Team: SHL

Forward: Chris York
Forward: Jason Visser
Forward: Joe Kurczewski
Defense: Alexis Metzler
Defense: Zander Rhys
Goalie: Jordin Fourfour Jr.

Synopsis:

The basic strategy for selecting this roster of SHL all stars to face today’s NHL superstar was to take players that perform at a high level for the last few seasons.

On the forward side, Chris York has been carrying the North Stars for the last few seasons and missed on a few MVP trophy, because the North Stars couldn’t make the playoffs. The S39 draft class coming to maturity might help him get this trophy in the next few seasons. Jason Visser has an incredible three seasons with more than 70 points and two of these came out in the last three seasons which got him a spot on this team. Kurczewski playoff performances earn him a spot on this team, because having a player that comes out big in the most crucial occasions would be helpful to be the opposing team.

The defense was selected to have two defensemen that would complete each other nicely. Rhys, an offensive defenseman with Metzler who is a more physical one was the best matchup I could come up with.

Finally, Fourfour was chosen as the goaltender because I believe he is currently the best goalie in the SHL, even if he doesn’t have the same experience has the other players on this team.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Team: Panthers Greats

Forward: Kaapo Kekkonen Panthers
Forward: Matthew Auston Panthers
Forward: Sophia Bennett Panthers
Defense: Chris Crutchfield Panthers
Defense: Fredrik Wastlund Panthers
Goalie: Jackson Weekes Panthers

Synopsis: Tried to mix up the present and the past on this (while also choosing my friends lol). I think that Weekes is without a doubt the greatest goalie that the Panthers have ever had, and Wastlund - Crutchfield would have been a dynamite d pairing. Kekkonen with Auston and Bennett up front would be an elite line that would easily put up 60-70 points each a season. I think the potential from this lineup would be absolutely insane and easily something that people would come together to watch them play against an NHL best-of team. Even though Wastlune, Crutchfield, Kekkonen and Weekes are all retired, I'm willing to bed they could still give the young guns a run for their money.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Welfare claim (PBE)
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 01:41 PM by ErM.)

Team: Blozzard BUddies

Forward: Oisin Fletcher
Forward: Cory Knouse
Forward: Teddy Cuddles
Defense: Tor Tuck
Defense: Connor Tanner
Goalie: Tommy Tuck

Synopsis:
Well this was an easy one. A lot of people are taking the approach that teams are going to need to field a bunch of all stars to be competitive buy everyone knows that is not how you are going to sustain long term success. By the time the playoffs roll around all of these diva all star players are going to be at each other’s throats fighting over who gets to take the game winning shots and who gets to shoot first in the penalty shots.

I decided to go with a team build on some great chemistry and nothing else. What would be more successful than having a bunch of your buds on the ice playing hockey with you against a team of strangers that do not get along? I think the end result would be a bunch of wins, but also a bunch of fun hockey that the fans would enjoy and see what is really important in the SHL: friends and fun. The biggest problem for the Blozzard Buddies is that there are enough buddies to fill out more than a second line at every position!

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Synopsis: This game is a great opportunity to grow the SHL brand globally. To do so I picked 6 players from 6 different teams,  I want to represent as many SHL teams as possible to try and show case as many new teams, and hopefully get new fans tuning in to watch many different SHL teams. Next I wanted to appeal to a range of fans from different countriers, so I picked 6 players from 6 different nations. The SHL has such diverse rosters I wanted to show case that. Lastly I wanted players with personality, those who will grab attention and keep it.

Forward: Mike Izzy Dragons & Austria
Forward: Jason Visser Jets & Usa
Forward: Robert Phelps Steelhawks & Canada
Defense: Jack Tanner pride & Ireland
Defense: Zander Rhys Stars & Germany
Goalie: Tommy Tuck Blizzard & norway

Gives a good luck at the prime talent of the SHL, highlights many teams and many countries and has a group with personality and class.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 02:48 PM by hockeyfan.)

Team: SHL

Forward: Conklin Owen Renegades
Forward: Vasily Horvat Renegades
Forward: Logan Jensen Renegades
Defense: The Dude Renegades
Defense: Liam O'Callaghan Renegades
Goalie: Walter Hobbs Renegades

Synopsis: Who would be better to play a team full of NHL superstars than the 5 top players on the Texas Renegades. This was a tough decision to make, as there are quite a few forwards and defensemen that Texas have who could play and utterly dominate the NHL. The defense is delicious. The Dude and Liam O'Callaghan, although playing on different defense partners right now, likely have tremendous chemistry to not only shut down the opposition, but lead the scoring charge as well. Walter Hobbs is a brick wall (let's not look at the first 2 games of the regular season for this though) and the team has full confidence in him. Sure, the offense isn't the three flashiest guys in the league, and they may not be at the top of the point leaders every year, but they care so much about each other that they'll put their bodies on the line for the W in a charity All-Star game.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:42 AM by Raven.)

Quote:Task: Put together a starting line up to represent the SHL!  and if you are in the juniors put together a SMJHL line up to take on the futures! and in 150 words or more talk about your team and the strategy used to create your lineup..  

Why did you pick your players? did you look for stats? players with championship rings? Good league embassadors? bad boys and on ice antagonizers?... or players that you believe in like team mates or friends...and if your bold enough let us know how you think the game will play out!

Team: Team SHL

Forward: Elias Pettersson - Vaxjo Lakers
Forward: Ryan Lasch - Frölunda HIC
Forward: Victor Olofsson - Frölunda HIC
Defense: Lawrence Pilut - HV71 Jönköping
Defense: Joel Persson - Växjö Lakers
Goalie: Adam Reideborn - Djurgårdens IF

Synopsis:

Here we see a nice mixture of the finest that the SHL as to offer. We see two players from Vaxjo Lakers, who would win last seasons SHL playoffs. Elias Pettersson is an absolutely phenominal youngster in the SHL and lead the league in points last season as a rookie. Ryan Lasch was the assist guy and lead the league in them, he will be looking to set up Victor Olofsson for some sweet goals with Olofsson leading the SHL in goals last season. On defense we have the two best defenseman last season with Pilut being the goal and point leader for defenseman and Persson being the defensemen with the second highest points. Between the pipes we have absolutely legend Reideborn who rocked an absolutely amazing 1.58 average goals against rating together with a .937 save percentage in 30 games played. Add two shutouts and an assists to that and you have the best goalie the SHL has to offer.

This is a solid mixture of veteran leadership and youngesters playing together to rep the SHL.

Welfair claim NSFL

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Team:

Forward: Jason Visser
Forward: Louie Garrett
Forward: Terrance Nova
Defense: Max Weber
Defense: Jack Tanner
Goalie: Michael McFadden

Synopsis: Simply put I assembled the team with the biggest star power. Jason Visser is the top scorer from last season and teaming up with him would be Louie Garrett and Terrance Nova. These three forwards were the top three scorers from last year and if we want goals, this is the way we're going to get them. On the blueline I went with a great veteran in Max Weber and Jack Tanner who is hitting his stride and becoming one of the best defensemen in the league. This way we can shutdown the NHL stars and also go the other way and pot some goals ourselves. In between the pipes I put the old reliable goalie in Michael McFadden. It seems he has been around forever and his statistics prove he is one of the leagues best goaltenders still. This is a star studded cast that should see their fair share of points and hopefully they can shutdown the NHL superstars.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 12:23 PM by goilers.)

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=158741

NSFL PT

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Team: Halifax All Star Team (SMJHL)

Forward: Kristof Kovacs  raiders
Forward: Oliver Kovacs  raiders
Forward: Vince Rieper  raiders
Defense:Maximilian Egger  raiders
Defense: Craig Finley  raiders
Goalie: Nathan Cosco  raiders

Synopsis:

I choose this team not only because I think the Halifax Raiders are poised for glory this coming year but when you look and each player and how the play together its a lot of fire power. When you look at the forward group which includes the Kovacs brothers you know that the chemistry will be unreal. And Rieper only reps the benefits of that. When you look at the production this line had last year its no doubt that they were one of the best offensive lines put out on the ice day in and day out. The line accounted for 51 goals for, added 82 helpers for a total of 133 points in 50 games played together for an average 2.66 points per game. On the Defensive side you have two players coming off breakout years. The pair had a combined 20 goals and 41 assists for a total 61 points threw 50 games played for an average 1.22 points per game. Both players were on the positive side of things posting a +/- of +11 and +10. When you look at a team you need a good goalie and that's where Cosco comes in to play. He hasn't had a lot of playing time but when you add in the fact that hes a zombie goalie you know that he wont let emotions get the best of him.

310 words

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

Team: Fuck Your Holiday Break

Forward: Tigole Bitties Wolfpack
Forward: Dakota Reid pride
Forward: Joseph Lombardi Riot
Defense: Daniel Karlsson Renegades
Defense: Brady McIntyre Blizzard
Goalie: Beaujeaux Biscuit Platoon

Synopsis:
An All-Star game on Christmas Day, what monster are you? Why do you force these players to entertain you on a day that is meant to be with family and enjoy each others company? Whatever, whats done is done and we have to send some fucks out there. So who do we send? Well, we send the least liked players on every team, the guys that earned coal in their stockings or socks for presents. The real rude boys, the guys that shouldn't be allowed to spend time with their families during the holiday/winter break. Keeping it fair, I only picked one player from each team, because it'd be too easy to send the top lines for one team. Rag tag as they are, they aren't an awful team. This group of 6 could easily take on any of the top lines from the NHL or SHL. Tough bunch, that can grind and score. Fuck this game though, schedule it during the summer or something instead of during the holidays your heartless bastards.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 09:28 PM by StamkosFan.)

Team: SMJHL All-Stars

Forward: Tony Pepperoni (COL)
Forward: Carlo Russo (VAN)
Forward: Vladislav Konstantin (KEL)
Defense: Karl Von Wittelsbach (ANC)
Defense: Gordie Maple (STL)
Goalie: Cedric Robinson (DET)

Synopsis: I picked early stats leaders for SMJHL S44, trying to pick a player from a different team for each slot; unfortunately, there weren't enough to represent Montreal and Halifax. The goaltending slot was the easiest choice, as Robinson is miles apart from any other netminder early. His 0.939 save percentage is incredible!

On to forwards. Tony Pepperoni on Colorado is third in scoring for left wings, with one less game played than the two ahead of him, so it seemed safe to usher him in. Carlo Russo for Vancouver is second in right wings, only behind sophomore Franz Cooper, but Cooper has no goals scored while Russo does, so Russo seemed like a good pick. Vladislav Konstantin played such big minutes for Kelowna last year, and was a leader among forward for juniors. He is 7th with 2 points, but has only one game played compared to most of the players who have 3, or at least 2 games played. He is a lock to rank top 5 in points this year.

And defensemen. Von Wittelsbach is leading defensemen in points with only 2 games played, so he was the obvious selection. Gordie Maple is also tied with him for points lead, also with 2 games played, and since he was on a team that hadn't been represented yet, he made the cut. Maple is only behind Franz Cooper, a forward with one more game played, for assists lead in the league.

This team may be young, but make no mistake; they can give even the best of veterans a run for their money.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Team: The Woofpack Refuges

Forward: Piotr Czerkawski
Forward: Manuel Gotze (technically still on a team)
Defense: Toivo Kosonen
Defense: Spitfire
Goalie: Julian O'Sullivan

Synopsis:
What a team that could be! Other than aforementioned Gotze every other player played in New England last season, but due to unforeseen management change they were forced out and play for other teams (Fletcher and Czerkawski in Edmonton, Kosonen in Los Angeles and Spitfire in the Winnipeg - Julian O'Sullivan to my knowledge faded back completely and lost interest in the league altogether) - was it really a good move to bring outside GM, highly disliked both in and outside of the team, basically killing activity of some people in the league instead of raising it, which should be paramount for every management position in the league. But back to the team - they have a great chemistry playing together in the past and an equally good mix of archetypes that is able to overwhelm any combination of opponents that NHL would like to throw at them. And after they win you can be sure they would throw a party for the ages!

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 08:40 AM by bluesfan55.)

Team: Irish Stars

Forward: Joseph Lombardi
Forward: Roman Augustus
Defense: Jack Tanner
Defense: Liam O’Callaghan
Goalie: Beaujeaux Biscuit

Synopsis: While most people would think that a team of SHL stars would be tabbed to play against the best of the NHL, I beg to differ. They wouldn’t have enough chemistry with each other and probably would get crushed. As such, I’ve come up with the SHL team being 6 of Ireland’s best. Ireland have won the IIHF Gold Medal for two years straight, and don’t show signs of stopping. I picked Lombardi, Augustus, and Fletcher to be the forwards because they’re close friends. They’re all S36 players, and Lombardi and Augustus played together in the SMJHL with St. Louis. O’Callaghan and Tanner are Ireland’s number one defensive pairing, and they’re both studs both defensively and going forward. Finally, Beaujeaux Biscuit, Ireland’s number one and the starting goalie for the reigning Challenge Cup Champion West Kendall Platoon, plays in net. If this group can get it done internationally, then I’d bet that they could beat the best of the NHL.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Team: Whale of a Time

Forward: Corey Bearss
Forward: Jon Ross
Forward: Conklin Owen
Defense: Adam Kaiser
Defense: Ludwig Koch Schroder
Goalie: The Corpse of Timo Haas

Synopsis: Bringing back a member from the dead and a whole lot of walkers to help aid the aging line up, we have the S30-31 Whalers reunited for an alumni skate of sheer dominance that the league has never seen before.

The team brings cup rings galore and trophies to match them as well. Timo Haas's corpse is strung up in net by some sturdy ropes and manned by a master puppeteer from the rafters. The team lines up against the NHL all stars, expecting a regular all star worthy game. Well unfortunately for the NHL stars who came to sip on mojitos and sign autographs with their copy/paste blond wives the SHL players come out to make a name for themselves. The physical play of Kaiser, the no holds bar slap shots of LKS, mixed with the relentless attack of the forward group catches them off guard and the SHL players get out to an early lead. The NHL team does wake up to some extent, but it's not enough as the SHL team was already in 6th gear, while the NHL team was trying to work out of the 3rd still. It's a land slide victory.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]