Create Account

Post Four Star Cup Loss Q and A with Steven Moyer
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 09:19 PM by CanadianDuck.)

St. Louis Scarecrows Centre Steven Moyer will be joining us for a fan and media Q and A session later today following the Scarecrows Four Star Cup Finals loss to the Vancouver Whalers. Please leave any and all questions below for him to answer, Thank You.

10-17-2018, 06:04 PMTML99 Wrote: Q: How are you feeling after that fight?

I'm feeling great about the fight, I did everything I could to help my team win, but it just wasn't enough. It helped release some of the pent up anger from the series.

10-17-2018, 06:05 PMSlashACM Wrote: How much did Cain factor into those 4 losses

On a scale of one to too much how much does Leitner toot his own horn

Cain blew it, he got drunk before each game. I'm surprised we even won the one game we did tbh. But seriously, he did his best against a really good team and although he was almost completely outplayed, Cain got us to the finals and deserves alot of credit.

When you're as amazing a goalie as Leitner continues to be, you can get away with the task talk. (Regardless of how annoying it becomes.)

10-17-2018, 06:12 PMAndrewWarren13 Wrote: How hard was it to get the puck past Johannes Leitner?

It was an honor to even get just one passed him. Leitner is the best goalie in the SMJHL, and he proved it in these playoffs. He is an amazing talent with a really bright future, congrats to him.

10-17-2018, 06:42 PMNictox Wrote: While the series left us disappointed, what was your favorite moment of the playoffs?

Game 4 of the finals against Vancouver. My linemates dominated and I got to enjoy the ride. Im going to miss the 3 of us together. Maybe one day we'll get to play together in the SHL.

10-17-2018, 07:11 PMluketd Wrote: Are you happy for Pride teammate Luke Thomason as he lifts the cup up

Absolutely, it sucks to lose, but it's nice to see my future teammate get to raise the Cup. Congrats to him and the entire Vancouver Whalers team on an amazing championship run.

10-17-2018, 08:26 PMInf1d3l Wrote: Which rookie during the playoffs that you faced made the biggest impact for their team?

Did the way game 2 of the finals ended effect morale in the locker room?

What one thing do you believe your team would need to improve on most going i to thks offseason?

I'm going to pick a play from Detroit, because Vancouver has enough praises at the moment. Poopity Scoop had an amazing playoffs for a defenseman, the Falcons have an amazing superstar on their hands with that kid, no doubt.

Game 2 was a huge blow and while it pissed us off, it also fueled us to a Game 4 victory. We all knew we weren't to going to allow Vancouver to have another blowout and sweep us without a fight, and it worked.

Defense, the defense on this team was our biggest downfall. It's not a knock on our guys, but the lack of experience on defense was the biggest obstacle for us.

10-17-2018, 08:49 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: I'd just like to note that yamaguchi punched first

do you expect STL to make another cup run next season?

how was your day?

which pbp was your favourite?

I am confident that St. Louis can make another run. Last year we missed the playoffs because of a tiebreaker and we made it this far one year later, I fully believe we can do this again.

My day was fine... until the final buzzer of course.

They were all enjoyable, I hate to be the guy to not give an answer, but I can't pick a favorite. They were all good.

Any last statement you would like to make?
I would like to thank @JKortesi81 for helping me in my first days and offering me a spot with the Scarecrows, this place is amazing and I am forever grateful to him and wish him the best in his future.

I don't currently know which of my teammates are moving up to their SHL teams and which are staying down here. I do know I'll be back for at least one more year and I want to help win the Four Star Cup for this team. I want to wish those who do move up all the best next year. 

The World Junior Tournament is coming up and I look forward to representing Canada after missing out last year, we may not have the best team, but we are all going to give it our all for our Country.

And finally, I want to dedicate this past season to both my nephew and sister who I unfortunately lost in the last few weeks. My nephew was only here for about 40 minutes, and as bad as it hurts me, my brother holding his son as he gave his final breath is something just so unimaginable. My sister who was only 32, was born with Spina bifida, and lived longer than many doctors said she would. I played my heart out for both of them, and while it didn't result in glory, I know they are both proud of the way I played, and if I'm able to win anything in my career, it will be for them. 

Thanks for all the questions everyone!

Q: How are you feeling after that fight?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 07:04 PM by SlashACM.)

How much did Cain factor into those 4 losses

On a scale of one to too much how much does Leitner toot his own horn

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

How hard was it to get the puck past Johannes Leitner?

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

While the series left us disappointed, what was your favorite moment of the playoffs?

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Are you happy for Pride teammate Luke Thomason as he lifts the cup up

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Which rookie during the playoffs that you faced made the biggest impact for their team?

Did the way game 2 of the finals ended effect morale in the locker room?

What one thing do you believe your team would need to improve on most going i to thks offseason?

I'd just like to note that yamaguchi punched first

do you expect STL to make another cup run next season?

how was your day?

which pbp was your favourite?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e