Create Account

Franchise player type

I’ve been mulling this over and it’s probably an awful idea but I was thinking:

What if one person per draft class was randomly selected as a franchise player? This player would have no weaknesses. Still three strengths, just no weakness.

Think about it. Crosby, McDavid, Gretzky, Lindstrom, etc. did they really have any weakness? Like sure, they don’t/didn’t hit, but that doesn’t mean it’s a weakness.

Literally just do a drawing at some point and make one player a franchise player. If they go inactive, then you have a real world Nail Yakupov situation. R E A L I S M

Just a thought. You may now berate me.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

R E A L I S M

i vote myself for having no weakness

for i have no weakness irl

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

people would continually retire/recreate trying for it, would hurt the league imo.

SimonT already kind of chooses random people to be really good, most top end players have the same stats but the same few people are always leading the league in stuff

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

10-23-2018, 09:54 PMligma Wrote: R E A L I S M

i vote myself for having no weakness

for i have no weakness irl

I’m okay with this because I love you.

Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken

10-23-2018, 09:59 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: people would continually retire/recreate trying for it, would hurt the league imo.

SimonT already kind of chooses random people to be really good, most top end players have the same stats but the same few people are always leading the league in stuff

That first part is a good point. Maybe the league could figure out a way to mitigate this?

Stampede  Kraken

10-23-2018, 09:59 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: people would continually retire/recreate trying for it, would hurt the league imo.

That's moreso coaching than STHS randomness imo.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

it'd be interesting, but also a really easy way to absolutely murder the league

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

ya sorry this won’t happen , this would be unfair in a class like the s43 where there were like 10 franchise players

[Image: 3.png]

Or you could make it as a player build you choose. Which has no weakness and an extra strength but has a much steeper build.

I was thinking about this more generally, what if you could pick your difficulty you play SHL on?

Easy - Build doesn't cost as much, like 1-2 TPE for everything but max at 85
Medium - Current
Hard - Everything cost more TPE, but you get extra strength and no weakness.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

10-23-2018, 10:18 PMKing Wrote: Or you could make it as a player build you choose. Which has no weakness and an extra strength but has a much steeper build.

I was thinking about this more generally, what if you could pick your difficulty you play SHL on?

Easy - Build doesn't cost as much, like 1-2 TPE for everything but max at 85
Medium - Current
Hard - Everything cost more TPE, but you get extra strength and no weakness.

Love this idea and have seen it other places, but it always comes back to the question of whether you want people who can put in a differing range of workloads to be at least relatively equal. I feel like a system like that would put off anyone who wasn't willing to go that extra mile. There are already opportunities for people who put more in to be better off, with things like equipment.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Who is this new guy? Get outta here with this nonsense.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

10-23-2018, 10:00 PMRagnar Wrote:

That first part is a good point. Maybe the league could figure out a way to mitigate this?

The league can't even mitigate JPL recreates

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

10-24-2018, 01:27 AMgerarob Wrote: Who is this new guy? Get outta here with this nonsense.

Yeahthat Heart

Stampede  Kraken

I mean if you are a non checking player and choose checking as your weakness you kinda don't have a weakness already imo :D

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

10-24-2018, 07:22 AMTomen Wrote: I mean if you are a non checking player and choose checking as your weakness you kinda don't have a weakness already imo :D

That’s true. Good point

Stampede  Kraken