Create Account

Open Letter to the City of Denver

Dear Denver,
When I first came here after being drafted two and a half seasons ago, I didn’t expect that this city would embrace me the way it has or that I would fall in love with this place the way I did. It has truly been an honor for me to represent you each night since I first became a Raptor.

You welcomed me, a kid from the Czech Republic, every night, and I gave my all to you guys as we tried to bring the 4 Star Cup home. I am truly sorry that we didn’t succeed in that goal. From the time I was first drafted here, the Raptors organization, and you, the fans, have been nothing but a classy group and the love you have shown me as a player is something that I will always be thankful for. My time in Colorado will be something that I will always treasure and is something that has shaped me as both a player and a person.

To my teammates, you all have made coming to the rink each day a truly wonderful experience. Each and every one of you was fantastic to spend time with and I think that I’ve been lucky enough to make some lifelong friends as well as some people that I will hopefully be teammates with at the next level. To all the new Raptors who are joining the organization today, embrace the Raptor Way. Embrace Denver and the city will embrace you back. I can’t imagine having the career I have had without the fans of this great organization behind me.

I didn’t know how my time here in Denver would end, I hoped maybe with a 4 Star Cup parade, but it wasn’t meant to be. I want to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. Denver will always hold a special place in my heart.

-Alex Winters

Word Count: 319

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

[Image: DcYIauHWAAEoNtk.jpg]

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 10:20 PM by hhh81.)

11-26-2018, 10:07 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: [Image: DcYIauHWAAEoNtk.jpg]

Raptors forever!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

<3

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Scarecrows

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page