Create Account

Some Ideas for HO

11-19-2018, 10:26 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: HO as a whole will be addressing some of these points in various ways as we try to move towards more transparency. Speaking from a personal standpoint I will be continuing the Head Office Roundups that Crutch and Eggy had started but have long since died. Every couple weeks I’ll be talking about what we are discussing (without giving too much away) and allowing y’all to ask questions. As long as I’m not being attacked I’ll answer and keep it happening, as long as I remember to do it lol.

Dangles also had an idea that we are on board for but I’ll let him announce it when he has the time to. We will begin to try and be more open to y’all though.

oh my

wide open

good luck my friend

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

11-19-2018, 09:56 AMSlappydoodle Wrote:
11-18-2018, 09:14 PMSleepy Wrote: I kinda want to follow up with what Izzy said and remind everyone that HO are people too. I'm on the SHL for fun. I do it as a hobby because I am interested in hockey and I feel like that is 99% of the reason why people are here. What really makes this hard to swallow for me is the absolute disregard for the people in HO sometimes. They are in that position because they love the SHL, probably more so than the average user. I'll admit, I've had my issues with HO decisions in the past and I've laid a fair amount of criticism at their feet so I am sure I am guilty of the added stress they get on the day to day. But going into a thread and calling them tyrannical, calling them a dictatorship, or calling what they do fascism is absurd and absolutely dilutes the importance and weight of those words. At the end of the day HO are a bunch of dudes trying to look after, essentially, an entire hockey community and make it a fun and inclusive place for everyone to be.

While I agree, there should be more transparency on their part, people need to take a step back and understand that what they are doing is in attempt to make the SHL a better place for everyone. Of course they are going to make decision that will be unpopular. Of course they are going to make mistakes. But does every single decision HO make need to be met with such vitriol from the community at large? I don't think so! Instead of seeing red and immediately jumping to personally attacking them, open a dialogue such as the one JP is opening here. There is no reason to hurl insults around just because you don't agree with a decision someone else makes. There is absolutely no reason to call someone a tyrant over what is essentially a hobbyist's website. Don't approach these decisions like a 3 year old who hasn't had their juice box and afternoon nap yet. You look like a tool and it leaves a stain on the SHL, and yourself, that  I'm sure plenty of people don't want to see.

At the end of the day we're just a bunch of folks trying to have fun. I just wish that everyone would take a step back and realize that and not get so up in arms over shit sometimes.

Idk. Just my two cents.

Hope ya'll have a great evening.

I stick by every word I wrote. None of it was a personal attack. I targeted no one for their character. I judged them on their actions. They are good people. They just have a tendency to react to situations by punishing people first then making up a rule to cover the situation after. This must stop. Just because they volunteered their time I will not give them a pass for arbitrary rules and standards. They are choosing to take these actions. It is not a passive error. They are actively deciding to do these things. Also, they literally are telling Samee, ” you didn’t do anything wrong, but because you possess information we want we are going to threaten and eventually punish you.”  It is hard to see this as moral or really as anything other than strong arm bullying tactics.

I agree with the OP. I have called over and over again for transparency in the HO. Not for every decision. For the most part I don’t even want to know what they are discussing. When it comes to punishments and bans and rule changes though, some transparency would go a long way. Let’s get proactive community involvement before a ruling is made as opposed to the current model of fait accompli and accompanying shitshow.

Why don’t you take your foot off the gas here for a moment and take a step back. You can’t compare 5 dudes on a simulation hockey website to some of the worst people in human history by calling them dictators. You can’t. That’s the point I’m trying to make. I’m not defending their actions or their position I’m simply asking to treat the situation rationally and comparing HO to a tyrannical dictorship ain’t it chief. If you can’t see how absurd that is then I don’t know what else to say to you.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

11-19-2018, 12:28 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
11-18-2018, 09:04 PMkarey Wrote: Look on the top of the page you fuck.

holy shit I legit never knew that was there

ya me too

but my next question is why is directs to page 1 instead of the index itself THUS saving me a whole click

11-19-2018, 04:07 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote:
11-19-2018, 12:28 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: holy shit I legit never knew that was there

ya me too

but my next question is why is directs to page 1 instead of the index itself THUS saving me a whole click

depending on what you want, it's still actually the same amount of clicks. Even less.

On the index page you have to click the sub section and then the thing you want. On the forum post you have all the links right there. Plus links to each individual team.

BOOM

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-19-2018, 04:07 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote:
11-19-2018, 12:28 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: holy shit I legit never knew that was there

ya me too

Why don’t you just bookmark the index and have it in your bookmark toolbar. It’s one click to get the index every time you have your browser open. You don’t even have to go to the forum page and you save yourself clicks.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

11-19-2018, 04:16 PM.bojo Wrote:
11-19-2018, 04:07 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: ya me too

depending on what you want, it's still actually the same amount of clicks. Even less.

On the index page you have to click the sub section and then the thing you want. On the forum post you have all the links right there. Plus links to each individual team.

BOOM

thats great

but my next question is how do I make my team win games

11-19-2018, 04:32 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote:
11-19-2018, 04:16 PM.bojo Wrote: depending on what you want, it's still actually the same amount of clicks. Even less.

BOOM

thats great

but my next question is how do I make my team win games

[Image: 2fb.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-18-2018, 08:36 PMMike Izzy Wrote: if you are serious about this being a civil discussion with its intensions to 'help'  then before everyone jumps in...  how about we start with this..

A portion of the problem we see with HO stems from them being so fucking defensive because of the abuse they take for every nickle and dime decision they make. If you havnt been in a high level job here then you dont know how whip lashing it can be when 100 dudes jump down your throat all at once. I witnessed it first hand last month as PT director... i was there no longer then 3 weeks, made a mistake on the CW and instead of a couple of PMs asking me to make some changes to it i had to enjoy the izzy shitshow for about 10 days. you may come in to the job with good intensions but it becomes apparent quickly that the 90 things you do right dont get noticed but the 1-2 things you do wrong gets you ganged up on for sport.

This pressure is probably 10 times worse if you are part of HO these past few seasons and if you are sticking around through that bullshit you may in fact always walk around feeling defensive or forced to adapt to the anger and become angry yourself. and that makes it harder to listen to others and compramise.

If we want to help HO.. and yes they do make mistakes and can definitley take some advice.. then it has to start with treating them with some more respect when we dont agree with them.

I did not play any part in that Tongue

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey