Create Account

S44 PT #2 - The Event
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 08:32 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

[Image: tyHMW7K.jpg]

[Image: Wsu5Rte.jpg]

After years of discussion between the SHL and NHL, both organizations have agreed on an inter sport All star game followed by a Futures contest to be played on Christmas Day! Above are the NHL starting line up's for both games which includes 2 defenseman, 3 forwards and a goalie.

Task: Put together a starting line up to represent the SHL!  and if you are in the juniors put together a SMJHL line up to take on the futures! and in 150 words or more talk about your team and the strategy used to create your lineup..  

Why did you pick your players? did you look for stats? players with championship rings? Good league embassadors? bad boys and on ice antagonizers?... or players that you believe in like team mates or friends...and if your bold enough let us know how you think the game will play out!

Graphic: Design an advertisement for either the all-star game or the futures contest. Graphic must have at least 1 player render from the NHL and 1 player render from the SHL. Graphic should have an advertisement title, the date of the tournament (Christmas day) and include the names of the players.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, November 12 at 12PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

Task Code Below:
Code:
Team:

Forward:
Forward:
Forward:
Defense:
Defense:
Goalie:

Synopsis:

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 06:14 PM by 39alaska39.)

Team: SMJHL All-Stars

Forward: Andrew Martin, C   Whalers
Forward: Nicolas Williams, LW  Scarecrows
Forward: Alex Winters, RW  Raptors
Defense: Tauras Karazija, LD  Whalers
Defense: Willie Fisterbottom, RD  Militia
Goalie: Cedric Robinson,  Falcons

Synopsis: Personally, the idea of having an SMJHL All-Star team each year is something that I think should get more traction and momentum, but never does. Here's my take on that team for this season.

Andrew Martin is the top center on what could be debated is the top line in the SMHL this year. An elite scorer with a surprising penchant for picking up assists, his ability to score anywhere on the ice lends his talent well to this all-star squad. 

Nicolas Williams was one of the best players in the SMJHL last season and he has started off strong this season as well. A player with great two way talent as well as the ability to put the puck in the net consistently, Williams would have made the SMJHL All-Star roster if that was a thing last season and he looks to be on pace to do that this season as well. 

Alex Winters, despite his slow start to this season, set himself up well last season with the third best season in Colorado franchise history and a nomination for the Ideen Fallah Trophy for league MVP. He has noted chemistry with Martin, the two forming the best duo in the SMJHL last season before Martin's trade to Vancouver. A playmaker with no fears of scoring, he pais well with Martin and Williams.

Tauras Karazija is looking to follow up his Rookie of the Year campaign last season with top line minutes on the Four Star Cup favorites. Despite not being in the conversation for best defenseman last season (with his teammate Geoff Moore winning the trophy), Karazija will be in that conversation without any doubt this year. A strong puck mover with good minute munching, Karazija should back up this selection easily

Fisterbottom might be the player playing the best on a struggling Montreal team. With 12 blocked shots and only being -3 despite his team being outscored 29-12 during their 0-6-1 start, Fisterbottom has been an small bright spot in the season so far. For the Militia to turn it around this year, Fisterbottom has to continue stepping up and being a successful player.

Cedric Robinson is the top goalie in the SMJHL and his performance to start the season has been impressive at worst and remarkably fantastic at best. A .930 save percentage and 2.28 goals against average answers any and all questions there may be about who the best goalie in the league is. He's the goalie that ever team in the league would love to have backstopping them.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Team: SMJHL All Stars

C: Shouta Aizawa (KEL)
RW: Boris Denisovich  (KEL)
LW: Nicholas Williams  (STL)
Defense: Tauras Karazija (VAN)
Defense: Craig Finley (HAL)
Goalie: Aleister Cain (STL)

Synopsis: 

Having been tasked with choosing who to represent the SMJHL against the young stars or the NHL, I looked at the most recent stats. (The S44 SMJHL preseason) Centering the line will be Kelowna Star Shouta Aizawa. Aizawa recorded 46 points, 34 of which were assists. On the wings are two of the best goal scoring players in the SMJHL, Boris Denisovich of Kelowna and Nicholas Williams of St. Louis. Denisovich scored 22 goals and Williams scored 20 in their respective 50 games. On defense we have Tauras Karazija of Vancouver and Craig Finley of Halifax. Both are key pieces for their teams sucess having scored 42 points for Karazija and 32 points for Finley. In net for the SMJHL will be Aleister Cain of the Scarecrows. I know that based on the Four Star Cup finals, this may seem like a head scratcher, but Cain has consistently shown signs of greatness in his career.

Did I make the right picks? We will soon find out.

Team: SHL

Forward: Terrance Nova
Forward: Oisin Fletcher
Forward: Mike Izzy
Defense: Max Weber
Defense: Alexis Metzler
Goalie: Beaujeaux Biscuit

Synopsis:
This team should be a pain in the arse to beat. The only restriction I put on this team was to ensure that no more than one player came from each team.

For the forwards, I decided to go for 3 of the most aggressive scorers in the league. Terrance Nova is now by far the most important player on Minnesota, and arguably the best all rounder in the league. He can do it all- pass, score, sit in the slot, whatever needs to be done. Oisin Fletcher is probably the best sniper; he's finished up at the top of the league for points very recently, and will be difficult to protect against considering the quality of players feeding him. Mike Izzy is probably the best power forward in the league, and likely to terrify the poor juniors on grounds of the fact that he's both the fastest and hardest checking player on the team- so he'll be the #1 target for any breakaways.

For the defencemen, I chose two players who will complement each other perfectly. Max Weber is the epitome of offensive defenceman; he regularly terrorizes goaltenders with bombs from the blue line, and is a very strong option on the powerplay. He is joined by Alexis Metzler, who is probably the greatest pass-first defender playing right now, and who will be able to both quarterback every play up the ice and brutally punish anyone attempting to play the other way. These two working together will be able to give each other the peace of mind and room to excel in what they're personally truly good at, without needing to cover too hard for each other.

For the goaltender, it was impossible to go past Beaujeax Biscuit, without whom the West Kendall Platoon could not have won a cup in S43.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 11:51 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Forward: Cory Knouse
Forward: Louie Garrett
Forward: Joe Kurczewski
Defense: Ludwig Koch Schroder
Goalie: Jordin FourFour Jr.

Synopsis:
Deciding on a netminder for the SHL was the hardest part of the decision making process, but if all things are equal i believe that FourFour Jr is the most capable of winning a game on the back of his play. The next area of importance was finding a pass first forward to compliment what should be some serious offensive counterparts.. With that i decided on Edmonton super star Cory Knouse. Looked for a shooter next, someone that when the games on the line i want him taking that shot!.. their were some really good choices here.. i really debated Sophia Bennett and Oisen Fletcher but Garrett brings something to the table that the others didnt.. a championship ring. Power Forward was difficult.. Mike Izzy, Dani forsberg and Chris York were all viable options, but i gave the slight edge to Joe K who brings that little added experience as a teams go to guy.. especialy in games of high importance. On Defense Metzler brings everything to the ice.. including some needed grit to keep the NHL all stars honest out there. My last choice is one which im still debating... I went with the LKS and his masterful defenseive play on the ice. A pure defensive defenseman thats great on on the power play and PKM which are attributes that i believe well neeed against impressive NHL line up. LKS also brings 2 more rings to the group. My only worry is if one or 2 of our players struggle.. would a fresh offensive face like Issac Odegard or Jack Tanner a better option? ... Will have to wait until christmas to see if i made the right decision!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Team:

Forward: Jason Visser
Forward: Louie Garrett
Forward: Terrance Nova
Defense: Max Weber
Defense: Jack Tanner
Goalie: Jordin Fourfour Jr.

Synopsis:

It's unquestionable that, right now, these six players are the faces of the league at their respective positions. With Jason Visser coming off of an incredible season where he led the league in scoring by a wide margin, and followed closely by the next two highest scorers on the list, the forward group brings a varied skillset. All three blend a ton of skill and scoring ability with well-rounded two-way games and physicality that would make this trio lethal to anyone trying to stop them. Then, to have two defensemen who put up (or almost put up) point-per-game seasons feeding those forwards the puck while shutting down the opponents is a luxury most would never dream of seeing with their own eyes. Fourfour is capable of carrying a team on his back, just as any of the others in this starting lineup, and it would be no surprise at all if they were to even exceed the matchup the NHL roster would throw at them.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Team: SMJHL

Forward: Alex Winters
Forward: Ola Wagstrom
Forward: Xena
Defense: Tig Murphy
Defense: Charlie Schieck
Goalie: Aleister Cain

It is very obvious on why all of these players are chosen but it is time to dive deeper into each player and determine on why they are there. To start, Alex Winters, one of the best wingers in the juniors, and will likely get called up next season, we will see some greatness in this guy. A person who always likes to pass but is not to shy away from ripping one into the net, Winters is a great choice. The next 2 choices are going to be off the wall a little, as S43 had such a good class, some people forget that S44 is also very good. Ola Wagstrom and Xena are arguably some of the best forwards in that draft class, and for good reason. Even though they havent played that much in the juniors yet, their skill is obvious and their TPE gain is insane as well. For Defense you cant say Junior defense without Tig Murphy, the best defender out of the S43 class and is destined for greatness. Then Charlie Scheick for S42 should be up in the SHL but he opted to stay 1 more season in order to develop even more, and he will be joined with the likes of Luke Thomason, Tig Muprhy, and Hippo Passamus who are also very high in TPE and hype.

and finally for the Goalie we have Aleister Cain aka Swiss Cheese aka lil tums. He is one of the best goalies selected in the S40's so far and should be a star in Edmonton as they struggle with their curse.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Team:

Forward: Chris York
Forward: Oisin Fletcher
Goalie: Beauxjeaux Biscuit

Synopsis:

Chris York makes the starting lineup because he's been among the best players in the SHL for the last handful of seasons. He's one of the best 2 way players and can take over a game all by himself. Visser makes it for very similar reasons in that he has overtaken York for best player in the SHL. He plays a complete game and is an absolute force on the score sheet. Fletcher has finally come into his own and broke out the last couple of seasons. All the talent in the world and is moving into the elite of the SHL.

On defense, Tanner and Metzler have been two of the best defenders for the last few seasons. Tanner is a goal scoring machine from the back end and Metzler is a 2 way beast back there.

Biscuit gets the nod in net because of his consistent play and for the outstanding playoff run he just had.

(158 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 02:17 AM by CptSquall.)

Forward: Sophia Bennett  Panthers
Forward: Alex Light  Platoon
Forward: Mike Izzy  Dragons
Defense: Max Weber  Jets
Defense: Alexis Metzler  Stampede
Goalie: Jordin FourFour Jr.  Stampede

Synopsis:

So this is a question that can be answered in SO MANY ways, that it is hard to see a wrong one. I tried to just go by stats, but I don't feel you can. I am old school, my forward line combos are usually shooting, passing, intense. Sophia Bennett is a classic sniper, someone who is not afraid to pull the trigger and is absolutely lethal with her shot. Alex light is someone I have had the pleasure of playing with and is a wonderful, pass first, two way player. Importantly he is great in the faceoff dot. They say possession is 9/10ths of the law and our team is going to want it. Well I have the pass, and the shoot, here comes The Augment Mike Izzy with the intensity. I pick him because I know he has some chemistry with Alex Light, is fast as he is always racing around the ice, and plays in a take no prisoners manner that could give the SHL the edge over the NHL, particularly lining up against McDavid, Kucherov, and Hall. On the back end I started with a regular top of the board scoring defender. Max Weber is ALWAYS a threat to clap bombs and knows how to feed a pass too. Alexis Metzler joins him on that blueline in a more defensive and pass first roll. You have got to have a complete defenseman at the top end of the level and this ALL American gets the job done. In net is yet another guy I have been on a team with in Jordin FourFour Jr. Guy is up there with many of the better goalies on the ice and would have a great game as he would be confidant playing behind guys he has played with before in Mike Izzy and Alexis Metzler.

Boldly, I think we would do well. I tried to take some of the SHL's ridiculously large amount of talent and took a multi faceted approach. Izzy is the most Physical guy on the ice between BOTH squads, a guy who would be scary on the forecheck and I feel that could get younger guys like McDavid and Hall off their game, wearing down McDavid and Kucherov is HIGH priority and having Izzy up front and Metzler at the back, those two are going to feel like they are skating through mud by the 3rd. Sophia is our Kucherov on the offensive department, wicked wristers, slick snappers, and back breaking backhands for days. Weber is a guy who has been at the top of his game as far as offensive quarterbacking and has, arguably more offensive upside than Doughty or Hedman. Metzler is also a good mirror image of Hedman. In net Rinne has been around the block and seen it all, but he is coming into a game with guys he does NOT spend time playing with and, with no practices of any significance to prepare, this old dog might not be able to learn a new system. FourFour isn't as old and, I feel the comfortability with having guys he has worked with will help him to be ready and focused on the game, allowing him to play to his full potential. Boldly, boldly, I say team SHL gets it done 4-2.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 02:27 AM by Mack.)

Team: SMJHL Futures

Forward:Bernard Freeman - STL Scarecrows
Forward:Boris Denisovich - KEL Knights
Forward:Kevin Kazarian - MTL Militia
Defense: Tauras Karazija  - VAN Whalers
Defense: Poopity Scoop - DET Falcons
Goalie: Scottey Crawfling - COL Raptors

Synopsis:

I wanted to pick at most one player from each team. I think they will all have long careers so they are stars worth getting to know now. So to start off we have Bernard Freeman and what else could a man want in life than to be free? Bernard is on St. Louis and they just finished a pretty dominate but irrelevant in the long run, preseason. He will be a big factor in their success this year and in Edmonton's for years to come. Next we have from Kelowna Boris Denisovich who is just is a household name in the SMJHL now and we all expect him to be leading the charge for the Knights this year. Kevin Kazarian at center I think is an amazing choice, this guy is a great teammate of mine in juniors and always makes things happen on the ice. Tauras Karazija from the Four Star Cup winning Vancouver Whalers is one of the best players in the league and I know Edmonton drafted a long term player here. Poopity Scoop lead his team in assists this preseason and as a defenseman he is just great at making something out of nothing. Poopity Scoop is ready to become a household name. Children everywhere will be wanting Scoop jerseys by Christmas. In net we have Scottey Crawfling who is going to be relied on heavily by Colorado this year to try and make the playoffs. He has a bright future in the SHL and this will be a great chance to put him on display.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

[Image: theeven.png]

Team: SHL Future!

Forward: Ola Wagstrom
Forward: Dank Boija
Forward: Andrew Martin
Defense: Sachimo Zoidberg Jr
Goalie: Johannes Leitner

Synopsis:
This team represents the best SMJHL has to offer. In the attack, we have 2 really good snipers and 1 passer who hits hard. In defense, we have Tig Murphy whose the best defender in the league as of now and Sachimo Zoidberg Jr whose up there as well. Both have really good shot and Murphy having a really good pass to feed the snipers in the front. The goalie was a hard choice. There are 3 goalies in the league that are all equally good. Cedrick Robinson, Benjamin Blue and Johannes Leitner. I decided to go with Leitner since he had the biggest save% of the 3. You may think "Oh there are 3 Falcons players you are so biased" but in my honest opinion Falcons has the best Offensive lineup for the upcoming season. If King and Jax didn't get called up they would be in the team 100% replacing Ola and Dank.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Forward: Tigole Bitties
Forward: Mike Izzy
Defense: Connor Tanner
Goalie: Jordin FourFour Jr.

I’m putting together an all-star roster to take on the NHL all stars. We’re talking skill, muscle, all of it. On left wing, selfishly, Tigole Bitties. Bitties has had a great start to the year and brings a strong offensive and two way presence to the ice. Jason Visser will be the guy in the middle. He’s another sniper with a very similar build to what Bitties has out there, but lacks the physical component. Mike Izzy will man the other wing alongside Visser and Bitties. These three will create all the space they need out there against the likes of McDavid, Doughty and Hedman. On the blue line, we’re going to have some studs. Connor Tanner and Jack Tanner combine the best of two worlds, smooth skating, heady defensive positioning and incredibly intelligent puck moving abilities. Finally, the anchor of it all, goaltending. He may not be the highest TPE netminder, but simply due to pedigree, I have to go with FourFour.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Team:

Forward:
Forward:
Forward:
Defense:
Defense:
Goalie:

Synopsis:

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Team; SMJHL

Forward: Xena
Forward: Olga Wagstrom
Forward: Alex Winters
Defense: Sachimo Zoidberg Jr.
Goalie: Cedric Robinson

From the moment these players entered the league they've been stars for their junior league clubs. Xena already boasts an astounding 398 TPE topping players who have been in the minors for a few seasons. Her build pushes her over her fellow players at the same position. Olga Wagstrom is another player who has dedicated himself to be better than pretty much everyone else in the league. Going 2OA to WPG in this past draft Olga has shown a lot in his small sample size of games with Detroit. Next we have Alex Winters. Alex shows he has the size and skill to be an instant elite player in the SHL. With his 537 TPE level he is among the top earners in his class. Our first defenseman Tig Murphy has been a staple for the Falcons since day 1. Showing promise in both offense and defense he can be a key piece to the Steelhawks future. Next we feature Sachimo Joidberg Jr. a defenseman much like Tig who can control the blue line with not only his skill on defense but his ability to quaterback the power play. Zoidberg should pan out to be the Rages' #1 or #2 guy shortly. And last but not least another star Falcons player is goalie Cedric Robinson. His huge size hasn't slowed him down in net yet as he continually robs even the best shooters night after night. Robinson looks to be Buffalo's future starter