Create Account

S44 SMJHL PT 4 - Road Trip

While it's an unlikely combination, Kelowna Knights team mates Nickolas Klaus and Nolan Sawchuk have become the tightest of friends over the course of this season, and during this thanksgiving break were able to go on a short "road" trip back to their home region of Scandinavia. While Thanksgiving isn't celebrated by many people in that part of the world, both players met each other families in Norway and Iceland respectively, and hit it off very quickly with their respective familiar units. Sawchuk and Klaus visited some of the greatest sites that the northern rocks had to offer, include the blue ice caves in Iceland and the old castles of the Norwegian south coast. Between the two, the trip was an incredibly memorable experience where they were able to bond as team mates, and really prepared them to have an exciting chemistry that they will likely use next season on the Knights first line.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Road Trip Journal Day 1

Heading off to Montreal this morning. Packed all my protein bars and 5 litres of water for the bus ride. A few of the fellas were talking about how Montreal is a good 'party town'. Kristof and Crush were gathering people to go out after the game. Well I'm not much of a partying guy myself but Dom made it sound like good craic so I might tag along? Not going to drink of course.

Day 2

jmj my head hurts. we went to a... rather unsavoury spot on St. Catherines street? i tthink? Then we went to a club on saint lauren (??). Laurent. whatever. Then this place called Beef Tech?? Only Saints we saw the whole night were the streets. Ha ha ha. My mouth is parched and I found a piece of smoked meat in my pillow case this morning. I think at one point I drank half a pint glass of whiskey. Gonna need an extra 5 litres of water today. Off to the gym to sweat it out.

[Image: 6qWTxF2.png]

With the Falcons, we went to Montreal for an away game. after the morning training, all the team went to a fast-food called Ashton back in Montreal. However, every player in the team was not able to order in French since the province of Quebec provides the French language with the 101 law. The gm, @JSS wanted a '' poutine régulière avec saucisses et sauce piquante '' but he was not able to order it. The MVP Bedrich Sykora, with a French background, ordered the poutine for every player in the team because they absolutely can't talk in French.

Since he helped his GM, Bedrich Sykora is now waiting to jump on the first line of defensemen and on both powerplay wave. If he doesn't get that privilege, he will spit on the next poutine that JSS order, for the rest of the season and his career with Detroit.

A U S T I N - M A C W A R D 
[Image: SlimAnnualBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]

On our trip to Vancouver to face the Whalers, we had a day off the day before the game. Selich, Darrow and I went on a shopping spree in downtown Vancouver. I made sure that there wasn't any german restaurant on the way there because Darrow was still mad about those sausages in Kelowna. I wanted to buy another funny hat because who doesn't like funny hat? I got lost trying to find a hat and of course my phone was at 0%. I went on to this shop to try and find my way back to the hotel but it was some chinese man who didn't even speak english. So i wandered in what I think is the Chinese Market. 30 minutes into looking where I am, I finally found Darrow at the entrance of the market with a new funny hat for me. I was a happy boy. 

@hhh81 can i have a hat please

153 words

The Montreal Militian recently took to the road, travelling across Canada to play the Vancouver Whalers. While, there several of the Militia players took the time to explore beautiful British Columbia. For the Montreal rookies, Andreas Kvalheim, Griffith Cadwalader, Simeon Vanloon and Hiro Fujikawa, it was their first time in Vancouver, and they were astounded by the natural beauty of the city. On their day off, they took to the mountains for a challenging and beautiful hike up the Stawamus Chief in Squamish, a city just north of Vancouver. After that, they headed downtown to grab some grub. Fujikawa decided to take his teammates out to introduce them to his native Japanese cuisine. While some were reluctant at first, everyone dove in eventually and Kvalheim found a new favorite food. To end up the day, the Montreal rookies rented some bikes and rode around the seawall in Stanley Park. It was the perfect way to end their day.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2018, 01:19 AM by hhh81.)

11-22-2018, 04:20 PMEsso2264 Wrote: @hhh81 can i have a hat please

153 words

I got you!

https://www.orientaltrading.com/kid-s-ey...O1EALw_wcB

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

11-23-2018, 01:17 AMhhh81 Wrote:
11-22-2018, 04:20 PMEsso2264 Wrote: @hhh81 can i have a hat please

153 words

I got you!

https://www.orientaltrading.com/kid-s-ey...O1EALw_wcB

<3

Teammates Nolan Sawchuk and Nicholas Klaus have quickly hit it off and traveled to Europe together during the Thanksgiving break. They spent some time meeting each other's families and traveling around Norway and Iceland but they also traveled to to Europe, more specifically France, Italy, and Germany. They were very typical tourists, visiting the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre in Paris, and both the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. However the most fun was visiting Germany and spending countless hours racing down the autobahn in rented cars. They certainly gave their general managers a heart attack when telling them about the trip and just how fast they were going, but it was a great bonding experience and they will certainly have increased chemistry not only to finish the season but also for next season. The vacation was a great time away from hockey and helped them relax during a stressful season.

Code:
155 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Alexander Selich decided to explore the town together with his german teammate Cassius Darrow when they visited the city of Montreal playing against the Militia. Of course Montreal is a storied and quite an interesting city since English isn't the main language over there. Of course the germans had to taste one of the well known foods in Montreal , a poutine , even though it was quite the unusual mix of ingredients it still tasted amazingly and left a mark in Alexander's memory of this roadtrip. Selich and Darrow also visited. The 2 germans also did some sightseeing to fully embrace this beautiful city like visiting the basilica or the old part of the town where you can still see how the old houses looked like in Montreal. The end of this sightseeing tour marked the botanical garden which they used to relax a bit and soak in all that beautiful flora and fauna that was there.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Right before the season started, Arsene decided that he wants to explore the state of Alaska a bit more. Since he's new there, likes the climate and loves traveling, he decided on the Yukon river to be his destination for a few days. Teammates Maxime Bouchard, Karl Von Wittelsbach and Arsene's friends Benois Miniscule and Cash Considerations from the Whalers agreed to his invitation. They had a good time talking about the upcoming season, making friendly jokes about each other and ended up agreeing on a bet of which team will finish the season higher. When they finally arrived to the famous river, they rented some kayaks and had really good time enjoying the landscapes, fresh air and doing some kayaking races.
"Yeah, I spent some good time with my friends even more up north from here. I think you can't stress enough how important to not just prepare yourself physically for a new season, even a whole new league, but also be on top mentally. Fresh air and good talks helped me clear my mind and now I can be 100% focused to the season," Arsene told reporters after he got back from the trip.

Kennedy and Kerr took a trip to Vegas to see their favourite sport - foxy boxing. It was an easy tip, the two set out on their red-eye. Their suitcases were full to the brim with their various boxing memorabilia. Kennedy kept a tight grip on his lucky Foxy Boxing keychain - a gift he’sd received as a child from his mother who died during a foxy boxing match, a la Matt Murdoch. Kerr refuses to remove his “Box Punch” shirt. It was a rather questionable choice as it depicted a female boxer being fisted right to the groin. Several children were scared and several adults passing by made audible groans. But the two went on their johnrye.

The title fight was between Assius Bae and George Foreman’s daughter, George Foreman Jr.

The match was over in minutes because Kennedy mounted into the ring and tried to wrestle the number-guy’s Round Card away from
Him. Ejection never felt so good. To make matters worse, George Foreman Jr. nut-punched Kennedy to death.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2018, 06:48 PM by Nereus.)

The St. Louis Scarecrows visited a small farm in Colorado after facing the Raptors in a tight game the night before. The captain Nicky Pederson had a personal tour of the dairy operation and got to see where the farm's cheese was made. Everyone on the team showed up and even some of the management as well, including Nicolas Fleming and Ty Hoover who tended to keep to themselves. The tour was led by the owner Filet Minyon and local wine taster Sam Sung. A few dozen local farmers gathered around and shared drinks with the team, and eventually a few of the braver and more alcohol influenced players were invited to ride the horses. Slip McScruff managed to release a fart that rocked the vibration of the steed he sat on, shocking the poor boay causing it to buck send Scruff flying into the dirt. Any normal man would have easily broken his neck, but Slip walked away with minor injuries and also left what looked like a large tea stain on the horse's saddle. It would be a tough day for the farm's horse handler indeed as he would have to take care of the entire mess afterward. It does not seem the team will be invited back to this small rural farm any time soon but the trip was good for the morale of all the players for sure.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

We went on a 2 game road trip just recently, one hell of a large one, which started us in Detroit, and ended up on the other side of the country in the middle of fucking nowhere. I was hanging out with fellow rookies Jakub Novak, Cassius Darrow and Konstantin Voloshin. We're a buncha teens and whenever we're away we usually go around the city we're playing and mess around. We'd bring Alexander Selich along with us but you see hes such a nerd, when he isn't training he's doing this weird thing looking at spreadsheets on his laptop.

We started in Detroit, because our schedule said we had to. We honestly had no idea what we we're gonna do there this time, but we we're bored and we drove around town a bit. We passed by some laser tag place, Novak started getting all jumpy. Laser tag is fucking lit by the way, so we all stopped by and played a few games of laser tag. Darrow can't aim at all, which wasn't a suprise. Half his shots end up in the netting.

Then we took our flight to Anchorage, after beating the Falcons. Who the fuck put a team in fucking Alaska? Anchorage is one hell of a lame place to be, its a good thing they have a juniors team so people have something to do. We couldn't really do anything here, we did drive around alot but we kept ending up where we started because its Anchorage. Why do people live here.