Create Account

Pride UFA shopping list

Just in case others were worried to, I double checked to make sure this isn’t tampering, was told it’s not even close as long as not individual player is being targeted.

Pride Off-Season Shopping List

Also should say that these are just my own views and opinions are may or may not reflect the feelings of the San Francisco Pride, only our beloved general managers know that, and this Is just me having some fun with some media. I have full confidence in our GM duo, and whatever they determine to be our UFA needs I trust is accurate.

UFA Target A, Overview:

Winger
Pass first player, PA ideally 80_
High checking, CH ideally 80+
SHL veteran, 900+ TPE
To play on the first line along with Leshaun King and Luke Thomason

The Pride have shown over the last two drafts that they’re not going to go against the grain in the draft, and push themselves to draft players based on positional needs. They’ve been drafting based, first and foremost on character and secondly on who will be the best player in sim, regardless of position. With the conviction that if they adhere to these principals the rest will work itself out in the wash. So as a result the Pride have an embarrassment of Riches upfront. As of Sunday Nov 18th….

S36 - Dakota Reid - 908
S43 - Leshaun King - 653
S43 - Luke Thomason - 602
S43 - Goku Muerto - 555
S43 - Jeff Brogen - 527
S43 - Richard Metcalf Jr. - 501
S43 - Vince Reaper - 481
S43 - Jack Kennedy - 470
S43 - Steven Moyer - 444
S44 - Xena - 421
S43 - Eero Makinen - 344

Reid, King and Muerto are currently up with the big club, and it looks like next season the rest of the S43 cohort will be joining the team besides Jack Kennedy, and Eero Makinen, who will each stay down for one more. Xena also still will be in the juniors for another season, maybe two.

So now it comes to building lines. Next year the team will have three natural centres on the roster so it makes sense they’ll take the three spots down the middle

xxxx - King - xxxx
xxxx - Muerto - xxxxx
xxxxx - Moyer - xxxx

If the team tries to roll a two snipers and one playmaker strategy for each line. Then King’s line will need one of each, and Muerto and Moyer will each need a pair of sniper, ideally.

There is five other left to take spots.

S36 - Dakota Reid - 908
S43 - Luke Thomason - 602
S43 - Jeff Brogen - 527
S43 - Richard Metcalf Jr. - 501
S43 - Vince Reaper - 481

Which means the team can sign 1 more UFA, or use one of their inactives, likely their highest TPE earning one in Gill who has 614 TPE. Rumour has it that Luke’s incredible TPE earning pace over his first three seasons as a professional athlete has him penciled into the number one line. Which means that line will need its third player to be a playmaker. Which rules Dakota Reid, Jeff Brogen and Vince Reaper as being the third running mate to that line. The next two highest TPE snipers are Dakota Reid and Jeff Brogen. Reid also satisfies the need for having a checking winger on that line. This leaves Vince as the last sniper, which works well, since Moyer still needs someone to feed the puck to.

Thomason - King - xxxx
Reid - Muerto - Brogen
Reaper - Moyer - xxxx

Which leaves Richard Metcalf Jr. Leshaun and Richard seems destined to be glued to each other for there careers, dating back to there Halifax days. While a line of Thomason - King - Metcalf Jr. seems thrilling down the line, a trio of under developed players playing together on the 1st line in the SHL seems scary, especially in the West where they’ll be playing almost exclusively against elite talent in every spot every night. Which brings us to our current projection, and brings us to where UFA Target A fits in.

Thomason - King - xxxx
Reid - Muerto - Brogen
Reaper - Moyer - Metcalf Jr.

The top line winger spot is open and we can imagine the perfect candidate to fill that hole. First and foremost they need to be a playmaking winger. King and Luke will be eager to pepper goalies with shot but will need someone to feed them. Next if Luke and King have good off-seasons we expect Luke to hover around 725 TPE and King around 775 TPE. Since both are strong defensively we don’t expect them to get smothered on a first line, but we also can’t expect them to carry most of the load of the first line. So ideally they’ll need an established veteran winger someone with around 1k+ TPE. Lastly, King and Luke are soft players, they won’t be able to keep up with the physicality of the West on there own. So this winger would need to be strong on the puck and plays a physical game. Realistically 60-80 checking.

This winger would expect to get first line minutes, and some solid special teams ice time (how much is something that would require more thought and won’t delve into here)

Thomason - King - UFA A
Reid - Muerto - Brogen
Reaper - Moyer - Metcalf Jr.

UFA Target B, Overview:

Defensemen
Pass first player
SHL veteran, 900+ TPE
To play on the top pair alongside Isak Odegard

The Pride may not have as much depth on the blue line as they do upfront, but they have some spectacular pieces to build around.

S36 - Isak Ødegård  - 1610 TPE
S37 - Jack Tanner - 1530 TPE
S42 - Charlie Schieck - 736 TPE
S43 - Sean Stevenson Jr - 443 TPE
S44 - Ray Bork - 403 TPE

The two names which stand out right away are the two perennial Stevens contenders, Isak Odegard and Jack Tanner. Isak and Jack are elite defenders which together will create a strong core for the Pride’s back end. Unfortunately, they’re also almost identical players. As such the two haven’t been able to find the right chemistry on the blue line and so will need to be split between the top two pairs

Odegard - xxxx
Tanner - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx

Fortunately the pride have two puck movers and a shut down defender to compliment the shooting duo of Isak and Jack. Charlie Schieck should be the top defensemen to mack the jump this off-season from junior and is a capable puck mover. Ray Bork and Sean Stevenson Jr. joined the big club last season and also bring diversity to the blueline. Ray Bork in being another puck moving option and Sean Stevenson Jr, bringing that hard-nosed shot blocking game. One option would be to pair Schieck with Isak and Bork with Tanner. The team would likely be more comfortable with starting Schieck on the 2nd pair and Bork slide into the 3rd, until both are ready to move up the line up. Stevenson also being in the same boat will need some more time to build up his game before being ready for real SHL top four minutes, but we’re sure he’ll be very happy shot blocking to his hearts content on the third and on the penalty kill. Which gives us the following set up

Odegard - xxxx
Tanner - Schieck
Bork - Stevenson Jr.

Which leaves again another opening. This time for a top pairing pucking moving defender. Here we’re looking for an elite talent to play along side Isak. The ideal fit would be a pass first defender who can set Isak up for the one timers we’ve grown to love from him. Also to lead a top pairing this will need to be a mature player, one who is also likely 1k+ TPE. This player would have the opportunity to step right into a top pairing spot on a young and emerging Pride team.

Well there you have it, (from just my perspective) the Pride will be looking for a pair of assets this off-season to bolster and prop up there young core as it slowly fills out.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Do they need an E L I T E backup goalie because I'm the man

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-27-2018, 04:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: Do they need an E L I T E backup goalie because I'm the man

2 e-l33t 4 us

Falcons

Great article man

pride

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

When I was gm my fa list would be whoever was foolish enough to join me

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Stars shopping list:

Bread
Milk
Sugar
Tea
Elite Forward
Eggs
Future Goalie
Potatoes

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

11-27-2018, 08:43 PMNobody Wrote: Stars shopping list:

Bread
Milk
Sugar
Tea
Elite Forward
Eggs
Future Goalie
Potatoes

If yer makin sweet tea... Hmmmmmm

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

"pass first player"

oh man

that's my music

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Great job Kinger!

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

pride

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

i'm confused because i think you said dakota reid was drafted by sfp
he wasn't, he got traded here
the rw that sfp did draft in s36 was a colossal bust by the name of Joseph Lombardi

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

12-01-2018, 05:18 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: i'm confused because i think you said dakota reid was drafted by sfp
he wasn't, he got traded here
the rw that sfp did draft in s36 was a colossal bust by the name of Joseph Lombardi

Oh yeah I meant to say the colossal bust Joseph Lombardi. My bad. <3

Falcons