Create Account

Frustration

When I first came into this league I fucking loved it. I loved it so much. I loved the community, I loved progressing my player, I loved the way it felt to see my team and my player play. At this point I feel none of that. The community sucks. Progressing my player sucks. The sim sucks. I’m gonna voice my frustrations out now.

This community has all but ruined this site for me. Y’all are the most toxic motherfuckers I have ever had the burden of interacting with. How do you enjoy this shit? How do you enjoy constantly being assholes to everybody? How do you enjoy the constant shit shows every week? I don’t get it. I guess being behind the screen makes people feel empowered or something. Bottom line, it’s not fun for me and I know that’s true for many others. I absolutely refuse to come onto the forum for anything other than updating, doing my PT’s, and checking the index. You all make this a bad place for people to be. I can only imagine new members coming here and seeing the way some of you act and conduct yourself. The only reason I haven’t quit entirely is because I love everyone in EDM and I can just chill in the Discord and stay far away from here.

Progressing my player sucks. I appreciate the change to power forward made a few seasons ago, seriously it did help. But it still doesn’t nearly fix the issue. The only viable build in this league is to have a checking weakness and scoring/passing, skating/puck handling, and defense strength. Every player is the same. How the fuck is that any fun? There isn’t any difference between the top players and even trying to make a good player with Cuddles feels absolutely pointless and a waste of my time. I’m at 1400 TPE and I still haven’t been able to max out my strengths because I’ve had to spend so much TPE into my scoring weakness so that I can become mildly competent, and I barely am competent as it is. I’ve come to the realization that my player will never be good, and will never do anything because I chose the power forward build. From my perspective, this isn’t fun at all.

STSH is soooooo fucking garbage. I understand that it’s all we got but it still doesn’t change the fact. How does it make any sense that I’m able to have a 42 point 200 hit season at like 800 TPE but then struggle to hit like 90 hits and 35 points for the rest of my career. Does progressing your attributes mean fucking nothing? Does playing next to good players mean nothing? My player and team has only gotten better attribute wise but my player continues to suck more and more. I just don’t get it. Don’t even get me started about the utter randomness of what team does good. How the hell do the Jets miss that one season, and how the hell do the Blizzard win like 1 out of our last 15 games when we tore it up all season and we won the conference in over half of our sims and never missed the playoffs in any of our sims. At this point I wouldn’t even bother testing lines because clearly it doesn’t matter.

Alright I’m done. Have fun shitting on me, fuck you.

I've always wanted checking removed as a weakness

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

<3

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

There is a new Simon T version which is apparently much less random. People complain the scoring is too high in it, even if it’s set to the lowest setting of scoring. So could have less of such a random sim.

The builds are kind of shitty, not sure what can be done about that. Except maybe make it so not everyone can max out.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

This was a good read thanks

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Oh oky

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I obviously don't know who your linemates were at the time regarding your personal performance but I think you already heard about it from your GM's. Getting hits in the sim engine is more about who you play with rather than how high your individual checking is. If you have like 60 checking and your linemates both had 40 it will lead towards your player getting almost all the hits.

from a quick check this season you played with Cukurs who has 65 Checking while you had 72. You both take hits "away" from each other. Also yup the sim is pretty random but you could also argue that Hockey is the most random major sport. SO it kinda simulates hockey well in the randomness regard too well for my taste too.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Git gud.

RETIRED

I have brought up archetype changes in HO so it's something we've been discussing albeit it slowly. But I do agree that everyone basically ends up with the same build anyways so it kind of gets boring. I think everyone here hates STHS tbh. I wish we had something else to go to other than this random monstrosity and I can definitely sympathize with that.

On the community aspect. I would say that while there are a very vocal few that make this site absolute trash at times and make me hate every signing up, there are still a large number of people who I love talking to on here and I'd hope the same for others. You know I'll always love ya though man. Wouldn't trade those STL days for anything.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Cheer up pal its just a website at the end of the day

u a real 1

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

team discords are litteraly why i like this site

ilu trella, agree with evrything you say.

we honestly should try working something out for a new sim engine. hell honestly making archtypes different would change alot.

wow

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Discord is toxic like @WannabeFinn

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

When I first came into this league I fucking loved it. I loved it so much. I loved the community, I loved progressing my player, I loved the way it felt to see my team and my player play. At this point I feel none of that. The community sucks. Progressing my player sucks. The sim sucks. I’m gonna voice my frustrations out now.

This community has all but ruined this site for me. Y’all are the most toxic motherfuckers I have ever had the burden of interacting with. How do you enjoy this shit? How do you enjoy constantly being assholes to everybody? How do you enjoy the constant shit shows every week? I don’t get it. I guess being behind the screen makes people feel empowered or something. Bottom line, it’s not fun for me and I know that’s true for many others. I absolutely refuse to come onto the forum for anything other than updating, doing my PT’s, and checking the index. You all make this a bad place for people to be. I can only imagine new members coming here and seeing the way some of you act and conduct yourself. The only reason I haven’t quit entirely is because I love everyone in EDM and I can just chill in the Discord and stay far away from here.

Progressing my player sucks. I appreciate the change to power forward made a few seasons ago, seriously it did help. But it still doesn’t nearly fix the issue. The only viable build in this league is to have a checking weakness and scoring/passing, skating/puck handling, and defense strength. Every player is the same. How the fuck is that any fun? There isn’t any difference between the top players and even trying to make a good player with Cuddles feels absolutely pointless and a waste of my time. I’m at 1400 TPE and I still haven’t been able to max out my strengths because I’ve had to spend so much TPE into my scoring weakness so that I can become mildly competent, and I barely am competent as it is. I’ve come to the realization that my player will never be good, and will never do anything because I chose the power forward build. From my perspective, this isn’t fun at all.

STSH is soooooo fucking garbage. I understand that it’s all we got but it still doesn’t change the fact. How does it make any sense that I’m able to have a 42 point 200 hit season at like 800 TPE but then struggle to hit like 90 hits and 35 points for the rest of my career. Does progressing your attributes mean fucking nothing? Does playing next to good players mean nothing? My player and team has only gotten better attribute wise but my player continues to suck more and more. I just don’t get it. Don’t even get me started about the utter randomness of what team does good. How the hell do the Jets miss that one season, and how the hell do the Blizzard win like 1 out of our last 15 games when we tore it up all season and we won the conference in over half of our sims and never missed the playoffs in any of our sims. At this point I wouldn’t even bother testing lines because clearly it doesn’t matter.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

10-19-2018, 03:16 PMkit Wrote: When I first came into this league I fucking loved it. I loved it so much. I loved the community, I loved progressing my player, I loved the way it felt to see my team and my player play. At this point I feel none of that. The community sucks. Progressing my player sucks. The sim sucks. I’m gonna voice my frustrations out now.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page