S44 PT #2 - The Event

Team: SHL Stars

Forward: Mike Izzy
Forward: Louie Garrett
Forward: Dani Forsberg
Defense: Jack Tanner
Defense: The Dude
Goalie: Michael McFadden

Synopsis: All right so there were some selections on this list that were very easy to make and some that were not so easy. The first pick I went for was my center to build the offense around. I went with Mike Izzy of the Calgary Dragons. He is currently leading the league in points for centers and hits like a freakin freight train. He definitely brings a little bit of a nasty edge to compliment his scoring ability. Next I decided to well... pick myself. Garrett has consistently been one of the better scoring wingers over the last couple of seasons and the beginning of this season looks no different (as at the time of writing this) he is leading the league in points and goals. The last winger I went with was Dani Forsberg of West Kendall. Similarly to Izzy, Forsberg brings a lot of grit onto the ice with his nice scoring touch, hard to argue with a team that can score in buckets and put a hurt on you while doing it. In terms of defense I went with Tanner and The Dude, 2 high skill defensemen. Since I had so much grit with the forwards, I went with skill guys on the blue line and they add quite a bit of fire power. Our PP would be deadly for sure. Last I went with McFadden between the pipes. This was the toughest decision for me. I honestly think that there are probably better goalies out there right now, but he is off to an incredibly hot start with Toronto and has a nice SHL pedigree to back it up.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

NSFL PT

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Team: SHL

Forward: Jason Visser
Forward: Joe Kurcezwski
Defense: Finn Kruger
Defense: Alexis Metzler
Goalie: Beaujeaux Biscuit

ok to be perfectly honest I disagree with the NHL star list I mean no EK no Crosby no Ovi wtf

but enough about that. Visser was chosen for this team, because, frankly, the mans a beast. He can skate faster, he can puckhandle better, and he can shoot better than almost anyone except his teammates here because this team is stupid stacked. Joe K brings many of the same attributes to the table, making for a deadly one-two punch as hedman and doughty have to be ready for a breakout coming from either of them. Izzy is a physical presence as well as a defensive one, but remains disciplined none the less. Even if this team were to go on the PK, they'd probably be fine with Metzler and Kruger on the backend, both excellent defensive players and playmakers who can easily quarterback the play for the snipers up front.
And of course Beaujeaux is a wall.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Team:
Forward: Chris York
Forward: Reginald Rove
Goalie: Beauxjeaux Biscuit

York and Visser are the most obvious options when competing with the NHL's all-star class. The two have been the best all-around players in recent history in the SHL, with both topping the 70-point mark and being the focal points of their teams much like Connor McDavid and Taylor Hall have been in Edmonton and New Jersey. York has been heavily relied upon in Toronto to the point that you could argue fatigue as the reason he may need to be sat out, but in a one off contest, there isn't going to be many better. Visser of course always elevates the games of those around him to an all-star level and is the type of player that can give that little boost needed to maintain possession and get through. Finally, Rove is a battler who is more defensively sound and focuses on passing off to the others. When you have dominant personalities like York and Visser, it'll be great to have a player that can play a little back as the second wave of attack as well as play off the puck well in support of the big guns.

Speaking of playing back, Tanner and Metzler are fantastic options on defense. Metzler is one who can drive the attack himself, joining the rush and rotating with the wing. He's a physical player, and is the type who will drive the puck free and be dominating around his own net to maintain a clear space for our goaltender's vision and saves. Meanwhile, Tanner is more of an attacker in the defensive zone while leaning back in the offensive zone. He'll threaten a puck carrier well, can strip them without the physicality and is always staying in front of them like a second goaltender playing far more aggressively. He'll stun forwards and create blocks into turnovers to break the offense wide open.

Finally, Beaujeaux Biscuit has been the best goaltender in the SHL the past couple of seasons. With two Challenge Cup victories under his belt as well as multiple fantastic runs in the regular season at the top of the leaderboards every season, he's the easiest goaltender selection to make. He's started off well again in S44, and seems primed to hold this top spot for a long time.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

SHL All-stars

C: Mike Izzy
LW: Dani Forsberg
RW: Louie Garrett
D: Alexis Metzler
D: Finn Kruger
G: Michael McFadden

Mike Izzy, in my opinion, is the prototypical center of the SHL right now. After a nearly Point-per-Game season last year, Izzy is off to a fiery start so far, and may finally have that big breakout season.

Left Wing is tricky, as there are a lot of great candidates here. I'm going to go with Dani Forsberg, as he has had a pretty good start to the season and did just as well last season, being an integral part of the Platoon's cup run.

Right Wing, to me, is an easy win for Louie Garrett. The man hard-carried the Riot to the playoffs last season and looks like he's going to do it again. Fantastic player.

Defense was tough. Metzler has to get a spot, since he is completely killing the league right now, and was just as good last year. Kruger and Odegaard, are, in my opinion, very close, so I'm going to with the homer pick because I think Kruger provides more actual defense.

Goalie could be literally anyone because its a horrible position. I'm going to go with the legacy option over Moreau and Beaujeaux.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Team: SHL
Defense: Max Weber
Goalie: Beaujeaux Biscuit

Synopsis: The thought behind this team was to build one of the best all-around teams with the offense consisting of the two most productive offensive performers last season and one of the best two-way forwards in the league. Jason Visser has been a monster in the SHL with who has had multiple 70+ points season including this past season. Louie Garretts Season 43 earned his spot on this rooster, last season Garrett had 62 points fairly evenly distributed between his 28 goals and 34 assists. Mike Izzy rounds out this offense, being one power forward in the league, and will bring a physical presence for the offense. The most recent Scott Stevens Award winner Max Weber was the first defensemen selected to the team followed by the second most recent winner of the Scott Stevens Award Alexis Metzler. This defense pairing, should prove to be impenetrable to NHL players. When it comes to this teams goaltending how could it not be Beaujeax Biscuit, after that amazing playoff and finals run this past season.

Words~172

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Team:

Forward: Chris York
Forward: Joe Kurczewski
Goalie: Michael McFadden

Synopsis:
In order to match up with the stars of the NHL, we have to bring some of the best players in recent history for the Simulation Hockey League. Mike Izzy has been a rising star for a while now but it looks like this will certainly be his season as he currently leads the NHL in points and is point per game. Chris York just a few seasons ago was attempting to break long standing records for points and was one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen while playing for Toronto. Joe Kurczewski is one of the most consistent scorers in the SHL and has almost always been ranked in the top ten in the league for points. Alexis Metzler has been a top defender and a keystone for the Buffalo Stampede to make some waves in the SHL. He's 2nd in the league for points, can play tons of minutes, hit, block shots, score, he does it all. Jack Tanner is another defenseman similar to Metzler playing for the Pride as their keystone defenseman. He's one of the premier shotblockers in the league and knows how to play in his own end. Finally in goal, we have Michael McFadden who has been a legacy goalie for several years now. He's moved around a fair bit but every team he's been on, he's been regarded as that "championship potential" goalie that a team needs.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 04:23 PM by gaby.)

Team: Better than the NHL

Forward: Joe Kurczweski
Defense: Finn Kruger
Defense: Sami Owens
Goalie: Arthom Zhumbayev

Synopsis: This game will be huge to prove to the hockey fans around the world that the SHL is indeed the better league. As they post their line up first, I'm only focusing to try to counter them with 5 guys on paper I believe will give us the better odds to win. They went with smaller speedy forwards with great hands and scoring abilities but rather weak defensilely.

My center would be Mike Izzy, a physical powerforward with 99 skating to keep up the pace and 99 defense to neutralise McDavid. One of my wingers would be Joe Kurczweski. They sent 3 forwards on all different teams and we all know chemistry is really important, the main reason behind this choice. He's also an another big body with great finishing skills. The last forward spot goes to one of their former teammate Dani Forsberg, a guy who skates like the wind and hits like a train with amazing vision

For my defensemen, I'll go with 2 guys who played together for a long time and are great skaters with a good first pass and are studs defensively. Those 2 would be Finn Kruger and Sami Owens of the Hamilton Steelhawks. In net, I just want a goalie who is used to play behind stack teams and not getting many shots. Can't find a better candidate than Arthom Zhumbayev

Team: SHL Stars

C - Jason Visser
LW - Mike Izzy
RW - Sophia Benett
D - Alexis Metzler
D - Finn Kruger
G - Jordan FourFour Jr.

Synopsis: When the two top hockey leagues in the world face off, they're both going to be bringing in their best players to represent the leagues and I did just that with this lineup. The cream of the crop in the SHL. Jason Visser, Mike Izzy, Sophia Benett, the list goes on. This is the top talent the SHL has to offer. Visser with the great puckhandling can easily sauce shots to Sophia who will snipe anything into the other team's net. You got Mike Izzy, the bruiser who can also score. On top of that in the back end you have a top goalie in Jordan FourFour Jr. On top of that, Kruger and Metzler are both top defenseman who are great offensively and defensively. This list was full of no brainers. This is a great team.

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: PT-2.jpg]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

[Image: hunter1.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Team: "Up-and-Coming Stars"

Forward: Vladislav Konstantin
Forward: Noah Nowes
Forward: Kristof Kovacs
Defense: Tauras Karazija
Defense: Scott Niedermayer Jr.
Goalie: Cedric Robinson

Synopsis: This is a team put together of the highest scoring players in the SMJHL, ready to take on whoever comes their way. Vladislav Konstantin comes to the team from Kelowna, leading the entirety of the SMJHL right now in goals, meaning he's going to light up whatever goalie is put in his way. Noah Nowes of the Whalers will be alongside him, #2 in the league at the moment in goals. Of course with two snipers you'll want a playmaker, and that's where Halifax's Kristof Kovacs comes into the picture. Watch out for this lethal forward line.

On the blue line we've got Tauras Karazija of the Vancouver Whalers, the current league leader in assists. He's going to be setting up Konstantin for those highlight reel goals. Alongside him will be Kelowna's Scott Niedermayer Jr, whose five goals put him first amongst defenders.

Not that goaltending really matters in all-star type games, but we're going with Detroit's Cedric Robinson, whose league-leading save percentage probably won't matter since this is, after all, an all-star game. But hey, he's good at his job so maybe it'll go well.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Team:

Forward: Terrance Nova
Defense: Max Weber
Goalie: Jordin Fourfour Jr.

Synopsis:

These are probably the best six players in the SHL that you could put together on a team. Each and every one of them have proven themselves time and time again. As far as I can remember Jason Visser has been one of the most dominant players in the league. Terrance Nova has arguably been number 2 since in my time with the league and with Garrett closing out the forward corps opposing goalies will be dreading this lineup. Weber and Tanner are both solid on D and will make Fourfour's life pretty easy, not that he really needs it. He's a brick wall with leg pads. This team can take on any other lineup in the league and I feel it would be pretty easy. Maybe someday they will team up and form a super team, for the leagues sake, however, let's hope not.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Put together a starting line up to represent the SHL! and if you are in the juniors put together a SMJHL line up to take on the futures! and in 150 words or more talk about your team and the strategy used to create your lineup..

Why did you pick your players? did you look for stats? players with championship rings? Good league embassadors? bad boys and on ice antagonizers?... or players that you believe in like team mates or friends...and if your bold enough let us know how you think the game will play out!

Team:

Forward: Tigole Bitties
Defense: Isak Ødegård
Goalie: Cedric Moreau

Synopsis: We know the NHL is going to put a bunch of pussies in their lineup, so I wanted to add some grit. Mike Izzy is tied for league scoring with 20 points and is a steady and hard hitter with 55 hits. Izzy is also a tremendous center, winning over 54% of his faceoffs and carrying the top line in Calgary. Forsberg leads all players with 74 hits, but also has plenty of skill, racking up 8 goals and 15 points., which also goes with the physical play I want to implement. Lastly, I picked Tigole Bitties from the Wolfpack. He's another solid center that we can play on the wing, which gives us versatility. He also leads the league with 10 goals and is another big hitter. Importantly, his 10 goals and 18 points are all from even strength play, which is important since I feel our physical play will lead to biased reffing, so we can't rely on powerplays to score.

For defense, Alexis Metzler is the perfect pick. Metzler is tied for league scoring with Izzy, and has a dynamite 4 goals and 7 points on the powerplay. Metlzer also plays a solid game away from the puck, and is also among league leaders with 56 hits. The perfect partner for him is Isak Ødegård from the Chiefs. Isak is also producing at a solid pace, with a 7-7-14 stat line. Although he isn't a big hitter, his 31 hits are still a solid amount, but that's not his role on our team. I want him for his great shot blocking, as he is 2nd in the league with 33 blocks, which will be handy on the penalty kill and late in the game.

In net, I'm choosing Cedric Moreau. He leads the league with a great .930 save % and is second in GAA with a 2.38 GAA. The thing I like about him, is that he faces around 34 shots per game, so he can hold the fort against a strong NHL team.

Result: In a tough matchup, the SHL grinds out a 4-3 win, relying on an aggressive forecheck, a stingy penalty kill, and timely saves by Moreau.