Create Account

Third Strike Baseball
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 04:45 PM by RainDelay.)

*Have permission from HO to post this, appreciated.

It's late fall, and we’re getting close to the dead of winter. You know what that means? We can only look forward to baseball!

Welcome to Third Strike Baseball, a forum game which adds new dynamics to collecting baseball cards!

[Image: nEkwhqX.png][Image: R0h7SvV.png][Image: YX9HKQg.png][Image: 0ndfvnV.png][Image: P9cmype.jpg][Image: EP5zTOl.png]

Why are these cards different colors?

These cards are different colors because each ratings tier has a separate design, with some special tiers thrown in as well.
Right now, we have seven tiers:

(ascending)
Bronze Tier 50-59
Silver Tier 60-69
Gold Tier 70-79
NCAA Heroes 80 *exclusive set
Platinum Tier 80-84
Ultimate Tier 85-90
Collection Legends 91-92 *exclusive set

What do these ratings do?

Each player has a rating because that is how we calculate lineup strength, rotation strength, and wins and losses. You will use these players to play games and improve your team, so make sure you collect some good ones!

How do I play games?

There are a few game modes right now:

Minor League Seasons - take on the MiLB teams in order of increasing difficulty.
MLB Ladder - take on the MLB teams in order of increasing difficulty for exclusive team rewards.
H2H - take on other members in Head to Head matchups and tournaments for prizes and bragging rights.
Road to the World Series - Completely challenges of increasing difficulty and progress to the World Series, racking up rewards as you go.
Rivals Weekend - Play games in other modes as you normally would, but score points for your "team" as you do it and gain rewards based on the leaderboard.

Each team will have a lineup of 8 position players, and a rotation of 3 starters and 2 relievers. These will be saved in your profile. When simulating the game, [user=6,8]@Noble[/user] developed a spreadsheet that will give realistic and intuitive results on how your team performed in the game! You will then receive coins and maybe even cards based on the challenge.

Coins? Is that the currency system?

Yes, you earn coins from playing games, participating in events, and selling cards on the Auction House. Coin levels vary based on the challenge.

What can I buy with coins?

You can buy various levels of card packs from the Card Shop. Each pack contains three cards which are pulled at random from a selected pool. You can also bid on individual cards in the Auction House.

Is the game ready to play?

No, not yet. But we are rapidly creating the cards, and both cards and spreadsheet algorithms are nearly done, so it will not be long before the game is indeed ready.

So what can I do in the meantime?

1. Register for the game: thirdstrikebaseball.jcink.net
2. Claim your Starter Pack in the Registration Center. We won't be distributing them yet until all cards are finished, but you can hold your spot in line!
3. Join the TSB Discord: https://discord.gg/9VWSBBv
4. Sign up for a job!

You mentioned jobs, what jobs are available?

Well, we need...

Shopkeepers (3 More): Distribute packs and subtract/add coins from the profile based on their purchases or auction sales.
Game Moderators (4ish more): You will be tasked with simulating games for the players using the spreadsheet. (Contact Noble, he will help you)

People to just help give ideas for the game (always appreciated Smile )

If I have a job, can I still play?

OF COURSE! We want everyone to be able to play TSB, and you may even run into some in-game rewards if you help me out!

Alright, I'll check it out, sounds great!

Awesome, see you there!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

@ EVERYONE

The registration for the game is now OPEN!

Come by and claim your starter pack, games will be officially open for play tomorrow!

thirdstrikebaseball.jcink.net
https://discord.gg/9VWSBBv

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]