Create Account

S44 PT #3 - Where are they now?

Quote:Task: You have been hired by the league to look up at least 1 player from your draft class or an old team mate to find out what has happened to them after their days as an SHL player was over! This information is for a new show on the SHL network called 'Where are they now?'.. In 150 words or more give us the details on their lives post hockey!

While Patrikov Bure and Rafe Ulrich never played on the ice together, Rafe was drafted to The New England Wolpack while Bure was still playing for them. So as a fun little segment called 'Where are they now', the SHL network decided to pair up a fresh new face to the league in Ulrich and get him to meet up with Bure and do a piece about him and his life post hockey.

Rafe had to fly out to Russia on his quest to track down and find Bure, who has not been heard from sicne retiring. Where has this silly old hockey man gone to? After days of following Bure's tracks, he is found in a small bar in cold, cold siberia. Drinking his favorite vodka drink and listening to his favorite jams on the jukebox. Ulrich pulls up the chair next to Bure and plops down. An interesting interview begins, Bure at this point in his life looks like a homeless person. He has grown out a massive beard and had a certain dirt look to him. While they talk about life it becomes appernt Bure is just out here staying with family for a while as his new house in america is being built. His life currently consists of enjoy the relaxing life of post retirement before heading back and getting a job in hockey coverage.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

[Image: dZhwdek.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

NSFL PT share

[Image: vikian.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM by Nickleback_lover69.)

Benjamin Blue Spent many years in the SHL as one of the top Goalies in the league. However, he wanted more in life. It was his dream to be a Hockey Dad, and teach high school hockey. So, after he retired, he got married to a hot blonde trophy wife. She later gave him a set of Quintuplets. Who grew up to be the first set of Quintuplets to Play competitively in the SHL. They’re known as the strongest first line in SHL history (3 of them forwards, 2 Defense, and 1 goalie). It’s rumored that the reason they play so well is because they can telepathically read each others mind, and therefore make the greatest plays seen in SHL history. Blue has always been proud of his work in the SHL and the legacy he has left behind with his 5 sons. Today he spends his days lounging in the sun at his Malibu beach house, sipping on mimosa’s and receiving backrubs from his hot wife. In his free time, he coaches high school teams and looks after his 12 Grandchildren (all hockey players).
@"BoucherFan12"
Words: 186

[Image: 3qRijLp.png]
Where Are They Now - S38 - Connor Blackwell

The young star who appeared to be destined for SHL Greatness before vanishing almost without a trace has been very quiet since retirement, working at the saw mill with his brother Caleb Blackwell. We caught up to Connor to discuss his career.

"Hi Connor, how does it feel to be retired?"

"Honestly, it doesn't feel great. I feel like I still had a lot to give at the SHL level, but all of the concussions that I sustained in the BCHL from all the fighting eventually caught up to me. I had a great time playing for the Steelhawks and the Jets, and I was really honoured to be selected first overall by the Blizzard. Ultimately, everything happens for a reason and it's nice to be close to my family, even though I had to give up hockey in order to do so."

Connor currently is also serving as an assistant coach for the Vancouver Giants of the WHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Shaun Stephens was the 4th overall pick in the Season 37 SHL Entry Draft. He was one of 4 Edmonton Blizzard draft picks in the first round. This group was highly touted coming out of the draft and was expected to be the core that helped Edmonton create another dynasty. Now that we're in Season 44, things haven't turned out exactly how they imagined. While Rockefeller and Tuck have turned into quality players, Stephens went AWOL after the draft. After a couple of seasons hanging around the minor league system, Stephens disappeared. Luckily, we were able to track down the former SMJHL star to find out just what happened.

When we met up with Shaun, the first thing we asked was, "what happened?". In his words, Stephens became enamoured with video games. Something in his brain made it impossible for him to do anything else and it soon affected his training and practice regimen. He slowly got out of shape and lost his drive for the sport. We also asked what he's currently up to now that his hockey career is over, Stephens said he found a job testing video games for bugs and glitches, turning his addiction into a positive and earning money for it. He claims that he found several bugs in some of the most popular video games, including Red Dead Redemption 2 and the ever so popular Fortnite. While his SHL career never took off, it's great to see that he's doing well and found a job doing something he loves.

(255 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Following a sudden end to his career after being completely devastated in a fight against Jax Aittokallio, former Anchorage teammate Rex Kirkby found himself in need of help in exploring his next career options. He attempted to become an executive with his old junior team, but found he was equally as inept at this, even having to call on the former general manager for assistance at times despite his obvious struggles.

Well later down the line, Kirkby instead found himself in the restaurant business, managing a restaurant in Prince George and complaining loudly about them no longer having a team and his distaste for the city of Anchorage. He serves most food in his establishment, a simple Bob Evans franchise which quickly made the transition from a normal restaurant to producing online recipe books and frozen foods you could get at your local Wal-Mart. Attempting to hold on to what he sunk his last dollar into, Kirkby made a genius move to transition it to Zach Evans, which became widely popular for about two years before people realized how disappointing it was -- similar to Zach Evans (@ztevans).

However, in those years, Kirkby was fantastic and had the ability to parlay his success there into his ultimate goal. He opened a strip club -- Ass Clap's Claphouse. It was the ultimate testament to who he was and how he behaved, especially his typical treatment of women in his time in Anchorage and how limited his views on the world were. Most people did not express much shock when it was revealed he was found murdered, bludgeoned to death backstage by thousands of heels. No one knows who specifically did it, many believe it to be the entire cast of the club's main program. The authorities chalked it up to his lifestyle and attitude toward them, calling them "Armamas" and being overall derogatory towards them.

It was sad and unfortunate, considering the potential he showed early in his career as an upstanding family man with drive and focus. Tsk tsk.

(Obviously, all in jest. Luv u @Acsolap)

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

After letting his Scarecrows team down against Vancouver in the Four Star Cup Finals, Alistair Cain know he would forever be stuck with the Swiss cheese moniker long after his career ended. So what has Cain be up to since his playing days ended? We looked him up and found his new business venture matches his style of goaltending. Cain recently opened a cheese shop which sells a large variety of cheeses, but of course one just happens to be more popular. The Swiss cheese sells much better than the rest because with the purchase of $25 of Swiss, Cain throws in an autographed photo from his playing days. The business has been doing so well, that Cain has plans to open 2 more Cheese shops in different parts of the Country. When asked which he prefers between his playing days or his business operating ones, Cain has a tough time deciding. "Both are full of cheese related moments, I've enjoyed both in different ways."

[Image: ARgd8hk.png]
"Catching Up with Brian Morley. We caught up with the former LA Panthers star forward who after playing in the SHL, entered into the entertainment business which he always wanted to do. He stated during an interview that adult entertainment was always something I was interested in so I got a job at this club in West Hollywood called Boners! Boners! Boners! where I honed my skills to gain the main stage which took over a year to really get my moves down. I opened up my own club on Sunset called "The Boner Garage" which was named "The Premier Male Strip Club in LA!" After this many years in the buiness, I'm making more money now, than I ever did (playing) in the SHL!"

@Ragnar

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Kristofer Hallferdsson had a promising career early on. Going 25th overall in the S31 SHL draft one would expect a successful career, but as per usual, expectations do not match reality. Maybe he wouldn’t have ended up a Hall of Fame player, but it would be logical to expect to see him play at the SHL level, something that never actually happened. So where is Kristofer now? His career was derailed by an inability to translate his skill set and commitment to the professional level, something that he has turned not a very lucrative career as a motivational speaker. Nothing gives a person perspective like failure and that is what Kristofer was in all honesty. He now spends his time travelling the world helping people do exactly what he struggled with, translating skills and motivation into successful members of society. Maybe being an SHL bust wasn’t what anybody in the hockey world expected, but it is what happened, and Kristofer has made the best of it.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Welfare Claim:
PBE PT 8-1

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

NSFL Pt

Where are they now? Noah Nowes!

Noah Nowes was exceedingly hard to track down. He had always been basically invisible on the ice, and wasn't much more visible off of it. After a short career spanning only a couple seasons, most of which were spent in the junior leagues due to sheer garboness, he had retired from the SHL to work as a used car salesman, selling the old cars of more successful shlers. Due to a lack of negotiating prowess, he was garbage at that too, and soon left for a career in something to do with spreadsheets. We intended to shoot an episode about a usual 'day in the life' for him, but it was way too boring, to be honest. Like, imagine spending your entire day poking at a spreadsheet. Oof. Instead, we decided to show a Noah Nowes highlight reel. Unfortunately, we ran out of film about 5 seconds in, and ended up just giving the slot to pokemon reruns.

@Plasman

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Conor McGregor, first overall pick in the S40 draft. During the last season and seasons leading up to the draft, Conor was basically the clear number one pick, had the most TPE and all the talent in the world, Buffalo took him first and he is still there today, sitting at very tasty number of TPE with 862. Some slightly worrying signs can be seen though, Conor has not updated in three months and couple players who were picked behind him are already gone past Conor in TPE, for example his teammate Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl, another s40 draftee, he was the first to hit 1000 TPE from the S40 class. Driftwood, Gotze, Clijsters and Kalju also have more TPE currently and couple more closing in steadily.

Despite the rivals coming from behind, McGregor is playing on decent role over in Buffalo, third line minutes and so far this year in 25 games he has 12 points, that is without any PP time and with ice time average of just under 16 mins per game. He can score in this league, but more of a checking role is not something many expected him to be at few years ago.

Overall, this is McGregor´s fourth full year in SHL, during last three years he managed to collect 52 points in 150 games. If he does not pick up his game and start to put in the work, he might never reach his full potential and the S40 draft will be remembered as a year that had multiple guys having a better career than the first overall pick.