Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 13: Garbanzo Bean Expires (And Rambles) Edition

Lot of rambling my first podcast coming back into the media scene, but there are some somewhat okay points to be made.

Topics include:

Garbanzo is formally retired
Death of Tracotanza (New Name)
Discussing Samee Situation
Good/Bad/Ugly SMJHL Teams
Role as Mentor in SMJHL
Discussing Wedding and Reception
Top Defenders of the S20s and S30s
Comparing S20s to Today
Discussing Life/Thanksgiving
Responding to Big Slappy Hour's Take on Expansion (Good or bad?)
Advice (kind of) for New Podcasters

Thanks @"luketd" @Zoone16 @CptSquall @Slappydoodle @.bojo and @Bonk for questions. Shout out to Big Slappy Hour and Rich and Adam Podcast for giving me things to talk about.

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 13

All Past Beancasts

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

rip

Woooo SoundCloud.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

11-27-2018, 11:53 PMBonk Wrote: Woooo SoundCloud.

I did this just for you, my friend.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

11-28-2018, 12:24 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
11-27-2018, 11:53 PMBonk Wrote: Woooo SoundCloud.

I did this just for you, my friend.

Heart

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

First, BSH does not take responsibility, or necessarily condone or advocate for the views of it's infrequent guests. For example, i definitely disagree with much of what Esa had to say about expansion. I personally believe, despite his denials, that his focus is always on how something affects Calgary first and foremost.

Funny to listen to you listing top defensemen, not mention Bojo Biscuit and then have Bojo be the next guy up in your questions thread.

Bonk and I have long tried to foster a better, more interconnected and inclusive podcasting community around here. There have been some bleak times and sone really great periods along the way. Right now has to be about the strongest I've ever seen.

Once again, congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

11-28-2018, 02:15 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: First, BSH does not take responsibility, or necessarily condone or advocate for the views of it's infrequent guests.  For example, i definitely disagree with much of what Esa had to say about expansion. I personally believe, despite his denials, that his focus is always on how something affects Calgary first and foremost.

Funny to listen to you listing top defensemen, not mention Bojo Biscuit and then have Bojo be the next guy up in your questions thread.

Bonk and I have long tried to foster a better, more interconnected and inclusive podcasting community around here. There have been some bleak times and sone really great periods along the way. Right now has to be about the strongest I've ever seen.

Once again, congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. Cheers

Sorry for making it seem like my response was to all of you as if you guys all were on the same page. I was intending for it to be mainly a response to Esa's comments. Also I really enjoyed the back and forth between you guys regarding the Samee situation.

Also, I feel really dumb for not thinking of Bojo. I knew i was going to forget at least one good defender.

Thank you for the well wishes and I look forward to the next installment of the BSH!

11-28-2018, 02:15 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: Funny to listen to you listing top defensemen, not mention Bojo Biscuit and then have Bojo be the next guy up in your questions thread.

While I do appreciate that, it's actually ok not to be in that list. I know I was popular on the boards and I won a few turds, but the player himself was above average at best. Most of my "success" came from being on the the first line from day one. But stat-wise I never had much to show for. And it's hard to tell just how much I contributed defensively, as it is in actual hockey

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-28-2018, 08:35 AM.bojo Wrote:
11-28-2018, 02:15 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: Funny to listen to you listing top defensemen, not mention Bojo Biscuit and then have Bojo be the next guy up in your questions thread.

While I do appreciate that, it's actually ok not to be in that list. I know I was popular on the boards and I won a few turds, but the player himself was above average at best. Most of my "success" came from being on the the first line from day one. But stat-wise I never had much to show for. And it's hard to tell just how much I contributed defensively, as it is in actual hockey

I don’t know about all that bro. We have very different opinions of the player. From my perspective, at the time, I thought we had three of the best defenders in the league in Biscuit, Wagner and Maximova and Biscuit was the best of the three.

Klaus Wagner! That is who I was thinking of.

11-28-2018, 09:36 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Klaus Wagner! That is who I was thinking of.

Yeah, I was saying it out loud when you were thinking about it, lol. Pandar was one of the nicest, coolest, smartest and humble dudes I’ve ever met on here. A true pleasure to share a LR with.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 09:27 PM by Bonk.)

"Bonk is your co-host, right?"

[Image: 0J0NHEo.gif]

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

11-28-2018, 09:26 PMBonk Wrote: "Bonk is your co-host, right?"

[Image: 0J0NHEo.gif]

Ily though.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Props bruh

Tried to Grade, Wesbite says the track was removed?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!