Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Failed Promotions

The S43 Armada presented Pond hockey appreciation night to celebrate outdoor hockey in the area. Unfortunately most of the fans left the game in the 1st to watch the pond hockey tournament going on outside for the promotion. The Armada attempted to enter the tournament but we're denied due to low talent level.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 05:25 AM by Mayuu.)

S43 SMJHL

Scarecrows  COME JOIN THE CELEBRATION OF 3 ALTERNATE CAPTAIN CAIN  Scarecrows

With the all the captains in place, there's sure to be no scandals among the Crows, please enjoy free Izzy dogs during the upcoming week when Cain protects the net

RETIRED

S32: Halifax

Coming hot off a Four Star cup win, the Halifax Raiders had a great core of players looking to compete and come back and take the Cup for a back to back year. Looking at who they had, they decide to promote their young stars with Niklas Flowers as the forefront. It seemed like a safe call to bring in this jovial Maritimer who was close to home and promote him on everything. Free Flowers t-shirt night, Flowers bobblehead night, Flowers facepainting. The sky was the limit and they were looking to make this player develop his own brand to help grow the team all around the Maritimes.

After all the setup, the pictures, the advertisements, Flowers just stopped showing up to anything other than the games. Practices? Gone. Training Camp? Where's Flower? Sure he was scoring goals and getting assists, but Flowers just ghosted on the team and left them in the lurch after spending all that money on advertising. Fans began to revolt, and on Flowers Face Hockey Puck night, all hell broke loose. Upon seeing him take the ice in warmup, fans revolted on Flowers and pelted him, the team, and management with the pucks. What was meant to be a promotion to bring people closer to the team, brought a divide within the community. After that, Flowers was quickly relegated to a quiet role. Some say that after the Raiders, Flowers got plastic surgery and re-entered the SMJHL draft and is among the players today. But I, Jeff Brogen, say that that is absolutely absurd, and that no one would ever be able to prove it.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

The S38 Edmonton Blizzard hosted a "Medicine Turn-In Event", but all it resulted in was an arena full of people with spare painkillers and Ritalin that they decided to sell to their fellow fans rather than turn into the proper authorities for disposal. That crowd was interesting, to say the least.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

S33 The New England Wolfpack thought it would be a great idea to allow people to bring their pets to the game. Some guy brought a bob cat and it had gotten loose and chased a Golden Retriever out onto the ice, which then caused about 100 dogs to start barking making the noise in the rink deafening. Then pandemonium ensued when people tried racing out of the place thinking the bob cat would attack their pets. The stands were covered in dog, cat and parrot feces and no one could use the ice for 2 weeks due to health code violations.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 11:57 AM by Eggy216.)

Wolfpack NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK HOST DAKOTA REID BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT Wolfpack

In S38, after acquiring Dakota Reid in a trade, the New England Wolfpack were excited about the future, with Reid representing both the team's newest effort to get younger as well as add depth. The team scheduled a bobblehead night for her debut to welcome her to New England where every fan in attendance would receive a Dakota Reid bobblehead.

Two days later, the team would turn 180 degrees and trade Reid to the Winnipeg Jets to acquire VLAD McZehrl in an effort to instead push for a cup. Unfotunately the bobbleheads were already made, and a last minute effort to change the name and appearance of the bobblehead with sharpie to "VLAD McZehrl night" failed.

@Jiggly_333

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Task: Post a failed promotion for any SHL or SMJHL team. promotion must include the team name, the season, the promotions title and what the promotion entails.

S44 Kelowna Knights - Game 9 -
Get to Meet Your Goalie: Scott Foster Bobble Head Night

Come out to meet goalie Scott Foster take on the St. Louis Scarecrows, the first 10K fans will receive a very special bobble head of the Knights backstop.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

S41 – To get more support for next season, the Prince George Firebirds run a bunch of contests and give away 10 pairs of season tickets that have never been redeemed since the team moved to Anchorage the next year.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

11-09-2018, 11:55 AMEggy216 Wrote: Wolfpack NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK HOST DAKOTA REID BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT Wolfpack

In S38, after acquiring Dakota Reid in a trade, the New England Wolfpack were excited about the future, with Reid representing both the team's newest effort to get younger as well as add depth. The team scheduled a bobblehead night for her debut to welcome her to New England where every fan in attendance would receive a Dakota Reid bobblehead.

Two days later, the team would turn 180 degrees and trade Reid to the Winnipeg Jets to acquire VLAD McZehrl in an effort to instead push for a cup. Unfotunately the bobbleheads were already made, and a last minute effort to change the name and appearance of the bobblehead with sharpie to "VLAD McZehrl night" failed.

@Jiggly_333

Really, everyone involved was super excited for Koda to be there.

Except for the GMs apparently.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

In S40, Dakota Reid asked the Pride organization if they could help promote her art. Unfortunately, she wasn't very good yet at the time and while the team handed out flyers for her art show as fans filed in, those flyers were instead used as projectiles onto the ice because, well, the team was bad.

Next year's turnout was much better.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Back in S30 the Head GM of the vancouver whalers though it would be a great idea to host a "be a whaler" event just an hour before the game in their rink. Unfortunately for the hoards of children that showed up, and the live whales they had, the marketing team took the execution of this promotion night a little too literally. I still can't get the stains out of my jersey.

S36 - Portland Admirals are proud to announce Chris Crutchfield bobbleheads for the first 100 fans at our offseason sale as we are confident we are going to sign him after trading for his rights!

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Task: Post a failed promotion for any SHL or SMJHL team. promotion must include the team name, the season, the promotions title and what the promotion entails.

Bring your wolf to game day. In the 36th season, the New England Wolfpack wanted to do a fun promotion relevant to their branding. So they were like, hey, if ya got a wolf, bring him to the game and he gets in for free. So people came with huskies and shit and tamed wolves, because logic. But some silly folk brought wild wolves. Long story short it wasnt pretty. Now the stadium has a wolfban.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

[Image: WgOYJnW.jpg]

As you can see from the picture, it didn’t end well Smile

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

S32 Vancouver Whalers - Free Salami Night
Tommy Salami had been working on an interpretive dance that was to represent his newfound inner-freedom. He called the dance "Free Salami" and was to perform it before a Vancouver Whalers game. Fans were inevitably disappointed when they were not given free logs of meat.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points