Create Account

Kocsis Post-Draft Presser
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 01:05 AM by daBenchwarmer.)

-----gtg, ready to grade tyvm------

Mississauga, Canada

Conclusion of S44 SMJHL Entry Draft

[Image: IMG_0806-1024x576.jpg]

After the conclusion of the 44th SMJHL Entry Draft, with some surprises and even bigger upsets, 17-year old defenseman Sanyi Kocsis was able to sit down and answer a couple of questions after being selected 10th Overall by the Kelowna Knights, an overall 2-3 spots lower than where he was originally projected to be drafted at. Despite this seemingly intangible and useless change in his position, Kocsis was visibly angered at this decision.

Kocsis is joined alongside his agent from Temple Hockey Agency, former SHL-player Isaac Kaiser.

-----------------------------------------

KAISER: Alright folks, we're on a tight schedule right now. We have time for a few questions, but then we have to go get stuff sorted out.

REPORTER 1: A question for Sanyi! First of all, congratulations on being drafted by the Knights, but what does this small fall in the rankings mean to you?

KOCSIS: Upsetting. Lights a fire under me, and makes me a little angry. I'm easily a top 5 pick in this draft.

REPORTER 2: Right here! How excited are you for the upcoming season?

KOCSIS: I'm just going to fill every other team's goal with pucks. All I'm saying for now.

REPORTER 3: Sanyi, there were rumors about you going to St. Louis, alongside Vancouver refusing to interview you. What happened?

KOCSIS: Vancouver didn't have the guts to tell me to my face that they had no interest. St. Louis was a mutual decision, they didn't like my playing style and I didn't like their city. Simple.

[After this answer, Kaiser leaned over to Kocsis, whispering something to him that the microphones were not able to pick up.]

KAISER: Alright, we're doing okay for time right now. We can fit a few more questions in, if any of you guys want to ask anymore.

------open for questions; pls don't grade yet-----

10-26-2018, 12:48 AMjunoit Wrote: Hi. Colin O'Casey with the Tarragh Traveler. Does your drop in the rankings make you consider changing your playing style? Also, will you be signing with the Knights as planned?

KOCSIS: The drop in the rankings don't mean anything, except that these managers obviously didn't read up on the reports or watch the tape.

[Kaiser looks over at Kocsis and nods before breathing in.]

KAISER: As of right now, we have not yet begun preliminary talks with Kelowna. In fact, I'll publicly state that the Knights' management has not reached out to us yet in order to discuss a contract signing.

10-26-2018, 12:50 AMluketd Wrote: Hi Pete peters from the “all you can digest” readers digest.

What can you say you need to improve upon entering the league? Any personal goals or milestones you wish to have?

KOCSIS: I have been working out much more since I got here. Training with other prospects and even a couple of former SHL players has helped me a lot. I think maybe working on some strength and my endurance will help a lot. As for personal goals or milestones, I want to win and I want to win now.

10-26-2018, 12:59 AMjunoit Wrote: Follow up question: another notable member of your draft class, Gareth Rush, has refused to sign with the Colorado Raptors due to his own perceived drop in the rankings. Any reactions?

KOCSIS: Happy for the guy. He's allowed to decide where he wants to go and why. We, the players, are so confined to do whatever management wants for us that the minute a player speaks their mind, they're almost blacklisted from playing. It's stupid. I'm just glad Rush got traded to a team who will actually listen to the guy.

10-26-2018, 03:24 PMFlowseidon Wrote: Q: Which team are you looking forward to playing the most this coming season and why?

KOCSIS: I don't want to sound insulted? Uh, I don't know the word.

[Kaiser leans over and whispers something to Kocsis.]

KOCIS: Salty. I don't want to sound salty, but I would like to wipe the floor with St. Louis. They backed out on me last minute and drafted a complete and utter pylon of a player right before me. I would enjoy the opportunity to prove them they made a huge mistake, and rub it in their faces.

10-27-2018, 12:44 AMhhh81 Wrote: Harry Hemmert with The Athletic. Who are you most looking forward to playing with in Kelowna?

KOCSIS: Vladislav Konstantin has really helped me out getting acquainted with the team, and even reached out to me right after I got drafted. Also Nickolas Klaus brings a ton of energy to the team, I can't wait to play with him too.

10-27-2018, 12:44 AMhhh81 Wrote: Also, are you looking forward to competing for a spot on Team World at next year's World Juniors?

KOCSIS: Definitely. My goals are to prove everyone wrong and to win a championship. I feel with this roster we're putting together that we can definitely contend for the Four Star Cup this season.

KAISER: Thanks for everyone coming out tonight and asking these questions. We'll see you all out on the ice.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Hi. Colin O'Casey with the Tarragh Traveler. Does your drop in the rankings make you consider changing your playing style? Also, will you be signing with the Knights as planned?

Hi Pete peters from the “all you can digest” readers digest.

What can you say you need to improve upon entering the league? Any personal goals or milestones you wish to have?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 12:52 AM by daBenchwarmer.)

10-26-2018, 12:48 AMjunoit Wrote: Hi. Colin O'Casey with the Tarragh Traveler. Does your drop in the rankings make you consider changing your playing style? Also, will you be signing with the Knights as planned?

KOCSIS: The drop in the rankings don't mean anything, except that these managers obviously didn't read up on the reports or watch the tape.

KAISER: As of right now, we have not yet begun preliminary talks with Kelowna. In fact, I'll publicly state that the Knights' management has not reached out to us yet in order to discuss a contract signing.

10-26-2018, 12:50 AMluketd Wrote: Hi Pete peters from the “all you can digest” readers digest.

KOCSIS: I have been working out much more since I got here. Training with other prospects and even a couple of former SHL players has helped me a lot. I think maybe working on some strength and my endurance will help a lot. As for personal goals or milestones, I want to win and I want to win now.

PLAYER | UPDATE

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 12:59 AM by junoit.)

10-26-2018, 12:51 AMdaBenchwarmer Wrote:

Follow up question: another notable member of your draft class, Gareth Rush, has refused to sign with the Colorado Raptors due to his own perceived drop in the rankings. Any reactions?

10-26-2018, 12:59 AMjunoit Wrote:
10-26-2018, 12:51 AMdaBenchwarmer Wrote: KOCSIS: The drop in the rankings don't mean anything, except that these managers obviously didn't read up on the reports or watch the tape.

Follow up question: another notable member of your draft class, Gareth Rush, has refused to sign with the Colorado Raptors due to his own perceived drop in the rankings. Any reactions?

KOCSIS: Happy for the guy. He's allowed to decide where he wants to go and why. We, the players, are so confined to do whatever management wants for us that the minute a player speaks their mind, they're almost blacklisted from playing. It's stupid. I'm just glad Rush got traded to a team who will actually listen to the guy.

PLAYER | UPDATE

Q: Which team are you looking forward to playing the most this coming season and why?

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Cheers @daBenchwarmer . Good luck this season.

10-26-2018, 03:24 PMFlowseidon Wrote: Q: Which team are you looking forward to playing the most this coming season and why?

KOCSIS: I don't want to sound insulted? Uh, I don't know the word.

[Kaiser leans over and whispers something to Kocsis.]

KOCIS: Salty. I don't want to sound salty, but I would like to wipe the floor with St. Louis. They backed out on me last minute and drafted a complete and utter pylon of a player right before me. I would enjoy the opportunity to prove them they made a huge mistake, and rub it in their faces.

PLAYER | UPDATE

how r u

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2018, 12:44 AM by hhh81.)

Harry Hemmert with The Athletic. Who are you most looking forward to playing with in Kelowna?

Also, are you looking forward to competing for a spot on Team World at next year's World Juniors?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

10-27-2018, 12:44 AMhhh81 Wrote: Harry Hemmert with The Athletic. Who are you most looking forward to playing with in Kelowna?

KOCSIS: Vladislav Konstantin has really helped me out getting acquainted with the team, and even reached out to me right after I got drafted. Also Nickolas Klaus brings a ton of energy to the team, I can't wait to play with him too.

10-27-2018, 12:44 AMhhh81 Wrote: Also, are you looking forward to competing for a spot on Team World at next year's World Juniors?

KOCSIS: Definitely. My goals are to prove everyone wrong and to win a championship. I feel with this roster we're putting together that we can definitely contend for the Four Star Cup this season.

PLAYER | UPDATE

Just wondering why this hasn’t been graded? You still taking questions?

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

12-06-2018, 02:42 PMBadWolf Wrote: Just wondering why this hasn’t been graded? You still taking questions?

ty for the reminder, i'm gonna close 'er up.

PLAYER | UPDATE

12-06-2018, 02:42 PMBadWolf Wrote: Just wondering why this hasn’t been graded? You still taking questions?

Hey, since pressers are always open for questions we (the graders) wait for the author to add "Ready for Grading" at the top. @daBenchwarmer please do so if it's ready for grading.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]