Create Account

St. Louis Hall of Shame

Today we're going to have a look at all the jerseys currently retired by the SMJHL franchise, the St. Louis Scarecrows. We will not be focusing on the validity of jerseys retired prior to the creation/relocation to St. Louis (in S13) meaning players like (Michael Haan, Kanye Summers and Benoit Fortescue) are all safe. Now what I mean by worthy of being in the STL HOF, is players that have performed strictly on the ice. None of the "oh I was a GM for x and y" or "I was a great LR guy" or "but da team alumni voted me in" nah that shit doesn't fly here. Your player deserves to be in the STL HOF if you had an incredible season/seasons there over a short period of time or a solid 4/5 year stint in the SMJHL. I will be using the bojo box/machine thingy and the season indexes for this. The reasoning behind using the indexes will be for players who aren't currently in the STL HOF and who in my opinion should be, but the Bojo box is missing all regular season stats for S39 SMJHL players so there's that. Before we begin let's have a look at what the current St. Louis Scarecrows Hall of Fame looks like.

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

Jakub Aittokallio
[Image: ymxJl0Y.png?1]

Our first player to look at is Jakub Aittokallio. This man has literally zero stats on the Bojo machine, 0's all across the board so that was pretty much no help and I'm guessing that data doesn't exist there or isn't worth it to input. So now to crawl through the SHL indexes. However I can see on the Bojo box that he played in Edmonton from S14 onwards and knowing that STL existed in S13, he must've played just a single season under the franchise in the juniors. Alright so the indexes for S13/S12 are dead links on the forums so I'm guessing this has been lost to time but luckily JayWhy told me he played for a single season in STL and the numbers are in his drop down so a big shout out to him! Aittokallio played 40 games for St. Louis, winning just 14 of them in the net with 3 of the 21 losses being in overtime, a SV% of .896, GAA of 3.26, 1 shutout and a SA of 1201. Aittokallio had a decent season in St. Louis before having a successful career in the SHL and I believe that his jersey was retired because of his SHL career, not his SMJHL one and for that reason I'm going to call this jersey retirement into disrepute, the #29 jersey should not be retired.

Marian Potoczny
[Image: 8c2Ayj0.png?1]

The second jersey to be retired by St. Louis is Marian Potoczny's #13. Again Potoczny played his first season in the SHL in S14 for the Panthers, so we know that he atleast played for St. Louis in S13, this is further confirmed by him being down as "S13 - Marian Potoczny (1st OV)" in the history section archives of the crows. So Potoczny played 1 season with St. Louis, they didn't win a cup, from what I gather he didn't have an amazing season or anything to be noted anywhere so.... should his jersey be retired? Absolutely not, there's no merit to this at all. More than likely he was retired for his 7 seasons in the SHL, similar to above.

Matthew Buchesner
[Image: mD1cWKy.png?1]

Buchesner was drafted 4th overall in the S12 SMJHL Draft by the crows, he would play in the SHL by S14 with a team that looks like the fuckin elephant's from what I can make out. So we know he played a single season with St. Louis. Buchesner had like 12 seasons in the SHL mainly with the Blizzard and seeing how I can't see any stats from S13 SMJHL, I'm guessing he didn't have some incredible season that culminated in a cup. This looks like yet another honor retirement for performances in the SHL, not the SMJHL. #4 should not be retired.

Jarkko Kallestrom
[Image: aBzOdsR.png]

Kallestrom was drafted in the S15 SMJHL Draft with the 3rd overall pick. Kallestrom spent just 1 season with St. Louis before moving onto the SHL with Minnesota, followed by Toronto before a return to the Chiefs to end his SHL career. Kallestrom is the first name on this list with an actual chance of being in the HOF, albeit he's more than likely not deserving to be. Despite his incredibly >PPG season in S15, 46 points in 40 games, 22 goals and 24 assists with a +/- of +16. Longevity is always gonna hamper these guy's and I'm aware that it was common for people to barely spend 1 seasons in the juniors, nevermind spending 2 seasons down. Should Kallestrom's jersey be retired? No. Is he the best candidate so far? Absolutely.

Cameron Urbowicz
[Image: 9PPRpxb.png]

Urbowicz is played three seasons with St. Louis, including being apart of the S20 roster which won their 2nd ever Four Star Cup in franchise history, all of this in his rookie season. Urbowicz's rookie season saw him finish with 14 points in 40 games during his limited time on the ice, a solid rookie season which culminated with a ring. Urbowicz built on his solid rookie campaign in S21, 28 points in 40 games and while it didn't end in a back to back championship for Urbowicz, it did build a strong case for getting his jersey retired for the crows. His third and final season saw him putting up over a PPG with 46 points in 40 games to see out his junior career. Now the tough question, does Urbowicz deserve his jersey retired? At first glance, yes. At second glance, absolutely still a yes. Urbowicz had a solid career with the crows and his jersey being retired is a good shout, after all he had 32 goals, 56 assists and 88 points with 105 hits in 120 games.

Jackson Weekes
[Image: Gr34kvt.png]

Weekes spent 2 seasons in the juniors with St. Louis, when it was all said and done he had 27 wins, 21 losses and 6 overtime losses from 60 games. Allowing 170 goals from 1255 shot attempts puts him at a SV of .864. Weekes spent just 2 seasons in St. Louis as a decent goalie but in the end does not deserve his jersey to be retired at all. #1 should by no means be retired.

Bradley Wingels
[Image: g4VZr14.png]

Bradley Wingels played 1 season in the SMJHL... a common theme we've seen in this hall of fame unfortunately. Although he had a heck of a season, shooting over PPG with 18 goals , 24 assists which culminated with 46 points. A pretty good season but was that alone hall of fame worthy? No, not in a million years. #8 should be free to use for any current and future player, not hanging in the rafters collecting undeserved dust.

Zallerras Szlerchek
[Image: 27pzshZ.jpg]

Szlerchek played 18 seasons in the SHL, had a pretty terrific career too scoring over 700 points in 908 games. He played one season in the SMJHL. S18 he had 21 points in 40 games for his rookie season, a pretty good rookie season with 8 goals and 13 assists. But for fuck sakes he should not be in the HOF for one season with the team, it's not even like he had the greatest rookie season of all time or won them a cup or anything. One season is not longevity, nor is it STL HOF. Just another player that was likely inducted because of a short sighted alumni vote which went further to diluting and trivializing the ring of honor/hall of fame of St. Louis.

Winston Windsor
[Image: g5jOG3s.jpg]

Windsor joined St. Louis just before S23, he spent three whole seasons with the crows. His rookie year he finished with 2 goals and 10 assists, a number that he built on the following year after only starring in 30 games. S24 saw him rack up 7 goals and 31 assists for 38 points. S25 saw an even further improvement with 44 points, 15 goals and 29 assists. Windsor finished his juniors career with 24 goals and 70 assists for 94 total points in 132 games. Does Windsor deserve to be in the St. Louis hall of fame? Probably yes, does he deserve to be just based on the fact everybody else gets because the places are given out like hot cakes, definitely yes. Him and Urbowicz thus far are the only people anyway deserving of a HOF place.

Jed Lloren
[Image: 7zr21J0.jpg]

Alright we move onto our final guy in the hall of fame and what a doozy it is. Lloren played one season for St. Louis... he had 5 goals and 10 assists for 15 points in 40 games. There's not a lot else to say about this one other than I'm assuming it was an alumni vote? Because Lloren being in the STL HOF which is generally based on the merits of his player just further illustrates and emphasizes my point, if people are going to be but in your teams hall of fame because they're a good guy or for da memez haha xD then why bother even having one.

There's 10 guys in the current STL HOF as shown above. This is what the current STL HOF looks like.

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

Versus what it should actually look like.

[Image: brother.png]

Now let's have a look at the players that should already be in the St. Louis Hall of Fame.

Joonas Rasmussen

Rasmussen played for St. Louis from S32- S36 and 5 pretty strong seasons for the crows. His rookie season he had 18 points, his sophomore season he topped that with 32 points before a career high in year 3 with 44. A slight decline followed in his 4th season when he dropped to just 32 points before seeing out his fifth and final season with 31 points. I bet you're saying to yourself "oh that's way too recent to retire him, that was only 7 seasons ago". Well guess what, he's St. Louis's all time franchise scorer with 157 points. How can you not retire him but induct guys who played literally 1 season.....

Friedrich Schmidt

Schmidt played 5 seasons with St. Louis, starred in 187 games, has 99 wins to his name, has a Four Star Cup ring and is St. Louis's most successful goalie in franchise history. To show you Schmidt's dominance, he has 25 more wins than the next best tender in St. Louis history (Jimmy Wagner) who has 74 wins. Schmidt has played in 58 more games than Schmidt and has conceded just 138 more goals than him. That's just over 2.3 goals per game in difference. Schmidt is St. Louis's most successful goaltender of all time and it would be unjust for him to get in, then again are the above players barring Urbo and Windsor really the company you want to be in? Guys with 40 whole games played in your hall of fame...

Eugene Feist

Feist played 5 seasons with St. Louis, a common theme in this list so far. He had 14 points his rookie season which was then followed by 39-40-35-25 point seasons respectively. Feist is St. Louis's joint 2nd highest scorer of all time, just a mere 4 points behind Rasmussen. Feist deserves his spot in the St. Louis Hall of Fame without a doubt, 5 solid seasons in the juniors and while his SHL career wasn't exactly prolific (87 goals in 7 seasons), that shouldn't be held against him nor should that bump anybody else up because of it.

Dermot Lavelle

I said tied 2nd all time in scoring because of my own player recently also reaching 153 points during his 4 season stint in St. Louis. Lavelle played as both a center and winger on both St. Louis's 1st and 2nd line. His rookie season he had 5 goals and 12 assists for 17 points , his 2nd saw him get 47 points, his third season saw a drop to just 36 points before finishing out his SMJHL career with a solid 53 points season, a career high. Lavelle was just 4 points shy of tying St. Louis's all time scorer and just 5 short of becoming it. A historic 4 seasons in which Lavelle lifted the Four Star cup during his time with St. Louis too and was a major apart of that dominant roster which finally stopped the rot.

John Wick

Wick spent 4 seasons with St. Louis before finishing 4th all time in franchise points with 144, consisting of an even split of 72 goals and 72 assists. Wick is not only just the 4th all time franchiser scorer but he also holds the single season record for most points in a season with his 58 point season in S27. He also holds the tied 2nd most goals in a single season for a crow with 28, just 1 shy of tying the record of 29 at first held by Frans Erichsen. Wick definitely deserves a place in the St. Louis Hall of Fame.

I'm going to finish this by saying that the STL HOF should really be looked at and I get that it's "cool" for a team to induct a player. But when they've literally done fuck all from a players standpoint it makes no sense to retire their player, if they've been great as a GM then by all means retire a jersey as a GM but not as a player. Also the idea that people would use an alumni vote for HOF and vote somebody in based on a single season stats is incredibly dumb in my opinion.

Make STL HoF Great Again

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Tldr: Cain sucks

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

ur missing viktor vorkampfer tyvm

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers