Create Account

Third Strike Baseball: It's back and actually happening!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 04:07 PM by RainDelay.)

SITE LINK
It's time to get Phanatical about this Phantastic Project!

[Image: 2019Phillies.png]

Welcome to Third Strike Baseball!

Collecting baseball cards is awesome, competing against your friends is a fun, RainDelay is just fantastic in general. :D Wouldn't it be cool if we could combine all these things into one large forum game experiment?

I have had this project in mind since about 2010, when I played a Facebook game called World Series Superstars, which was shut down soon after because Playfish, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts, went under. This was an awesome game - I love baseball, I love card collecting, I love aesthetics, I love strategy. It had it all.

Nothing I've seen since then has been able to return baseball card collecting to the internet. Madden Mobile is huge, NBA Live Mobile is...a game. MyNBA2K, my favorite game right now, is addicting, but isn't baseball. No love for baseball? Time to change that.

So how will this work?

When you sign up, you get a starter pack (will be an initial pack request thread once we get going) of a lineup, 8 batters, 4 pitchers. The cards won't be too good, likely bronze with a few silvers mixed in. If you want Gold, Platinum, Ultimate or even Legend cards, you're gonna have to work hard.

Work hard? RD, you're crazy. I already have all these point tasks to do.

Ok, I exaggerated, you don't actually have to work that hard. Like there's no media or whatever. In order to buy packs and players off auction, you need Coins™. These are acquired through games vs the CPU, games vs other players, special events, and achievements. Once the MLB starts back up, there will be game predictor events for coins.

Games? Are we going to be actually playing?

No, unfortunately I don't possess the capability to actually do that, so you're gonna have to settle for simmed games and posted results. The real challenge is collecting strong players (high overalls) and inserting them in an adequate lineup in order to get these wins and make a profit.
As I mentioned before, there are a variety of game modes.

Minor League Season - to be explained further, basically player vs CPU
MLB Ladder - take on the teams in ascending order, Orioles first, Red Sox last.
Head to Head - everyone's gonna love this. Play 1 v 1 matches or participate in weekly tournaments for special prizes!
Road to the Playoffs - Earn cards from a certain year in history as you try to replicate a world series run
Rivalry Week - Mets/Yankees, Cubs/White Sox, Dodgers/Giants? Pick a side and earn points for your team in order to win event exclusive rewards based on your rank.

That sounds dope, RD. Can we play now?

Unfortunately no, Rome was not built in a day and neither was TSB. As far as I know, Rome was also not built by one person. I'm going to need some help with this, both setting it up and once its up. I will be posting a post of what I need under this and feel free to give thoughts or volunteer to help. In-game benefits (sorry I'm not made of $$) will be provided to my helpers and my staff members!

RD, I still have questions!

Ask away, you know my door is always open!

Cheers!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

This is a master list for everyone (including me) of the things we need to do before launch:

Player Ratings:

Set 1 (12 players per team, 360 total)
- Teams Complete (30/30)
Spreadsheet Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hh...dit?usp=sharing

Actual Cards:
*I NEED 2-3 DESIGNERS WHO ARE WILLING TO MAKE CARDS WITH A PROVIDED TEMPLATE*
- Teams Complete (2/30)

Sim Stuff:
We are not using a sim engine, so I need some spreadsheet guys to help calculate team overall and formulas for win %.
- Incomplete

WE HAVE SOME GOOD SPREADSHEET GUYS HERE, LET ME KNOW!

Event Details
Basically game modes, this is mostly a RainDelay thing, but always hit me with suggestions.

Recruitment
- At a later date

Staff Members:
Designers (0/3)
Global Mod (0/2)
Shopkeepers *distribute packs/currency unless we automate it (0/infinite)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/7XwcV4