Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Offseason Intrigue
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 01:42 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

-S44 SHL Draft
-S44 SMJHL Draft
-IIHF Tournamant
-S43 WJC
-S43 SHL Awards
-SHL Free Agency
-SHL League retirement

Task: The above list are many of the exciting offseason events about to take place over the next few weeks!  In 25 words or more, take out your crystal ball and let us know what will turn out to be the big story/'s to come out of the S43 offseason?

Every participant who fulfills the task requirements will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 members will be chosen as discussion leaders and will receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Deadline: is Sunday, 10 PM EDT
giving everyone a few extra hours to get them last few cappe tpe's of the 43 cap

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 10:17 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

I think this will be the off-season we remember Austria going into Norway and winning there first medal since S33.. among a rediculous group of teams in the group A bracket! a great ending for Coach Izzy and his run as fed head.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

aight bois lets talk about

shl things

we all know that eggy is presumably going 1oa, the question is who goes after. Any thoughts?
(do my scouting for me k thx)

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

10-18-2018, 10:14 PMMike Izzy Wrote: In 25 words or more, take out your crystal ball and let us know what will turn out to be the big story/'s to come out of the S43 offseason?

I think this will be the off-season we remember Austria going into Norway and winning there first medal since S33!.. a great ending for Coach izzy's run as fed head.

excuse me ending what

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 10:20 PM by GoonerBear.)

West Kendall mainstay of 11 seasons and Calgary Dragon of 2 seasons Mikko Linna announced his retirement. That man should be a Hall of Fame inductee. Two-time Challenge Cup champion, S30 Ryan Jesster winner, S37 Jeff Dar winner, two-time gold medalist for Finland, S39 Top Forward in IIHF, consistent regular-season producer throughout his career and key contributor in breaking the Cup drought in Miami. Only seemed right he get a couple on the way out. Get him at least to the discussion table for the Hall.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

10-18-2018, 10:16 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
10-18-2018, 10:14 PMMike Izzy Wrote: In 25 words or more, take out your crystal ball and let us know what will turn out to be the big story/'s to come out of the S43 offseason?

I think this will be the off-season we remember Austria going into Norway and winning there first medal since S33!.. a great ending for Coach izzy's run as fed head.

excuse me ending what

yeah after 7 tremendous seasons as head of Austria, it's time i pass the torch to a couple of home grown austrians who deserve there first chance at coaching. #win4izz43!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-18-2018, 10:20 PMGoonerBear Wrote: West Kendall mainstay of 11 seasons and Calgary Dragon of 2 seasons Mikko Linna announced his retirement. That man should be a Hall of Fame inductee. Two-time Challenge Cup champion, S30 Ryan Jesster winner, S37 Jeff Dar winner, two-time gold medalist for Finland, S39 Top Forward in IIHF, consistent regular-season producer throughout his career and key contributor in breaking the Cup drought in Miami. Only seemed right he get a couple on the way out. Get him at least to the discussion table for the Hall.

*women
and agreed 100%!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Team USA is going to repeat as gold medalists at the WJC this off season. Last season Nictox and SlashACM GM'd their way to a gold medal, not having much of an idea between them. Little does the rest of the IIHF know, team USA has been DOPING and will do anything to keep that gold medal.

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

-IIHF Tournamant
Reports have been coming through that Sulak O'Hritrea of Switzerland may be close to declaring for an IIHF team. Initial reports indicate he had no real intention of playing international hockey for any nation other then his home of Switzerland, many media reports have been coming through that he has a change of heart and likely to contact select heads to transfer in. Early front runners may be Latvia and Germany.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

The S44 SHL entry draft is sure to be exciting, I think the top 5 might be surprising! Also be on the lookout for the USA WJC team to take home the gold for the back to back!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

For the S44 SHL draft it wont be the deepest of the drafts. According to my data, only 30 players are over 200 tpe, and not a ton are updating each week. one thing that is going for the class is the good amount of recreates will be, and will certainly dominate the first round of the draft. Though, people Like StamkosFan have been tearing in the leauge and will mostly be one of the rare 1st gens going in the 1st round. with Winnipeg Jets trading up, they most likely have a guy in mind. With EDM having 2 early 1st round picks, they will most likely draft recreates that will be beneficial to their LR and what the team needs.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-18-2018, 10:36 PMDannyMethane Wrote: Team USA is going to repeat as gold medalists at the WJC this off season. Last season Nictox and SlashACM GM'd their way to a gold medal, not having much of an idea between them. Little does the rest of the IIHF know, team USA has been DOPING and will do anything to keep that gold medal.

Agreed Team USA does have the talent to get back to back gold medalists, but there are also teams like British Isles, Canada, and Czechoslovakia who can also fight for the spot of gold medalist.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Norway or Austria will surprise everyone and take the gold medal in the IIHF tournament to the surprise of superpowers like Canada and the USA who both won’t medal.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

The fact you're ignoring the WJC tournament makes me really sad and makes me want to quit my post as simmer of the WJC because it's a really mean thing to do, ignore that tournament.
It will be the best. Youth served.

I have this gut feeling that the next phenom will come out of this years SMJHL draft, don't know who, but it will be generational.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa