Create Account

HO Roundup 11/19-11/26

Ok so a while back this was being done by Eggy and Crutch. I thought it was a great idea at the time but sadly we all lose time for things at times. I've decided to bring it back in hopes of opening up some forms of transparency to you all and also some discussion about some of the topics we've been discussing. While it's definitely not a complete look into HO and it's workings it hopefully is a snippet for you all to see some of the potential future things.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-11-19_at_4.58.17_PM.png]

Expansion
Alright so knowing everyone of y'all let's go straight for the big one at the end. Expansion, the big hot topic now a days around the league. Sparred on by multiple media pieces and constant questioning we have begun to discuss it and have been for some time. It's something we're all very interested in but we're also skeptical about. We're definitely analyzing the numbers as best we can and are making sure 100% that it will be the best thing for the league going forward, both in the short term and long term. We know it's exciting and it definitely is to us too. Hopefully the numbers do work out and we believe the league has the room for it but it is for sure an ongoing discussion.

Regression
This one is basically a reiteration on the regression percentage debate. We did in fact hear y'all when it was brought up and we've been discussing it but have yet to come up with something uniformly liked in HO for us to move forward with it. I imagine that something will be done once the right numbers are decided upon but for now it's in debate limbo as we figure out what works for everyone involved, rather it be some thinking certain numbers are too harsh or not enough.

Job Pay
Job pay is a very broad channel for us and comes up whenever a job needs it's payment changed in some way. Overall most of the jobs have been adjusted already or we believe to be at a good spot but it's still there in case we need to approach something to be reworked. Pretty plain and simple on this one.

Sponsorships
Sponsorships/Endorsements has been brought up quite a few times over the past few seasons and have some interesting merit behind them. Overall we don't hate the idea just have had a hard time agreeing on what to set as a payment method (TPE vs Money) and how much if we decided on one of those. As a whole the idea is liked and will probably, eventually, get implemented. Much like expansion and regression it comes down do a debate on numbers for the specifics more so than a general liking of the idea itself.

Build Templates
This one has been a personal project for me to bring up and work on. I hate how all the templates basically end up the same with strengths/weaknesses and have been trying to figure out a change that could rectify this. While I slowly work on this while not whittling away my life with school work I've come up with some very rough initial templates for some that need to be reworked over time. Once I graduate this semester I'm hoping to have more time to really hammer this one out in the future and come up with something well liked by everyone. I'll also probably post up some sort of media or thread to hear feedback on it once I've come up with something initial. I've heard the template problem brought up quite a few times in the past and I think it definitely has some merit to limiting the strengths and weaknesses to avoid these exact same builds over and over.

I hope this has been a little eye opening to what's been going on in HO lately. If you have questions feel free to ask. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for you time,
TDZ

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

ty

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-19-2018, 07:26 PM.bojo Wrote: ty

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Will there be any request for discussion on any of these issues for the general populace? I know when discussing the whole ice time resolution there were multiple threads made for the public to discuss. Same with the update scale before I was in HO.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

11-19-2018, 07:40 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Will there be any request for discussion on any of these issues for the general populace? I know when discussing the whole ice time resolution there were multiple threads made for the public to discuss. Same with the update scale before I was in HO.

I have every intention of doing that with the build templates. I know a lot has been said on the regression and sponsorship topics but if we come up with something that we think works we can definitely bring it up first.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

this HO roundup goes hand in hand with our current point task. Let HO know some of your thoughts on the current topics of discussion.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=90717

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

If HO needs any data from S43-S45 I have a lot of it . I also have some S42 as well

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Thank you dor doing this.

I am basically begging at this point that before any major changes are made that there can be a period of public discussion and debate. It is majorly depressing and disheartening to me every time we get a new retroactive rule/punishment handed down. I am done yelling about it. Im on the verge of leaving the SHL frankly. We need to talj shit out before these dictates are handed down as fait accomplis.

Don't want to stir up further controversy. I'm just pleading for reason. The five guys or so that are making these decisions need to trust the collective wisdom of the. league. We can do better together.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

yo HO is now leaking discord screenshots

when will this madness cease

11-19-2018, 09:40 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: yo HO is now leaking discord screenshots

when will this madness cease

lmfao

Good to know what's happening. Thanks for this post @TheDangaZone

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 10:42 AM by Dangles13.)

In conjecture with this I would like to start a semi-regular Podcast. It would be a panel type podcast with as many HO members as possible. We would like to have a Twitch stream so people can ask live questions and catch us off guard.

I just realized I said semi-retired :o

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Love the work on build templates. Will require a lot of work but I think if done right it could be a huge addition to the league. Sucks STHS is so unforgiving

In terms of expansion, as a former expansion GM, please please please make sure it is completely thought through, you aren't rushing into anything, and the GM's are set up with some good players. I don't know if it is necessary at this point, SMJHL doesn't seem too crazy full, I think we sometimes overreact to Reddit periods. Especially after last draft was so weak. But if the HO thinks it can work, and has done the math and the work, it could work out

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Just get a new team called "The Nordic Devils"

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

11-19-2018, 07:26 PM.bojo Wrote: ty

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]