Create Account

Leading up to the draft

Firstly, congratulations to the Vancouver Whalers on their championship this season! I remember the extreme amount of fun I used to have being a part of the Whaler organization - on multiple players, and found it always a great place to play. Now, moving forward with Hiro Fujikawa, we've officially hit the off-season and that means one thing. It's time to see what the young player truly has. It's one thing to log on, do an activity check and make a bank transaction, quickly update and then leave the site with minimal stuff happening throughout the week. Now we're mixing PT's into the race of earning TPE so I'd say the GM's of the SHL will have their eyes on the players a little more this season. At this point, Hiro has done everything in his power to get the attention of every manager in the league. He's writing, he's earning money in the bank, he's trying and he's being an active member to the Montreal management and teammates. I think if there's going to be a strong wildcard in this upcoming draft for this years SMJHL and next seasons SHL drafts and his name will be Hiro Fujikawa.

With the season coming to an end and the draft quickly approaching, Hiro Fujikawa is going to release his end of season statement, as well as provide some answers to the special interviewers questions.

End of Season STATEMENT
It was an enjoyable experience retiring Elias Lindstrom and coming back like I did. Obviously, being so fresh off the boat in terms of career longevity, the season didn't go as offensively as anyone would have hoped, but these are going to be hurdles in my career. I would have loved to have nailed points, but at this point, I don't expect it. Obviously coming into this season I'm expecting better things, but this one - that's okay. I'm grateful to Montreal for picking me up and all my teammates over the last few weeks. Awesome group of people there! Look forward to my future here in the SHL/SMJHL.

Interview What can GM's really expect from you? It's almost draft time, don't just speak to the SMJHL ones. That's where you're going but it's not your final destination. What can the SHL as an entire expect from Hiro Fujikawa?
Speaking to everyone, all GM's included throughout the league, skill wise you can expect a lot of things. I want to be that dependable players that you want to keep on your 1st line. I want to be that player, when you see is still available come draft time, you want to take him because you know you'll be happy you took the chance. I have created a great player on here once before. One that was highest ranked on the top 100 and one of the fastest growers (just like my last, Elias Lindstrom - despite a shorter career). With Fujikawa, you're going to get the complete package. Quick TPE earning, active, loyal and is looking to be a dominant scorer. I'm going to get a scoring championship or two once I make my way to the SHL - hopefully you don't miss out on that!

Interview Fair answer. With that being said, with SMJHL teams named first and SHL second, for both drafts - which teams are you potentially wanting to call home?
Generic, same old boring you hear a lot of the time. I really don't care. Of course I have my ties to teams that will always have a special place for me, but they're significantly more special only because I haven't tried other players. Past is past. The league has changed, teams have changed and years and time often change people too (sometimes). I'm excited to go anywhere, play with anyone. My goal is to win and to win with great people. Hopefully I can be a part of lots of that - I need me my cups.

Interview What kind of player are you hoping to be? We've talked skill, now talk personality and presence wise.
Could have looped that into the skill part. I mean, you already basically got the answer but for the sake of it. I want to be loyal if loyalty is shown back. I'm fine with being part of a rebuild if it means growing with a great group and trying to win a cup with a good core. I've played that role before and watched it turn out so successfully. It was fucking sweet to be a part of. Even when Seattle couldn't make it, couldn't make, couldn't make it and unfortunately in Lindstorm's last season prior to retirement, we made the playoffs. Really made me regret just giving up on him because I wanted to recreate. It is what it is and that regret won't be made twice with Fujikawa!

Three is enough for right now. Essentially, I'm extremely excited to be a part of the upcoming SMJHL draft. I'm excited to see where I'm playing, whether it's Montreal or somewhere else. Feel free to message me SMJHL with any questions or such! Thanks Smile

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Best of luck, my man!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!