Create Account

S44 Earlybird PT: Little Known Facts

Pre-draft interviews are all the same. How have you been preparing for the draft? What teams are you interested in? What are your strengths and weaknesses? We don't care about any of that. We want the dirt, the little known facts.

Task:
Tell us 5 facts about your player -- anything you want that isn't something we could learn in a generic interview.

Gain:
2 TPE for doing the thing

Only S44 SMJHL Rookies (S45 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this task. DO NOT CLAIM THIS TPE UNTIL A POST IS MADE IN THE CLAIMS THREAD.

Deadline:
the start of the S44 SMJHL draft

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Dominic Montgomery

1. Dom's favorite current SHL player is Mia Landvik, because one of his moms (Karin) is from Boston and when he was just old enough to start comprehending hockey, Mia Landvik won a Challenge Cup in her first season in S30 and again in S31, so he has always idolized her.

2. His first celebrity crush was Jim Halpert from The Office (U.S.), as well as Pam Beesly. He's very basic.

3. His first time getting drunk was illegally on his moms' pontoon boat on Lake St. Clair in Michigan. He got a very bad sunburn that day.

4. Dom's favorite color is purple.

5. He's afraid of cats but still kind of wants one even though his parents have two dogs.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Leopold Lockhart

1) Leo's first pet was a hamster named Dinky. When Dinky died, Leo made his parents host a hamster funeral in the back yard.

2) Leo is the youngest of 3 siblings. His sister London is 4 years older and works as a pastry chef and his brother Lukas is 2 years older and is in college in Boston.

3) Leo's favorite candy is chocolate covered almonds.

4) Leo's favorite color is navy blue.

5) When Leo was little, he wanted to be an astronaut.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

1. I plan on playing 20+ seasons with Brock

2. I have no real goals other than creating a hard to play against player

3. I have spoken with 2 SHL GM's and 1 scout

4. My player is 6'8 260lbs with Defence, Strength and Passing as my strengths. Take a guess at what I envision

5. I was a 6th round pick during the S42 SMJHL draft

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

10-17-2018, 11:04 PMNUCK Wrote: 1. I plan on playing 20+ seasons with Brock

4. My player is 6'8 260lbs with Defence, Strength and Passing as my strengths. Take a guess at what I envision

Im 99% sure this PT is not for you

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

10-17-2018, 11:06 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
10-17-2018, 11:04 PMNUCK Wrote: 1. I plan on playing 20+ seasons with Brock

Im 99% sure this PT is not for you

shhhhh I want to get redrafted into the SMJHL.....

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Konstantin Voloshin

1. Konstantin grew up very, very poor in Dnipro, Ukraine.

2. His favorite style of music is Hardbass.

3. He has lost 8 teeth already playing hockey. One of his first purchases with an SMJHL contract will be caps.

4. He would often play games at varying levels of drunk.

5. He has never been on a date and is looking forward to his first date in his SMJHL home city.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Hiro Fujikawa

1. Some GM's may not know who I am originally, but that's okay. I've been on the site for as far as they eye can see. I first joined the SHL in Season 2.. Long time ago :D

2. My best player on the site was Magnus Jakobsen. I went so hard with him and was growing at an alarming rate. It used to be myself and Anriaknen (always mess up that name still) running off with the TPE and going head to head. He found himself in the HoF and I had so much fun with him as a player.

3. I wish to create another player like that. I want him to be a dynamic, talented scorer who represents Japan extremely well and honourably.

4. I will never return to my quite self on here. I used to be active, blab like crazy on here and talk with so many people. You will find me confined within the small portions of the forum and the LR. That's where it matter anyway. haha

5. I'm happy to go to any team. So many new members have come, some gone since my extremely active days. Members shifted, teams shifted and I'm so out of form. Hamilton Steelhawks will always hold a special place for me, as will Toronto - but I'm 100% open and willing to play with anyone, anywhere. Same thing applies for the SMJHL - though, Montreal is #1 with the rest being #2. They were the only ones to go for me when it was my signing time!

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 12:28 AM by StamkosFan.)

Just realized I'm not eligible lmao well I can't delete so I'll just leave this here

1) Ola Wagstrom took violin lessons for two years in middle school. He likes to listen to calm music to this day, mainly classical, it helps him to focus.

2) Ola Wagstrom's favorite food is spaghetti; he loves Italian food and marinara sauce particularly is delicious to him. Whole wheat pasta or bow ties are his favorite types of pasta!

3) Outside the arena, Ola Wagstrom loves to sport Converse shoes; he has 5 pair at home. He loves having an array of colors, and currently can select from red, navy, light blue, black, and gray to match his wardrobe.

4) Ola Wagstrom's first car was a used silver Ford Prius, which he kept for three years before trading it in for his current, new red Nissan Altima.

5) Ola Wagstrom's favorite cardio exercise is the StairMaster; he loves how it builds up endurance and the burn in his thighs. It's the exercise that's guaranteed to cause him to break a sweat and get winded.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Nolan Sawchuk
1. He is a big fan of Edmonton Blizzard fan Oisin Fletcher and wants to model his game after him.

2. His parents moved to Iceland 3 months before he was born. They are both originally from London, Ontario.

3. He grew up playing soccer as well as hockey and might even be better at it.

4. Nolan has a dog named Oscar that he got as a gift from his parents when he moved to North America to play in the SMJHL. They hoped he wouldn't be as homesick if he had a friend with him.

5. He has no relation to the legendary goalie Terry Sawchuk, and is starting to hate answering that question. He might punch a reporter soon if they ask one more time.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Arsène Arsenich

1. Born to French and Russian parents while on vacation in Latvia
2. Favourite music - many kinds of metal.
3. Loves to drink vodka Arsenich, for that he's seen as weird by his teammates.
4. Prefers to live in the countryside.
5. Loves playing Heroes of Might and Magic III

William Goose

1. William was born in England, at the age of five his parents moved to Canada, Vancover.

2. He started training hockey at the age of eight, but this intensified to occupy most at his time at the age of 15.

3. Favorite food is bolognese, Italian food is closest to heart.

4. Mostly spends his free time reading and listening to history books on the Ancient world.

5. He is single, but he is open to meeting a woman and setting roots with children in the near future.

[Image: Polan.gif]

* * 5 Facts about Gareth Rush you didn't already know * *

Gareth Rush is a cat person and has a pair of felines, (named "Lucky" and "Millie"), back in Dublin. He absolutely despises dogs. When asked why he prefers cats to dogs, Gareth says, "Cats are simple; empty the box and fill the bowl. I refuse to walk an inferior being and pick up it's shit with my hands. I'm embarrassed when I see people following behind their dogs, carrying their little bags of dog turds. Makes you wonder who's really on the leash".

Gareth doesn't play video games and has no idea what Fortnight is. "Grown men are as equally obsessed with this game as children," says Gareth. "A lot of my teammates play. I've looked over their shoulders and I honestly don't get it. If you're going to play games, lace up the skates and lets play."

His favorite movie is "The Town"; although, Gareth says it's a "bad movie". "I'm obsessed with the movie for a lot of reasons. I love the city of Boston, for one, and the movie is laced with Irish innuendo. But perhaps I love it the most is because Blake Lively plays a hot, little piece of white trash. Yes, I said it."

Gareth cannot stand it when hairstylists try to small talk and cashiers comments on the items he's purchasing at the market. "Only hockey players can do their jobs effectively while running their mouths on the job", says Gareth. "And why the fook do hairstylists always break the ice by asking how the weekend was or if we have any plans for the weekend?"

Gareth once scored three goals in a semi-final game while playing with the flu. "I remember that game vividly because I shit my pants halfway through the first quarter", he says. "I damn-near missed half of the second quarter while sitting on the toilet and trying to get it all out." When asked if he's embarassed by the incident: "Hell no", he said. "I come from a long line of pants-shitters. My father was a pants-shitter. His father and his father's father were also pants-shitters."

1. Kocsis is a huge fan of Indie Folk music.

2. Despite being from Hungary, thanks to his time in the Swedish Hockey League, Kocsis is able to speak Hungarian and Swedish fluently, and some Finnish and English.

3. Kocsis doesn't really know what the concept of Canada is, except for Toronto.

4. His favorite player when growing up was Chris Crutchfield.

5. His nickname while at HV71 was "Kathy". Both team players and management refuse to comment on why.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Alexander Selich

1. Alex is allergic to almost every animal that has fur except Hamsters.

2. He also has an American Citizenship from staying with his brother in Buffalo and going through youth hockey there.

3. He had a tumor in his brain which resulted in his abnormal height compared to his family members who aren't even 6 feel tall.

4. He played Goalie for a while but ultimately decided to switch to forward once he was 11.

5. He once speared his older brother Eduard in the groin area with his stick which resulted in Eduard having to go to the ER for treatment.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)