Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halftime
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 10:19 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND-DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

We are at the midway point of season 44 and its time to reflect on all that has happened on the ice! Below are 4 questions for discussion...

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html
- Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
- John McBride Award (Best goalie)
- Scott Stevens Award (Top D)
- Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)
- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)
- Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)
- Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)
- Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
- Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...nding.html

3. What player on the Individual leaderboard is most surprising?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...aders.html

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?

Task: Through a Post or a reply.. in 25 words or more answer any of the questions above with some thoughts on it.  

Every participant with a post or reply of at least 25 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 members will be chosen as discussion leaders and will receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Deadline: is Sunday, 10 PM EST
Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

It's about time the North Stars made significant advances in the standings. Chris York's monumental efforts had been going to waste for seasons while he lorded over the League in scoring, though even he could not carry Toronto to playoffs alone. With a team effort and still putting on a high-level performance thus far, it's a good surprise for TNS to lead the East halfway through.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings?

The Toronto North Stars are the most surprising team in the league this year. Not only are they in a playoff spot, they are already 11 points clear of fifth place in the eastern conference. While they offense has been average, their defense has been stellar and his giving 0.5 goal per game less than their closest follower.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 10:27 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

11-15-2018, 10:07 PMGoonerBear Wrote: Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

It's about time the North Stars made significant advances in the standings. Chris York's monumental efforts had been going to waste for seasons while he lorded over the League in scoring, though even he could not carry Toronto to playoffs alone. With a team effort and still putting on a high-level performance thus far, it's a good surprise for TNS to lead the East halfway through.

11-15-2018, 10:25 PMNorwegianDemon Wrote: The Toronto North Stars are the most surprising team in the league this year. Not only are they in a playoff spot, they are already 11 points clear of fifth place in the eastern conference. While they offense has been average, their defense has been stellar and his giving 0.5 goal per game less than their closest follower.

On the fipside I have Buffalo finishing in 2nd place and vying for an eastern conferance title in my standings predictions. Seeing them struggling at 9-13-2 and now 7 points behind 4th place is rather shocking.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'm sadly surprised by how poorly my Wolfpack and I have been doing. Preseason tests seemed positive and with the youth movement coming through the team it seemed like we would be trending upward. That has yet to be the case, as after a promising start to the season we're now in dead last in the conference.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Question 3:
I try not to talk about my player in these sorts of things, but Brady has been a scrub most of his career so far. Sure is plus/minus is good, but he's been buried on defense so he hasn't gotten many points. So it came as a huge surprise to me when he started the season as the top offensive defender. He's moved the chart, but leading the league in assists and being 4th among defenders for points is still pretty crazy and exciting.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
- Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
Tor Tuck - I have a soft spot for defencemen
- John McBride Award (Best goalie)
Michael McFadden - While Toronto's defence is doing great McFadden is showing age doesn't matter with the best GAA and SV%
- Scott Stevens Award (Top D)
Tor Tuck
- Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)
Leshaun King - Somehow on the first line and not being destroyed
- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)
LAP? Rage? Can we still give it to Symmetrik?
- Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)
So... the only coach I know is Storm. So storm I guess? Sorry all other coaches
- Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)
- Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
TEDDY. Seriously.. If this goes to anyone other than Teddy you need your head checked
- Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

There's a lot of teams that are surprising me this season. Now I believed that Toronto would be in a playoff position this season, floating around 3rd or 4th. I didn't think we would be on top at any point. The Rage are another surprise this season, how are they in a playoff position? how are they not dead last. Buffalo? You okay there Buffalo? What happened.. as much as it hurts me to say, you were looking good. But please keep this form up.

3. What player on the Individual leaderboard is most surprising?
Going to have to give this one to McFadden. I probably shouldn't say that and instead I should be saying that I knew he would have an excellent season and that is why I traded for him.. But yeah I'm surprised. I expected him to have a decent season, nothing special.

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?
The rage stay in a playoff position. Buffalo stay out of the playoffs and win the draft lottery. Fucking Oilers Stampede

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

I'm surprised the Riot are so poop. Sure we lost two of our top players, but we performed well in pre-season. So this result sucks a ton right now.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Full credit to the Toronto Northstars. After a couple seasons of solid growth they really looked to be slipping the last few seasons, but they've defied the odds so far and sit atop the entire league with 34 points and a sparkling 16-6-2 record after 24 games.
While I think they will fall off a bit in the 2nd half I feel quite confident saying they'll stay well in playoff contention and taste some playoff hockey.

One player specifically getting a lot of attention as of late is Tor Tuck. He's currently the favourite to win the Stevens and I'd argue in the discussion for the Mexico as well if he can keep up the pace he's on. Having the top point producer in the league in Oisin Fletcher on your team certainly helps, but Tor Tuck has definitely found another level this season.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

11-15-2018, 10:25 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
11-15-2018, 10:07 PMGoonerBear Wrote: Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

11-15-2018, 10:25 PMNorwegianDemon Wrote: The Toronto North Stars are the most surprising team in the league this year. Not only are they in a playoff spot, they are already 11 points clear of fifth place in the eastern conference. While they offense has been average, their defense has been stellar and his giving 0.5 goal per game less than their closest follower.

On the fipside I have Buffalo finishing in 2nd place and vying for an eastern conferance title in my standings predictions. Seeing them struggling at 9-13-2 and now 7 points behind 4th place is rather shocking.
But then again. We have, Gooner and Norwegian said, Toronto going on the top on Eastern Conferense with a that team. 
But we all know their fame will hit in the Playoffs

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

In my opinion are the Buffale Stampede the surprise in a bad way for the Season 44. I never expected that they couldnt be in a playoff spot. WHAT A SHAME!!!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

The Toronto North Stars leading their division came out of nowhere, they’ve had a great season! Winnipeg was thought to be a top contender but is in fifth place, and the North Stars have not only seized that window but gone beyond that. They’re not just in a playoff position but they’re there comfortably and with room to spare.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

It's hard to talk about surprise teams this season without mentioning the Rage and the Stampede. Obviously I'm a little biased, but the Rage's season has been spectacular to this point and the squad is playing above all expectations and there is real hope that they can keep it up and make it into the playoffs this season. On the flip side, the Stampede being out of the playoffs at the moment is a shock as they were a team many picked to be a top team overall and a real contender for the Cup this season.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

-Scott Stevens Award (Top D) Would and needs to be changed to Alonzo Garbanzo Award ( Top D )

Yes he is still active and that may be seen as odd. But the reality of it is just what Garbanzo has done for the league as defensman. He has shattered almost ever record there is and thats of all skaters, not just defence!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

The most surprising team in the standings, is quite obviously going to be Manhattan. With Jaywhy at the helm, it is simply surreal that there is a chance at a playoff spot and not being the last place team, even with backup games likely going to get played in the near future.

The fact Manhattan isnt a soul sucking void of futility is beyond me.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]