

I have to say that i would replace one of the bigger busts in recent SMJHL history - Antonio Calculon of the St. Louis Scarecrows. Mind you, he was picked up with the 8th pick of S43 SMJHL Entry Draft. It was a reach, really. But anyway. He was a non-factor in the regular season and the playoffs. I would replace him with the 12th pick of the S43 SMJHL Entry Draft - Poopity Scoop of the Detroit Falcons. Mr. Scoop could be a really serviceable 3rd liner on a good St. Louis team, taking some of the weight the other guys have to carry, when playing with Antonio Calculon. I believe Poopity Scoop could have at least 5 goals and 10 assists on an offensively minded St. Louis team. I believe he would be a good option for PP and PK teams. Who knows, maybe with this player the St. Louis could give a good whooping to the Whalers team.

Code:
Task #2 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or in the beginning of your offseason.

I can’t say that i will try my best to impress every SHL GM. It’s not a circus, nor a zoo. I don’t have to try and impress anyone, that’s not why i’m here for. Every GM here is smart enough to see what i bring to the table - an offensive mind and defensive grit. I really need some more experience and i know that. this is why i can distinguish myself by keeping my head down and working really hard to bring success to any team i am a part of. And every team GM can see my contribution - 25 points on a top SMJHL team that won the Four Star Cup. and every GM knows what i can bring - a cool LR attitude, a mean attitude on the ice and just a chill guy outside the league.

Code:
Task #3 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) OR create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 
Must include: Written option - 200 words.

Q. You as a team have had the mantra of 'one game at a time.' It's one thing to say that and it's another thing to actually have it. Talk about your group and how much confidence it has this year and how that helps you in the playoffs. 

Tauras Karazija: I think for us nothing has changed really. What we've tried to do all year long in the regular season and throughout all the playoffs is stay in the moment. Our moment is the game coming up. Today our moment was the practice to get ourselves ready both physically and mentally. Tomorrow morning when we come to the rink, we'll lay out a plan we can focus on and stay in the moment and go on the ice and execute the plan. 

Q. Talk about how important your defense, the mobility you guys have, are helping the offense for their ability to move the puck?

Tauras Karazija: I don't think in today's SMJHL and SHL that you can have a good offensive team if you don't have a good back end. What I mean by that is, D's have to be able to beat the forecheck, they have to be able to make some tape-to-tape passes, they have to be able to jump up in the attack when the opportunity is there. 
For that, you need obviously hockey sense, you need skill. I think our back end right now is the best it's ever been with guys like Geoff Moore, Buck Maverick and i think Barret McCarthy can surprise a lot of people. 

Q. How much do you expect out of the other teams in these playoffs?

Tauras Karazija: Not really concerned about what the other teams are going to do. I'm concerned about our team, our group, how we need to play. I thought the last few games we played well, we played fast. I want us to do that from the get-go this playoffs.

Q. Will you have to step up your game as well?

Tauras Karazija: Every team at this time of the year will step it up, you need to get better as the playoffs move forward. I’m no different. I’m going to focus on that obviously for the playoffs. 

Q. You're at a point where the demands of these series are so gruelling mentally and physically, can you talk about your team's preparedness for the upcoming playoffs?

Tauras Karazija: Well, I think we've done a real good job this year, preparing for the games. Coaches and GMs prepare us for the games and prepare us mentally for the upcoming playoffs. We have our sights on the Four Star Cup, for sure. We are prepared for nothing less. I mean, the guys are in great shape. We’re ready for this. 

Code:
Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 

Game 4, Vancouver Whalers 2 — St. Louis Scarecrows 4

There would be no sweep, as the Scarecrows came into this game with a “all or nothing” mentality and the charge was led by Adam Taylor and Nicholas Williams. They both had 4 points each. Scarecrows quickly went 2 goals up in the first period in front of a roaring home crowd. Carlo Russo and Soren Kierkegaard scored goals to put the Whalers back into to the game, but Nicholas Williams put the Scarecrows ahead to put the game beyond Whalers’ reach.

Another stand out from this game was the St. Louis goaltender - Aleister Cain. He had 27 saves from 29 shots and had a 0.931 save percentage. He is most definitely one of the home crowd heroes as he was a real wall behind creaky Scarecrows defensive lines.

Goals:

1st period
1. St. Louis Scarecrows , Adam Taylor (Nicholas Williams, Gordie Maple)
2. St. Louis Scarecrows , Adam Taylor (Nicholas Williams)

2nd period
3. Vancouver Whalers , Carlo Russo (Tauras Karazija, Buck Maverick)
4. St. Louis Scarecrows , Nicholas Williams (Adam Taylor, Steven Moyer)

3rd period
5. Vancouver Whalers , Soren Kierkegaard (David Kastrba, Jack Kennedy)
6. St. Louis Scarecrows , Nicholas Williams (Adam Taylor)

Code:
Task #5 - Create a playoff poster for your team advertising a specific game or a series. (If your team didn't make playoffs, create a rivalry night style poster for a regular season game.)

[Image: z8CYb71.jpg]

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!