Create Account

S44 PT #1 - This Version of You
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 08:01 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

The SHL is back this week after an offseason in flux and allot has happened since you last stepped on the ice!  Your team has changed and with an offseason of available TPE you may have changed as well.

Task: In 150 words or more let the league know alittle about the S44 version of you. Have you improved anywhere? has father time made things harder? has your role on the team changed? who could you end up playing along side? what are your goals....give us the details!

Design: Design a poster of your player with 3 changes from last season that you want the league to know about.. Graphic should include the players name, the team they are on, the season and their player render.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, November 5 at 12PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted!  *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

NSFL PT#2 welfare

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

With Season 43 in the past, Nicholas Williams looks to the future. With Winnipeg Jets being a stacked team, Williams has the option to stay down in juniors or come up to the big show. As Captain of the St. Louis Scarecrows, Williams will be staying down for his third year of junior competition. Not much has changed on the Crows, a few talented players moved up to the SHL to start their major league careers. Williams sets his goals early for what needs to be done. He needs to lead the team again in scoring and in the locker room. He needs to help his team get back to the Four Star Cup finals and win. After the hard battles fought in the playoffs, Williams recognizes what needs to be done this season. Williams will be on the first line to start the season off again, but this time, he is bring Steven Moyer and Adam Taylor with him. The three have excellent chemistry on and off the ice. It should be a very dominant line. 

[177]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 12:21 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Brady McIntyre's career hasn't exactly started the way he was expecting it to. From the beginning he wanted to be one of the best defensemen on team USA, spend 5 seasons in the SMJHL winning Four Stars Cups with St. Louis and then become a top pairing defenseman on Edmonton. Looking back things are staggeringly different than that. He only spent three seasons in St. Louis only winning one Four Stars Cup. He's no longer a part of the United States Ice Hockey Federation after finding he has Czech heritage and becoming a citizen of the Czech Republic and becoming a part of the Czechoslovak Ice Hockey Federation and is now their top defenseman. The weirdest part is that he's almost buried on Edmonton. Spending his entire career in the bottom four has been really rough for him. If he wins a few cups it'll be worth it. Right now though he's having a really tough time having limited minutes when he could be the best player on several teams in the SMJHL. Brady has improved his passing skills, puck handling, checking skills and skating ability but he's still being told to wait his turn. The question is, will his turn come before he's out of his prime? He's hoping to be one of the best defensemen in Blizzard history. We'll see if he's given the chance to be that though.

The S44 version of Brady is determined to make his mark in Edmonton and on the league. He's always been the defense first, good first pass kind of defenseman, but that may be changing soon if that style of play isn't good enough for the league. The biggest part of the hockey that he has neglected in the past has been checking. If he can't win more ice time this season with his passing and defense, he's going to be changing his game into a hard hitting an shoot first game. So what is the S44 version of Brady? It's a stick of dynamite and the match to light him is in the hands of his coaches. If he's given the ice time he'll stay the same, if not he's going to let loose on the league and force his coaches to put him on the top pair.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Manuel Gotze has always struggled with passing the puck around out on the ice. It just takes him a bit of extra time to improve that relative to most of his other skills and relative to many players around the league as well. He really did try to put in the time for that this offseason though, and should have a more balanced approach on the offensive side of things this season. Gotze is also really looking forward to potentially playing on the same line as upcoming superstar Rafe Ulrich this season. Presumably most people out there have seen the Mighty Ducks trilogy? Well, Rafe and Gotze are gonna be the bash brothers out there. My goal for this season would be to have the pair of forwards among the top 10 in hits in the SHL, as the majority of these SHL wusses try to avoid hitting or getting hit as much as possible.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Quote:Task: In 150 words or more let the league know alittle about the S44 version of you. Have you improved anywhere? has father time made things harder? has your role on the team changed? who could you end up playing along side? what are your goals....give us the details!

S44 Rafe Ulrich will be featuring in the big league for the first time. Coming up to the SHL after spending three seasons in the juniors, has a magical feeling to it, almost as if Ulrichs hockey skills grew three sizes the day he set foot in to the Wolfpacks locker room. What can we expect from Ulrich which we might not have seen in the juniors? First thing will be his incredible skating, which seems to have improved immensely. Ulrich will be keeping up with some of the best skaters in the top flight and will catch people off guard. His puck handling skills have also seen a boost. During practise he was pulling out dangles you would never see him preform in the juniors.

Also, and maybe one of the important ones, is that his passing seems to have improved. Ulrich was a notorious bad passer in the juniors, but while not perfect, his passes seem a whole lot crisper and the sauce is there to be served.

Goal wise for Ulrich its simple. Play his heart out and have an amazing time doing it. He will be given second line minutes to start the season with, so he will have to proof to his coach that giving him this time was a smart move. In the back of Ulrichs mind is the Jester throphy. Given to the rookie who performed the best during the regular season. It would be a massive honour for Ulrich to win this award and he will put his all into it to work towards being in the talks for it at the end of the season.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

The offseason has been a bit of a strange one for me. It feels like I’ve been doing all of this training, and all of this hard work, just to… I can’t really put it into a short line very easily. It feels like I have all these skills and abilities pent up that just haven’t been able to be released and are just waiting for the right moment to be applied to everything I’m looking to improve and to make me into a much more effective player.
For S44, I’m looking to try and just be a better player for the Militia. Last season, I was shooting a lot, but dear god, I could not put that puck in the back of the net. My shooting percentage was atrocious, and that’s something that needs to improve if I want to do my best to help the Militia succeed this coming season. Beyond that, I want to take a step to being a bigger leader in the LR and as a resource for anyone who needs help.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Ola Wagstrom was unimpressive in his rookie year, but this year, he looks to be getting a lot of minutes! Going into his sophomore season, he has surpassed the 350 TPE mark, and with an 84 Scoring rating, he is a lethal scoring threat whenever he touches the ice. In the offseason, he also redistributed TPE from Penalty Shot to more important attributes, and it paid off in the WJC. Pacing at a point-per-game in the WJC should give the Falcons confidence in him, and he intends to be the top power play unit winger for his juniors team. He will likely play with his buddy Franz Cooper, so the duo of snipers may be like Kucherov and Stamkos; opposing defenders won't know who to cover! His goals are quite ambitious, but he likes his build, and he hopes to stun the league and lead the SMJHL in goals scored. He wants at least 45 points this year, and he hopes to get at least 15 power play points! Also, he is looking to get his TPE level to 500 or more before the end of the year so that the Jets will be able to use him next season if they want.

Word Count: 206 Words

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

The biggest change for me this off-season was really developing my defensive game. I know being in the SHL I'll need to be more responsible with the puck and more responsible in my own zone, especially with the responsibilities I'll be given. So I really worked on that (DF 75 -> 90) . I spent pretty much the entire off-season just doing that and now I'm trying to work on my puck possession in the offensive zone so have really focused on puckhandling (PH 70 -> 82). Those are actually the only two changes to my game, and I'm excited to start in the SHL for my rookie season. Biggest role change is going from SMJHL 2nd line C to being an SHL 1st line C. Big jump, especially for someone so young, but the expectations for the team this year are low so I'm not burdened by it. My goal this season is to play a full two hundred foot game, and it's ambitious but I'd be pretty excited to score close to 10 goals and see how close I can get to 20-30 points.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

not a whole lot has changed for me between seasons but thats no surprise to myself or others. over the past couple of seasons i’ve been steadily training but not exactly jumping at every opportunity to grow, part of me wishes i had but i wouldnt say i’m at all disappointed. i’m still down in the J but... hell, i like it here. i’m excited for another season with an amazing junior team before moving up to the big league. the only difference is now i have a four star cup with my name on it and i think this team has a good shot at another. my skills have stagnated but i’m not worried, the SHL will have awesome coaches and once i’m there i’m confident i will have what it takes to be an important part of a team on the rise in manhattan. i’ve realized this offseason i should probably focus a bit more on my shot instead of trying to scrap with the competition. this season i’m hoping to gain a bit of ice time or maybe be a part of the special teams but we’ll see how that goes once the season starts.

208 words

Last season was my rookie year in the SMJHL and it was a decent one but Montreal has a solid forward core and I spent my time on the third line. This off-season I worked really hard to do all the training I could and now I am at the 350 SMJHL cap prior to the preseason starting. I hope that I will see a larger role in my second year as now my skills are much better suited to handle more minutes at this level. I don't know what the lines will look like yet but it should be a good season for us in Montreal. We are hoping to win it all this year and have a lot of returning players so I think it could be a great season. My main goals are to win the Four Star Cup and to get to know more of my teammates. I want to dominate on the scoreboard as well and would love to put up tons of goals and points. Being drafted by Edmonton was great and the management and players have all been great to me. I feel very positive that this will be a great year for me!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

With season 43 done and over with it has left a poor taste in my mouth. Through nobodies fault but my own my progression has been less than satisfying. As I watch my fellow classmates and teammates make leaps and bounds with their progression I have decided to turn it up a notch and train harder than I ever have before. More intense workouts, trying to earn a bigger check, just trying to escape the label of a "bust". My hopes of being a top 6 center wont be squashed this year as I'll make a bigger emphasis on my defense, face-offs and passing to not only improve myself but set my teammates up for more success as well. With a chip on my shoulder this will be a huge year for me.

I think I should be about the same as I was last season but hopefully a little stronger. I had a great season last season taking home the Jay Mcdonald for most goals, I sure hope that carries over again and I’m able to help the panthers win games. One thing I have been working on is my penalty shot or shootout goals so hopefully I will be able to bury some more goals in tight games. I am of course going to be match up with Matthew Auston who had a terrific season as well. I am thinking Boyka Jr will be centering the two of us or potentially on the wing with me. My goal is to break at least 50 points this season, it is going to be tough but I want to make my goals hard so that it makes me try a bit harder. I am always looking to improve but I would be just as happy to do what I did last season all over again but this time make it to the finals and take home the challenge cup.
Code:
186 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Task: In 150 words or more let the league know alittle about the S44 version of you. Have you improved anywhere? has father time made things harder? has your role on the team changed? who could you end up playing along side? what are your goals....give us the details!

Louie Garrett is coming off the best season of his career where he scored 62 points and was named to the 1st SHL All-Star team. This season he has only gotten better in some of the aspects of his game that were lacking before. Even though he's a winger he has worked significantly on his face-offs because you never know when you're gonna have to step in to take a draw. Basically, Garrett is hitting his peak right now and even though the Seattle Riot are probably looking at another down season, there is still hope that Garrett will somehow be able to pick up even more of the scoring than he was already. I believe that the current plan is for Garrett to play wing next to rookie Herb Roberts as it stands right now. All of that could be subject to change though as Seattle is going into a certain rebuild. All-in-all a lot of the same from Garrett, scoring goals n shit. Hope to keep that going.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Franz Cooper has worked hard this offseason to reach his peak junior self in time for the start of the SMJHL season. He's put a lot of effort in across the board, working on almost every aspect of his game in some respect. His shot, already great got even better, and he's playmaking ability seems to be at another level. He's put time in with the skating conditioning team, both for acceleration and endurance on the ice. He's put in reps in the weight room, although his physical presence still leaves room for improvement and development. The changes have been reflected at practice, where Cooper hopes to follow up on an impressive, if hidden and sheltered 4th line, rookie season with the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL and continue development to reach the Buffalo Stampede down the line. Work continues to go into building experience, but he's excited for both the strides he's taken in the game and the marked improvements of his fellow S44 draftees in Detroit.

174 words

[Image: Falcons-Banner.png]