Create Account

SMJHL PT 2 - Looking Forward

As a rookie in the SMJHL, you're taking the same first steps today's SHL greats took all those seasons ago. Tell us about the player(s) you look up to and are aiming to emulate.

Requirements

Written option: Must include 150 words and some reference to build attributes and/or stats of both yourself and at least one player currently in the SHL.
Graphic option: Must include two renders and at least three different build attributes and/or stats of both yourself and at least one player currently in the SHL.

Payout
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S44 SMJHL Rookies (S45 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Friday 11/9 @ 10am CT

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

While Leopold Lockhart's SHL hero is New England defenseman Mia Landvik, his style of play is nothing like hers. While Landvik is a stay-at-home defenseman who doesn't put much stock in scoring, Lockhart plays a more offensively driven game. Therefore, though he idolizes her, he doesn't try to emulate her. Instead, he looks to model his career after West Kendall Platoon defenseman Ludwig Koch Schroder, a high scoring yet still defensive minded player who is effective at both ends of the ice. LKS's strengths are scoring, skating, and defense and he's currently capped out on all three of those attributes. Lockhart favors puck handling over skating, but he's working on getting his defense and scoring up. Both of those attributes are currently sitting at 70. LKS isn't a big hitter and Lockhart won't be either, preferring to spend his time improving his skill game rather than smashing people into the boards, but he's a big guy, so I expect we'll see some improvement in checking once he hits the SHL level.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

The player I look up to the most would be Roman Augustus. The word has been spreading and I will put an end to the rumors. Mika Mayfield and Roman Augustus are an item, an almost envious one.  So it only makes sense that I would be in awe of a man I look up to. Roman Augustus is a great leader. This game is about more then just winning and about more then scoring, yes I would still love to score but I want more then that. Augustus on top of being a leader is a quality player, a solid and trustworthy player. He will always be at training every monday morning, which gives me the motivation get my butt to training as well. What he does, I do. Not only do I look to emulate Augustus, but I look to exceed my own expectations and be the best player Anchorage has ever seen.   Armada

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

[Image: 98WnmfN.png]

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Dominic Montgomery grew up a New England Wolfpack fan even though he was raised in Michigan, because his mom, Karin, grew up in Boston and trained her son to support the family team. Therefore, Dom grew up idolizing Mia Landvik, who entered her rookie season in season 30 and then won back-to-back Challenge Cups and has since hurt a lot of people via checking. However, Dom is not a beast like Landvik and as far as playing style goes, is followeding the lead of SHL players like Alonzo Garbanzo who's also a two-way defenseman who has been a reliable and strong point leader/defenseman for more than ten seasons at least. Garbanzo, even though he's been in regression for many seasons, still has high defense (93) and skating attributes like Dom is aiming for, along with passing. Checking is both of their weaknesses, Dom preferring to annoy his teammates via stealing the puck or keeping them from scoring. He'll be working on his puck handling over time as well, like Garbanzo and other two-way defensemen have. If Dom could be half the competitor that Garbanzo is in ten seasons, he'll be super happy.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

When it comes to the former Winnipeg Jets player Luke Fleming playing a two-way style was paramount. While he rarely threw a large hit, there was considerable grit to the way he played that was revealed more as he developed. Always passionate about wanting to be one of the best players at both ends of the ice, this drive lead to Luke claiming a Jeff Darr trophy as best two-way forward in the SHL in S34. One of Luke's two sons in Nicolas Fleming looks to follow in his father's footsteps. Nicolas Fleming is reported by scouts to a much more offensive shooting style as his puck handling, skating, and shooting are his strongest attributes and everything else seems to need quite a bit of work. As for current SHL superstars, Nicolas has reportedly said to model his game after Sophia Bennett of the Los Angeles Panthers as well. Her shoot first, skating/puck handling style is said to be what he tries to emulate himself as in the coming years in the SMJHL and SHL.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Hailing from South Boston, Nat Emerson has always been a New England Wolfpack fan. Because of his fandom, he has tried to emulate New England's Mia Landvik's game since he reached pee wee hockey. Much like Emerson, Landvik doesn't have the greatest scoring touch in the league but she lays the body down, blocks shots like a wall, and starts the break out. Emerson grew up focusing on his checking, passing, and defensive game. Those are by far the strongest parts of his game. He is a hit first and then figure out what is next type of player. Nat lacks the skating game of the Wolfpack's right-handed D-woman, however. Skating has always been a thorn in the side of Emerson's game. Through focused training he hopes to some day get close to the speed that Landvik has. Emulating Landvik's game and improving his deficiencies, Emerson hopes to make an impact as soon as possible.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

"We're sat down here today with Anchorage Armada's Maxime Bouchard, for a few quick fire questions that will surely get your stats craving sated! Here we go ladies and gentlemen!"

"So Maxime, can I call you Max?
"No."

"Alllllllrighty then! Maxime, what would you say your defining qualities on the ice are?"
"I definitely think my best attributes are my puck handling and skating. I work hard to make sure I'm not being left behind on the play."

"That's a pretty normal thing for a winger wouldn't you say?"
"Yeah I mean, I look up to those other guys you know. You wanna be pushing yourself to get to their level. Otherwise what's the point?"

"Would you say you look up to any one player in particular there Max?"
"Oh definitely. Teddy Cuddles is a huge inspiration for me. His play and general vision on the ice is insane. I wish I could be as useful as that guy is. Whenever I watch the Blizzard play I'm just like 'Damn, @"cpetrella" is awesome' you know? And don't call me that."

"Alrighty that wraps up our quickfire questions with hot prospect Maxime! Tune in next time for more and whatever you do, don't call him Max!"

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Desmond Carey does not crave the spotlight or the limelight. But the light he hates the most is that red light behind the goal. With that in mind, the player he patterns his game after the most might be someone like Clint Eastwood- a hard hitting, minute eating, low-scoring defender willing to put his body on the line for his team. Though Carey is loathe to work on his scoring, he may have to do so in order to make the big time. But until then, he is willing to rely on his defensive instincts, size and physical play to help bring his team to the playoffs. Team above all, ego vanquished, selfish instincts dissipated in the crucible of fiery competition. There is something almost... religious about the Irishman's devotion to self sacrifice in the pursuit of victory. And Carey's chosen object of worship is the gritty Eastwood.

[Image: 6qWTxF2.png]

I have the fortunate pleasure of being on this season for over 40 seasons. Some of my favourite times were when myself an Esa Anrikanen were just starting out. Good olde Hamilton Steelhawks days and Magnus Jakobsen. He's the first player that were looking up to and trying to build around. He was my first great player, made it into the HoF and a player for a majority of his career I tried really good for. The next player likely will be Joe Mckiel of the Steelhawks. He was an amazing player, but extremely loyal and all that good stuff too. He was the best player in the league at that time. As weird as it will be, Elias Lindstrom is on that list too. He's a reminder that if I'm going to do this, I might as well do my best and not slack off. His career stats were going to be better than Jakobsens if I didn't slack off and that's too bad. Hiro Fujikawa won't make that mistake.

Lastly, the agency and Fujikawa were doing some scouting outside of the SHL and went to the NHL. Members say he wants the hands of McDavid and the strength and scoring of Ovie!

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

SD Here, I forwarded this question on to Slip and here's the swill that I got back,

Well, I'm, uh, coming into this league pretty much a total blank slate both mentally and physically, so I don't really have any long standing idols.  I have been watching the current SHL preseason tho, and I'm noticing a couple players standing out with the play-style I'm modeling my game around.  I found Alexis Metzler (@Avakael ) and Svatoslav Bodnar (@Cyanide ) as the defensemen on the Hits Leaders charts (as of 35 games played).  I would consider these studs to be my, uh, role models at this early point in my career.

I think Alexis made it onto that chart by nature of just being really good overall, because he actually has Checking as a weakness.  Svatoslav, on the other hand, is closer to how I see myself growing as a Defensemen, without any focus on scoring.  While I want to follow that same physical checking path, I also want to try and mitigate the PIM that come more generously when you are busting heads every night.  These guys have obviously been around in the league for a while, so I'm going to keep an eye on them this season to see what I can learn from how their play-styles, uh, play out.

As an honorable mention, I've also been paying attention to Dakota Reid (@Jiggly_333 ) since filling out my, uh, S44 Award Predictions.  I saw that she predicted herself for the Turd Ferguson which struck me as a bold statement of "I'm gonna get out there and mess people up", and her Checking / Fighting stats really backed up her claim.  Even though I'm a totally Defensive Defensemen and she's a Forward, I feel like I have a lot to learn from the physical side of her game.

Thanks for the, uh, interesting question, SD

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Aleksandr Aleksandrov models his play style after his former mentor Timo Haas, who aided him in training and development in the early stages of his career, and continues to do so to this day. Aleksandrov, who represents a crop of Russian prospects, comes in to the league after a noticeable drought of goaltenders. Currently in possession of a 0.967 save percentage, and a 0.97 goals against, looks to be a future force to be reckoned with provided the dynamic duo of student and master continues.

"I just try and play my game," Aleksandrov said after a lengthy and rigorous training session focusing on his agility (80) and rebound control (80). "It'll be very important going forward, especially in the pre-season, and as we get into the season opener. Good or bad, just gotta go tot he next chapter and learn from the past. It's the only way to improve." He concluded,

"You can see the work ethic in his game. He doesn't play for nothing. There's a passion burning there in every minute of play." said Haas, who himself holds a plethora of All Star team awards for his excellent goaltending, "I'm here to make sure he takes it to the next step."

Aleksandrov sets his sights on the 4 star cup, which would be the first cup the Raptors have won since season 27.

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Vegeta is admittedly pretty new to the SHL and doesn't know many players outside of Anchorage, but with that said, I'll have to go with @Obsidian311. Vegeta Muerto is currently a pure shut down defender similar to Sean Stevenson Jr.. Stevenson's biggest strength is with out question his defensive ability with DF = 90 he has very high defence for such a new player. Vegeta also is very strong defensively, mature for his years as well with DF = 80. After that both try to be careful with the puck and move it up ice, and both have lesser strengths in skating and puckhandling. Neither Vegeta nor Sean are able to generate much offence, both struggle with having inaccurate shots and are not great at weaving passes. Despite both being shut down players neither is particularly aggressive as a checker, but both have strong solid bodies which they use to there advantage.

Armada Updates Armada 

Alexander Selich molds his game fairly close to the style of game that a former Prince George Firebird , Chris York. Alexander wants to be a lethal scorer in the juniors being able to get on the score sheet a ton. Both have the attribute scoring as their highest decision making attribute followed by Skating and then Passing. This instantly makes you realize what Alexander actually wants to do first and foremost which is scoring goals and only pass to his teammates when it makes sense Hockey IQ wise. He will never make the mistake of passing too much just for the sake of passing. Alex would rather skate with the puck in his possession waiting for a good opportunity to score a goal or make a crucial pass which leads to a goal. Just like Chris York Alexander Selich wants to develop his physical game a bit more once he has grown into his man body. With a huge frame like his Alexander may be able to rival one of Ace Redding records in terms of hits who knows.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)