Create Account

Poll: #BringNourBack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.78%
14 77.78%
Yes
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#BringBackNour
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 03:38 PM by sash.)

Nour had given his heart out to the Kelowna Knights during his time with his team. He worked incredibly hard on building a team to make history, winning three cups in a row. He built an incredible locker room in Kelowna, one that is fun and friendly and active, and did an incredible job handling adversity when the Knights needed it (specifically how well he handled the AssPancakes situation).

A few weeks ago, Nour requested a leave of absence due to personal issues he was dealing with, and he was granted of it by HO. During his leave, the SMJHL HO made a mistake last night by firing him during his leave of absence last night, a decision that the SMJHL HO should be looking to reverse.

Vote in the poll if you feel the same.

#BringBackNour

*nothing personal against HO its why this aint a TD

This is all very confusing.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Hear hear!

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Situation seems fucky

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Maybe you should ask Nour if he wants to come back before you go on a campaign.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

11-17-2018, 03:44 PMDangles13 Wrote: Maybe you should ask Nour if he wants to come back before you go on a campaign.

but he does...

Ban samee first

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Nour didn’t deserve this :( very cruel

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 10:41 PM by Sleepy.)

I've said it in a different thread and I'll say it again here. He missed 1 GM task before his leave of absence. When has HO removed a GM for missing 1 off season task before? If anything Kelowna should catch a cap penalty or forfeit a draft pick. The termination of his job is way overboard and should be open for an appeal.

I also want to bring up the fact that that was a season and half ago. Surely someone in HO should be held responsible for that? If a GM makes an error or misses a task the punishment should be as prompt as possible. I don't want to attack anyone in HO as most of those there now are relatively new but I think that should speak for the lack of attentiveness that the SMJHL HO has shown the past few seasons, which I think is frankly not good enough. If you hold your teams and GMs to such a high standard, HO should hold themselves to a similar standard.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 12:27 AM by NJBadApple.)

11-17-2018, 10:40 PMSleepy Wrote: I don't want to attack anyone in HO as most of those there now are relatively new but I think that should speak for the lack of attentiveness that the SMJHL HO has shown the past few seasons, which I think is frankly not good enough. If you hold your teams and GMs to such a high standard, HO should hold themselves to a similar standard.

I don't see some real shit posted here often, but here we are. Especially the bolded part.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

11-17-2018, 10:40 PMSleepy Wrote: I've said it in a different thread and I'll say it again here. He missed 1 GM task before his leave of absence. When has HO removed a GM for missing 1 off season task before? If anything Kelowna should catch a cap penalty or forfeit a draft pick. The termination of his job is way overboard and should be open for an appeal.

I also want to bring up the fact that that was a season and half ago. Surely someone in HO should be held responsible for that? If a GM makes an error or misses a task the punishment should be as prompt as possible. I don't want to attack anyone in HO as most of those there now are relatively new but I think that should speak for the lack of attentiveness that the SMJHL HO has shown the past few seasons, which I think is frankly not good enough. If you hold your teams and GMs to such a high standard, HO should hold themselves to a similar standard.

Alright I'm not going to comment on the first point as we're currently in the appeals process. But I will talk about the second point. Yes this should have been caught earlier and yes HO hasn't been perfect the last few seasons, this is something I'm working on. This upcoming offseason I'll be rewriting the offseasons task to ensure everything is done correctly and on time, this will now include the deposit of player pay. I will make sure that everything is checked by HO.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 01:19 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I think this a good example of how HO's heavy handedness can damage this site sometimes. Nour fucked, probably more than twice. But I can see this being solved several other ways than firing. Things like tampering are obviously cheating. Not paying your players? Well that's just being lazy. I don't know what the communications between HO and Nour were like, but in my experience the gravity of the situation is not usually conveyed by HO. There needs to be a change from an angry and demanding manager HO to a HO that is more like a manager that wants to see their employees succeed. That means when someone fucks up you tell them a.) What they did wrong b.) How they should have done it (with instructions for the future) c.) The ramifications of future screwups. You can't say "hey you didn't do players contracts, you need to do them or we'll be forced to take matters into our own hands." That's just an ambiguous threat that honestly makes the GM resent you.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-18-2018, 01:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think this a good example of how HO's heavy handedness can damage this site sometimes. Nour fucked, probably more than twice. But I can see this being solved several other ways than firing. Things like tampering are obviously cheating. Not paying your players? Well that's just being lazy. I don't know what the communications between HO and Nour were like, but in my experience the gravity of the situation is not usually conveyed by HO. There needs to be a change from an angry and demanding manager HO to a HO that is more like a manager that wants to see their employees succeed. That means when someone fucks up you tell them a.) What they did wrong b.) How they should have done it (with instructions for the future) c.) The ramifications of future screwups. You can't say "hey you didn't do players contracts, you need to do them or we'll be forced to take matters into our own hands." That's just an ambiguous threat that honestly makes the GM resent you.

that’s why I wanted to be in ho
I guess they didn’t want to bring in new blood

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

11-18-2018, 01:27 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
11-18-2018, 01:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think this a good example of how HO's heavy handedness can damage this site sometimes. Nour fucked, probably more than twice. But I can see this being solved several other ways than firing. Things like tampering are obviously cheating. Not paying your players? Well that's just being lazy. I don't know what the communications between HO and Nour were like, but in my experience the gravity of the situation is not usually conveyed by HO. There needs to be a change from an angry and demanding manager HO to a HO that is more like a manager that wants to see their employees succeed. That means when someone fucks up you tell them a.) What they did wrong b.) How they should have done it (with instructions for the future) c.) The ramifications of future screwups. You can't say "hey you didn't do players contracts, you need to do them or we'll be forced to take matters into our own hands." That's just an ambiguous threat that honestly makes the GM resent you.

that’s why I wanted to be in ho
I guess they didn’t want to bring in new blood

Nobody is a highly dedicated member, I'd choose him for a position over just about anyone. I wouldn't take it personally (but also he is new blood, same with JSS). I think the issue is just a matter of communicating like colleagues rather than bosses and underlings.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]