Create Account

Lavelle disgusted at Buffalo start

"6-6-1 and 4th place in the weakest conference in the SHL? Embarrasing" Lavelle opened with during his impromptu press conference earlier this week.

Lavelle according to reports has become increasingly upset and disenfranchised with the Buffalo Stampede front office in the last coming weeks. He now has provided authenticity to the claims with a press conference in which he naively outlined his frustrations and dissapointments within the Buffalo setting.

"To be 13 games into the season and already have 6 losses on the year is embarrasing for a team of our quality, yeah I understand that historically Buffalo has been poorly managed and perennial league basement dwewllers but we've built a good thing the last 4/5 seasons and I don't want to see that all change. Have a look at the difference of the teams above it, for fuck sakes you've got trash fire Toronto leading the conference with 9 wins already. Behind them sit the West Kendall Platoon and I'll give it to them, they've been a pretty good team the last few years. But then you've got the fuckin Rage of all teams. Below them is us? Really? You look at the quality of our squad here in Buffalo and can you honestly say to me that the teams above us are better? No you can't and if you could you're lying to yourself"

Lavelle continued.

"This was supposed to be the year that we all get it together, ie all the pieces fall into place for a jigsaw puzzle that illustrates us winning the cup at the end of the season but to only be honors even 13 games through through the season at this point is embarrasing. Last seasons playoff run showed us that we can actually get to the conference finals, but we need to perform better in the regular season to make that hurdle easier to pass, it's that simple"

Lavelle then took questions from various media personalities and journalists who had convened towards the front of the press hall.

"Obviously it's great to be up there in the conversation and it seems that all the work that I've put in during the last few seasons is finally coming to fruition, I just hope that I can indeed keep atleast a PPG pace up or even over that during the course of the season and of course Buffalo as a whole improves drastically" (Lavelle on being tied for 6th place in league scoring at this point in the season)

"I mean I don't go out there with the mindset of cracking open some skulls on the idea, I'm not an enforcer type out there obviously but some times players go out of their way to pis....frustrate me and I'll be honest I lose my nerve and just turn on the jets and make a beeline to them. I don't enjoy the fighting aspect of hockey at all but there's an incredible sense of freedom knowing that at any time you can take out some justice on another teams player who's been egging you the whole game. Obviously though the more fights I get into, the more time I'm missing on the ice and I don't want that either, I can win games for Buffalo, I've shown it in the past and I'm indeed showing it again this season so maybe I need to focus less on kicking ass and more on putting the puck in the back of the net and waiting for after the games over to fight some guys" (Lavelle on his history of fighting in the SHL)

"Well clearly he's (Rush) smarter than he lets on. He seen how all the drama surrounding him was negatively affecting his stock in the league and he's finally put his head down and is planning on letting his play on the ice tell the story. I think it's a great power move from Rush and his camp and despite how it's all started, he's recovered and gotten off to a better start than people in the past who were along the same path. (Lavelle on the blowback following the Gareth Rush situation)

"They're doing an incredible job in Buffalo, especially considering how poorly ran Buffalo was in the past before WannabeFinn was hired. While we really are the team that everybody loves to hate, that's great for us, it fuels us. When people log on in an anger filled rage to frantically mash their keys from the safety of their moms basement with cookie crumbs on their tummy and sitting in their draws, then to us at Buffalo that's a gigantic L for all involved. I think while we don't exactly discourage the "troll" mentality or the shit stirring, I think people sometimes should take a step back from the monitor before a vein pops in their craniums and they get admitted to an ICU unit due to their pented up rage for Buffalo" (Lavelle on the Buffalo hate)

"I think it's great to be on the first line finally for a franchise so close to my heart. I love everybody here which includes the front office, my fellow teammates and of course the glorious fans who have had to suffer for so long. I hope me being on the top line will finally propel Buffalo into the limelight and allow us to atleast contend and ideally win a cup. I understand that's a big ask for a team so young but I've got full faith in us going forward and so should you" (Lavelle on Buffalo's aspirations to challenge and win a cup)

Lavelle then took time out of his busy schedule to visit some nearby hospitals before using the rest of his time off to help out at the local homeless shelter. Lavelle has been recently attempting to put his best foot forward, following his fall out with the Stampede fans following his various comments on social media outlets throughout the S43 regular season.

Stampede grade this

Dermot angry

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Dermot rawr xD

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

grrrrr

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM