Create Account

S44 PT #1 - This Version of You

What didn't change for Oisin Fletcher during the offseason. It would be hard to say he's even the same man. After six years in New England, he had to find a new home as his previous team didn't want his services anymore despite some stellar seasons. He now find himself in the middle of his birth country, Canada, playing for the Edmonton Blizzard. One of his silver lining in the whole process is that he isn't alone on the team. He can count on ex teammate on the New England Wolfpack, Piotr Czerkawski, to live this adventure with him. Fortunately for Fletcher, he had a few friends on the team before joining such as Knouse, Cukurs, Cuddles, Rockfeller, Tanner and the Tucks. One of the big thing that Oisin had to improve during the offseason was his faceoff abilities. After discussion with his new team, he would now be leading the attack from the center of the ice. He also improved his penality shots abilities for the shootouts.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

After the S44 draft where Willie Fisterbottom saw himself go 11th overall to the Los Angeles Panthers, the need for a defensive defenseman moving forward was clear. The Los Angeles front office made it clear to Willie that they expected very big things from him, including a shut down style of play. Though he’ll be playing in the minors again this year in order to develop, Fisterbottom is working hard at his defensive style of play, in order to be the guy to shut down the other teams’ offense as much as he can. Though he has also been working on his strength, puck handling, skating and passing, defense is his number one priority.

Willie’s goal this year is to shit on every single person who thought he wasn’t good enough to be on their team in the S43 SMJHL draft as well as the S44 SHL draft.

“I hold a lot of grudges and ill will towards a lot of people in the league. Hopefully this season and every season moving forward I’ll be able to make them regret not taking me.”

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

My role on the Riot has definitely changed. With two of our best wingers retiring and two of our best young players gone via trade I’m going to step up into a first line role for the first time since my Minnesota days. Regression for me starts soon too, which sucks because Jolo hasn’t really hit his peak yet. The one improvement that I’ve really worked on is upping my strength. Strength is surprisingly one of my strengths (pun intended), even though Lombardi is 5’3”. It’s likely that I’ll be on a line with Louie Garrett and Alexander Zajac, which I think has the potential to be the most underrated top line in the league. All of us are coming off of great seasons, and with regression for us not coming for at least one season (two for me and Alex), we should be making a case for ourselves as a great line this season. My goal for this year is to score 50 points, which should be attainable as I hit 46 points last season.

182 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 08:54 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

All eyes were on the Augment this offseason as Mike Izzy moved past the 2,000 TPE barrier becoming just the 10th player in league history to reach that illustrious Milestone. After 9 seasons of hard work much of my time this month was spent in the film room as i make the move to Calgary's top line in S44 which will put me on the ice with new team mates going up against opponents i havnt typically lined up against in the past.

Chemistry is another area of the game that i have worked on.. finding out where Roman Augustus likes the puck, where Mikko Linna settles in on the ice, getting use to the power speed and agility that Joe Kurczewski plays with and the type of angles an Adam Kasier pass will hit my stick.

Izzy is coming in with a skill set that most aspire to reach but very few do...i dont think theres an opposing player in the SHL that can stop Izzy on the ice and the plan is to keep coaches up at night trying to figure out how to deal with the Augment on our way to a 3rd Calgary championship in the last 6 seasons.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

This is Xena’s rookie season in the SHL, and she’s excited to really show everyone what she’s got. This week alone she gained around 100 TPE and is looking to take her DEF to 80 and improve her skating, puck handling, and scoring skills this season now that she’s passed the 350 TPE mark. Being one of the top TPE earners in her draft class and still being drafted at 13 only made Xena want to work harder and kick butt. As much as this is a skill-oriented game there is a huge social component to the SHL. Xena has the work ethic down pat, so the next step for her and one of the biggest differences in Xena this season, is her working on her social game by building relationships in the SFP LR and getting to know more players on the site. She’s also hoping to break free from being “Kings recruit/gf” and become her own independent player in the SHL.

Words: 163

Looking forward to season forty-four, Jack Kennedy looks to shoulder a larger role on the team, both on the ice and in the dressing room. It's not that Kennedy's skills have increased over the off season, it's that several veteran Whalers will be making the big jump to the SHL. This is not to say that Kennedy has not been working on his game because he has. It's more that the Whalers were an extremely deep team last year, so they had maxed out players skating on the third line. Next year Kennedy will be expected to put up more points to go with the increase in ice time that will occur-- especially on the power play. There is also some talk that a letter (Captain or Alternate captain) may dawn Kennedy's Whaler uniform this year, considering the old leadership core is moving on. All in all, these are steps that Kennedy is more than ready to take.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 02:47 PM by CanadianDuck.)

S44 looks to be the best of Steven Moyer's career so far. After being given an A and centering the 3rd line for Team Canada for the World Juniors, Steven failed to help his team get a chance at a medal, he will be playing with the two players he has had the best chemistry with in Adam Taylor and Nicholas Williams on the Scarecrows first line. The only goal in his mind is to win the Four Star Cup that he failed to bring home last year.     Steven looks to continue to be one of the best faceoff guys in the SMJHL, and hopes to become a better setup man. The added responsibility affects players differently, but Steven looks more than ready to make another step in his development on his way to the SHL and the San Francisco Pride.

"I don't know if this is my last year in the SMJHL or not, but it doesn't change my goal of winning the Four Star Cup for my team before I move up. I am ready for the season to start, Let's Go Crows!"

Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl will be a 3rd Line player again and he will play again with the same linemate. Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl with that he improved his Skating, Endurance, Puckhandling and Defense. The role is still be the Trashmaster of the Buffalo Stampede and bring in the Locker Room a lot of fun like always. With Tatu Mäkelä, Charles Walker, Alexis Metzler and Fredrich Koenig the TOP 4 spots are locked. Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl will play with Quick Mafs an quicky. Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl his goals are like always, he is looking for a better season than the last one and to win the cup. Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl is also hoping for being an candidate for the Aidan Richan Trophy. If he would win this award then he would be the third McZ of three McZs in the SHL history for win the Aidan Richan Trophy. Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl has not more targets this season. That is all.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

A lot has changed for Tigole going into S44. His jersey, first and foremost. He’s discarded Edmonton Blue for New England Green. He’s moved from a place that he was so well known, so entrenched to a place that is alien to him. The only familiarity he has is that his agent, Erik Chisling, former EDM GM, managed the Wolfpack in the past. Bitties, as a player, focused on one thing and one thing only this offseason. Bulking up. Already a well rounded player, Bitties trained on his weakness, his checking. You can expect Tigole to bring a much more jagged and gritty style of play as he headlines New England’s offensive efforts for S44. No longer does he have Cory Knouse, Teddy Cuddles, Hercules Rockefeller to provide balanced scoring. He’s now playing with retiring Wolfpack legend Dieter Dominique, Artemi Berezin. It’ll be a bit of a shock for Bitties I’d imagine, but with time, this core is going to be just as good, if not better than what he experienced in Edmonton.

Bitties can’t wait for that to happen.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:
Task: In 150 words or more let the league know alittle about the S44 version of you. Have you improved anywhere? has father time made things harder?  has your role on the team changed? who could you end up playing along side? what are your goals....give us the details!

This season things will be a bit different for Robert Phelps. He was a very big contributor for the Steelhawks last season but he primarily played a 3rd line role plus special teams. The team management has pressured the coach into playing Phelps more than an average of 20 minutes a game to get more out of him. While Phelps prefers to be a bit of a role player and to focus on getting the team out of penalty jams and help produce on the powerplay, he is generally willing to do whatever is needed of him. I suspect Phelps will be playing with Dick Skillstedt and Angelo Odjick, or at least one of those two. Phelps doesn't really have goals for the season on a personal level. He just wants a cup, or several cups... Hopefully Hamilton's very strong defensive core can give them a solid shot at a cup.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Task: In 150 words or more let the league know alittle about the S44 version of you. Have you improved anywhere? has father time made things harder? has your role on the team changed? who could you end up playing along side? what are your goals....give us the details!

Since I am a capped player in the SMJHL, nothing has changed in my attributes going into this season for the Scarecrows. However, two important things have changed, who knows how it will play out this season. 1. I've been moved to the 2nd line. 2. My linemates from last season have moved on to the SHL, and will playing with a 2nd year winger Freeman, who should be capped by the time the season starts, and an inactive 220 TPE Center. Who knows how the season will play out, but as a 3rd year send down I will be very disappointed if Pedersen Jr. does not improve on his season last year, statistically season. The ultimate goal however, has never changed, winning the Four Star cup. Losing in the finals last season to the Whalers, the same team that defeated Pedersen Sr. in his appearance in the finals back in S20, has only strengthened my desire to win a Four Star cup, adding the only Team Trophy that is missing from the Pedersen Families trophy case.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

After a thrilling end to the season that saw Johannes Leitner and the Vancouver Whalers hoist the Four-Star Cup after defeating the Scarecrows to earn it, there has not been much change to Leitner but there almost was. Facing a potential call-up to the New England Wolfpack to serve as the backup goaltender, Leitner put in some work to make sure he has on the top of his game if the call was made. In the end, the Wolfpack signed a backup goalie to have Leitner get more experience down in the SMJHL with Vancouver on what should once again be a team that should compete for the Four-Star Cup. Leitner is excited to be back in British Columbia with his teammates that are also coming back though he will miss some of the guys that will get the call-up. This might be the last time Leitner plays for Vancouver but things can change, for now, Leitner was able to enjoy the off-season after a nice win and gets to go back to his familiar location in Vancouver between the pipes. The Whalers are happy to welcome back their playoff MVP nominated goaltender and the season starts now for the Whalers as they look to defend their Four-Star Cup victory and try and win back to back titles with Leitner in goal.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Tokek Takshak is hyped as all hell to make the big jump. To go from juniors to the big leagues is never easy, but Tokek was stellar throughout training camp, and seems to play even better on SHL ice than he did in the J. Of course, he had an excellent season last year, but seemed to actually regress from his first sophomore season, scoring less goals and blocking less shots. His team was still able to drag him to a four star cup win, though.

Anyhow, Tokek worked his ass off throughout training camp, although it wasn't without a couple mishaps. He accidentally went with Yannick Berger and worked on faceoffs for a lil bit before realizing that he didn't need to. His puckhandling, positioning, and conditioning have all greatly improved since last season, on purpose this time, and he seems poised to make a run for Rookie of the Year.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

After having endured an embarrassing suspension last season, Viktor Marius is excited to hit the ice with his teammates for what looks like another step forward year for the young forward. His skill set has already been on notice as a dominant scorer, but his potential hasn't been met due to his streaky scoring style. This season he expects his increased defensive presence, his passing improvements, and the maturing of another year in the SHL to make a difference for the young winger. He hopes to his 25 G this season, something that he is capable of doing but burying his chances that he will surely get will be the indicator on whether he hits that mark this season. His hard work getting to where he is will likely be the difference maker as he has stepped up over the offseason in midst of players trying to take his spot on the first line.

Moving into S44, Chris Partridge is coming into the season with his eyes solely focused on a singular goal; getting the Pride to the playoffs. It's been many years of struggling for this team, and despite putting up solid numbers even in atrocious years in the standings, this season has an entirely new energy to it. Partridge is coming in the fittest he's ever been, and has done all the grind work necessary in the off-season to equally mentally sharp. Beyond just evolving his game play between the pipes, it's also a year where he's developed a new level of leadership and locker-room poise, as he sees himself as a veteran presence responsible for maintaining a focused and positive environment. This entire team refuses to just be known as the squad that has a permanent residence in the basement of the league, and it's time for Partridge to show that he can compete with any goaltender in the league. Time will tell if the results match the optimism, but one thing is abundantly clear. This is not last years Pride.

Code:
187 words

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]