Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Offseason Intrigue

The SHL draft is always exciting, there's already been some pick movement and it should be fun to see how the chips fall after eggy goes 1st overall. I'm predicting more pick movement before the draft, possibly even with new england getting blown away with an offer for that 1st pick.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

During this off season the S43 WJC and IIHF tournament Canada will separate into Upper Canada and Lower Canada so they can take both 1st and 2nd place in all international play.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Unforseen things happen in the offseason. I have a feeling this offseason is going to hit at least 1 rebuilding team hard. A team's high hopes are going to be destroyed when at least 1 high-profile prospect has an unexpected retirement this offseason.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I think it will be interesting to see how new, fresh GM's manage's their WJC Teams in the up coming tournament of the season!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Of course the the story of this off-season is going to be the IIHF tournament. For whatever reason because it is going to be something epic!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

-S43 WJC

Like some kind of miracle on ice, Team USA receives gold for back to back wins! Hugely upsetting the Czech in the finals. I honestly can't see a better way to end this season.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

I'm really excited for the free agency period this offseason. The wolfies have a good amount of cap space and will be looking to spend it on one or two big-time additions, likely adding to our defensive presence.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I think the highlights of the offseason are going to be the WJC and the main IIHF tournament. Why? Well... this is a bit of a homer pick, buuut I think Latvia is going to win BOTH. Quote me on that. The main IIHF squad will make a miracle run and destroy Russia in the finals, getting Latvia their third IIHF championship and their first podium finish in 23? seasons. It's been a long time since Latvian fans have seen their team be truly top class, but this is the season which will change that. (just don't look at my actual IIHF prediction, that doesn't exist ok) Meanwhile, the IIHF World Juniors team Latvia, lead by winner of a fuck ton of trophies in S42, SMJHL demigod, upcoming Hamilton Steelhawks star, S43 Four Star Cup winning goal scorer Ēriks Skalbergs (that's how you spell it. S-k-a-l-b-e-r-g-s. None of this Sklasberg, Skalsberg, Skalbregs bullshit) and some other guys too I guess will also make their way to a juniors championship so Latvia actually wins something for once. This season's World Championship is gonna be nuts.

The S44 Draft will be one of the weakest drafts in recent SHL Memory and it will be the start of the slow death of the SHL.

This is going to be an off-season that we look back at and say, "man there were a lot of good prospects". SHL Draft will end up being memorable.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

The biggest story should be the lack of retirements of Garbanzo, Anrikkanen, Erikssonn and any other player created before season 23. At some point fellas it is time to move on and pass the torch to the new generation even though you might not be number one in the record book.

Words~51

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

-IIHF Tournamant

I feel like Latvia might not show that much in early stages of IIHF tournament but going further down the road then Latvia will show teeth to topple those big teams like Finland and Canada for Gold medal win.

This offseason, not only does Austria bring home a medal in the IIHF Tournament, but the Austria/Germany WJC team blows everyone's minds and the young guys do the same.

I don't think this season's WJC will be like the last one, I think there are going to be some surprises. I think that this year Scandinavia will win first, and team Canada or USA in second or third. Also, for this year's Draft, it seems like Rainbow Dash and Ola Wagstrom are the hot picks, and we shall see if they are bust players or not.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 08:21 PM by Rich.)

I think the biggest story has kind of already happened. It is the management change in New England. It isn't over though, since I think Ace will still be looking to make moves.

Other than that, I always look forward to free agency. I really like seeing players move around in the league, and how that affects competition. I doubt this season will be any different, but I still look forward to it. I’m usually disappointed, but always hopeful that something interesting will happen.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!