Create Account

S9 HOF INDUCTION

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Jun 14 2012, 10:16 PM

Well, I meant last in the top eligible players.

I thought Dar should have been a first ballot hall of famer.  He has had one of the best careers in the SHL.  If it is a respect thing, why does he get no respect for simming two seasons, being completely active and a good member for 8 seasons.

His stats alone should have put him in.  Its a shame.

Oh, and congrats on your induction.  Stevens name will always be feared.

Yes I acknowledge as much, updated my post with how I voted Wink

And thanks buddy

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

I hope Im nominated next season!!

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 14 2012, 08:13 PM

It's not last, there were many eligible candidates. Dar is a shoo-in next year though.

I personally gave him a 2nd place vote after Littleton, so 3 of his 4 points came from me.

Do people like... not check stats <_<

I think it is safe to say any other season Dar is easily voted in and it isn't like the 3 inductees don't deserve it.....Oh and it was only one vote that put Dar in 5th lol

Quote:Originally posted by Munk@Jun 14 2012, 10:26 PM

Do people like... not check stats <_<

idk, krever honestly only had that one Norris season then the rest sort of faded off, but I guess people like the whole he created the league thing Tongue

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 14 2012, 08:28 PM

idk, krever honestly only had that one Norris season then the rest sort of faded off, but I guess people like the whole he created the league thing&nbsp; Tongue

Like I said, a respect thing. We all wub Krever.

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Jun 14 2012, 01:27 PM
G Mike O'Brien :o

Didnt even think I was worthy of a nomination.&nbsp; I might need to bring him back.
You shouldn't be, this HOF is a piece of shit there is way too much leniency in the credentials to be elected. Turd Ferguson is another, he's a great guy and is well respected, but his player was a goon and he only played like 4 seasons?

This is why I wanted to take over the HOF committee when I did, I gave it up because I was busy with school and wasn't active enough but now I wish I stuck with it.

Dar > all :ph34r:

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Jun 15 2012, 12:14 AM

You shouldn't be, this HOF is a piece of shit there is way too much leniency in the credentials to be elected. Turd Ferguson is another, he's a great guy and is well respected, but his player was a goon and he only played like 4 seasons?

This is why I wanted to take over the HOF committee when I did, I gave it up because I was busy with school and wasn't active enough but now I wish I stuck with it.

S8 didn't have much talent, but either way, the system we have now is better. Before, you would just nominate somebody and people would take weeks to determine if he was HOF worthy. This way, while we may have a weak class or two, everything will eventually catch up.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 15 2012, 06:53 AM

S8 didn't have much talent, but either way, the system we have now is better. Before, you would just nominate somebody and people would take weeks to determine if he was HOF worthy. This way, while we may have a weak class or two, everything will eventually catch up.
I don't understand how Jonathan Kane and Turd Ferguson made it in the old system, and as long as they stand in the HOF I can never fully appreciate it.

and to correct myself, Turd Ferguson played 3 SEASONS, as a GOON.

Hmm

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Jun 15 2012, 09:44 AM

I don't understand how Jonathan Kane and Turd Ferguson made it in the old system, and as long as they stand in the HOF I can never fully appreciate it.

and to correct myself, Turd Ferguson played 3 SEASONS, as a GOON.

Hmm

you mean the John Kane with two cups? Yea that is hall of fame worthy

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Very honoured to be a part of such a great HOF class.

Krever has always been solid for Toronto and built this league.

Stevens, I always looked at you as a friend and a rival on the ice.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Ferguson was a goon, but he was the absolute best in the league at being a goon. The HOF is for the best players in the league at what they do. It's not just for scorers and goalies (as proven by all the defensemen in this class). Ferguson is the Ray Guy of this league. Ray Guy was the best punter in NFL history, and very few people dispute that standing, yet he hasn't made the HOF solely because he's a punter and punters get no respect. Ferguson, as a goon, was the best in the league at what he did.

Quote:Originally posted by diamond_ace@Jun 15 2012, 01:46 PM
Ferguson was a goon, but he was the absolute best in the league at being a goon. The HOF is for the best players in the league at what they do. It's not just for scorers and goalies (as proven by all the defensemen in this class). Ferguson is the Ray Guy of this league. Ray Guy was the best punter in NFL history, and very few people dispute that standing, yet he hasn't made the HOF solely because he's a punter and punters get no respect. Ferguson, as a goon, was the best in the league at what he did.
Sure, but he only played 3 seasons.

Knew Thompson had no chance