Create Account

New Champions Week Ideas

11-29-2018, 11:16 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Since everyone wants free tpe and doesn't want to do shit for it just have a random prize generator where they get from 1-15tpe and be done with it, problem solved.

[Image: low-angle-view-scarecrow-against-cloudy-...0a609c.jpg]

11-29-2018, 11:19 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 11:08 AMkit Wrote: Or don’t. Tpe has gone up so much over the years we could just cut it and be done

Do you have the amount of TPE players gain each if they max earn season by season? I'm interested to see those numbers to find out if your claim is true.

nah not at the moment. But its not hard to see that theres been a significant change since i joined the site.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

11-29-2018, 11:22 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
11-29-2018, 11:19 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Do you have the amount of TPE players gain each if they max earn season by season? I'm interested to see those numbers to find out if your claim is true.

lmao you know he doesnt

who even are you?

I've done the research in the past when this discussion has come up, but i dont have it anymore

Affiliate of:
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 01:14 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

11-29-2018, 11:39 AMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 11:22 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: lmao you know he doesnt

who even are you?

I've done the research in the past when this discussion has come up, but i dont have it anymore

Alright these are the findings for players with over 100 TPE/per season earned (since we don't want averages being dragged down by players who aren't very active or are inactive).

S35 - 153
S36 - 143
S39 - 148
S40 - 153
S43 - 138

One could say the average is being brought down by those that earn between 100 and 120 TPE each season, we look at the top three earners in each class.

S35 - Highest: 185 ~ 2nd Highest: 184 ~ 3rd Highest: 171
S36 - Highest: 179 ~ 2nd Highest: 175 ~ 3rd Highest: 165
S39 - Highest: 181 ~ 2nd Highest: 172 ~ 3rd Highest: 170
S40 - Highest: 165 ~ 2nd Highest: 157 ~ 3rd Highest: 152
S43 - Highest: 185 ~ 2nd Highest: 169 ~ 3rd Highest: 167

So we I believe we see here is that there are between 0 and 2 exceptional earners each draft (S35 being the only one in this set that has 2 exceptional earners and S40 being the only one that has none).

I'm sure your gripe with inflated TPE numbers stems from back when you joined in S20 when you saw players such as Argar's. Back then Argar's TPE peaked at 2209. (2209-155)/11 seasons means he earned 186 TPE a season. So my findings are that in the longterm we've seen TPE inflation actually stagnate and in the short term we're seeing relatively stable numbers as well. Even with a player like King who has been recruiting several players a season and created as soon as new season creation opened up he's earning 185 TPE a season and is 16 TPE/season above the next player. I really just don't see this TPE inflation that you're talking about. You also have to take into account the fact that we're talking about max earners here and when you look at say the 2nd and 3rd highest earners you immediately see drop offs. if we were to remove Champions Week without some sort of replacement that'd leave a 15 TPE void which I think based on historical numbers would put new players at an even larger disadvantage than the current regression percentages already have them at.

You can make the argument that we should just raise capped TPE by 15 and add that TPE to point tasks and weekend funtimes, but personally I'm against that because it reduces the amount of activity we'll see on the site. Others may see Champions Week as an obnoxious seasonal TPE hurdle, but I'd hope that we can find a way to change into an exciting seasonal event.

@Good_Ole_Kimmy is a member who created his first player in S43 and has become a very valuable member of the site. He recently became a Co-GM for the Colorado Raptors, creates podcasts and graphics, and managed a WJC team in S43.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

How about doing 2 media and/or graphics related to the SHL finals, and have a claims thread where you link to the two things. That way it's still related to the championship and gives people more freedom to do whatever they want. It can be about anything.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-29-2018, 11:39 AMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 11:22 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: lmao you know he doesnt

I'd also like to say that stating you have done research in the past but don't have it anymore really discredits your argument. It causes people to have to choose between which side they think sounds more correct or what they want to believe rather than actually seeing data and making decisions based on that. It's something we've seen come up with real world political issues so it's proven that it's a tactic that works. For the sake of actually improving the site I think everyone should make a conscious effort not to do this in the future because all it does is derail our efforts toward improving the site when we have to flesh out fact vs opinions.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

I wish we could just do away with PTs and just tie it to media in some way (no not like the VHL).

A certain number of words gets you a certain amount of TPE up to a point. You pick whether you get money or TPE out of the media piece. We don't worry about PTs (except for playoff brackets and predictions) and we get more media.

I fixed everything, yay.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

11-29-2018, 12:55 PM.bojo Wrote: How about doing 2 media and/or graphics related to the SHL finals, and have a claims thread where you link to the two things. That way it's still related to the championship and gives people more freedom to do whatever they want. It can be about anything.

That's not a bad idea. Gives people the freedom to create their own storylines or be surface level if they want. If we fleshed this out it could certainly work. Would definitely need some guidelines to ensure people are actually putting in some effort.

11-29-2018, 12:57 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 12:55 PM.bojo Wrote: How about doing 2 media and/or graphics related to the SHL finals, and have a claims thread where you link to the two things. That way it's still related to the championship and gives people more freedom to do whatever they want. It can be about anything.

That's not a bad idea. Gives people the freedom to create their own storylines or be surface level if they want. If we fleshed this out it could certainly work. Would definitely need some guidelines to ensure people are actually putting in some effort.

I think a word minimum, and making sure it doesn't look like Ms paint should be fine. Don't want to worry about quality too much, when lots of previous CW were just a bunch of filler.

11-29-2018, 12:56 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 11:39 AMkit Wrote: I've done the research in the past when this discussion has come up, but i dont have it anymore

I'd also like to say that stating you have done research in the past but don't have it anymore really discredits your argument. It causes people to have to choose between which side they think sounds more correct or what they want to believe rather than actually seeing data and making decisions based on that. It's something we've seen come up with real world political issues so it's proven that it's a tactic that works. For the sake of actually improving the site I think everyone should make a conscious effort not to do this in the future because all it does is derail our efforts toward improving the site when we have to flesh out fact vs opinions.

lmfao

sorry i dont have the information readily available but its not hard to see when the top earners had a max of 1500 tpe and nowadays we have multiple people with over 2000, argar and esa being the firsts i think it shows that throughout their careers something changed that increased tpe given out.

but fake news amirite

Affiliate of:

11-29-2018, 01:58 PMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 12:56 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'd also like to say that stating you have done research in the past but don't have it anymore really discredits your argument. It causes people to have to choose between which side they think sounds more correct or what they want to believe rather than actually seeing data and making decisions based on that. It's something we've seen come up with real world political issues so it's proven that it's a tactic that works. For the sake of actually improving the site I think everyone should make a conscious effort not to do this in the future because all it does is derail our efforts toward improving the site when we have to flesh out fact vs opinions.

lmfao

sorry i dont have the information readily available but its not hard to see when the top earners had a max of 1500 tpe and nowadays we have multiple people with over 2000, argar and esa being the firsts i think it shows that throughout their careers something changed that increased tpe given out.

but fake news amirite

Kit this isn't you against me. This is us against perpetuating false statements. When you joined in S20 players such Argar were able to hit 2k TPE at the same rate they are right now based on max TPE gains.

If you want to look further back to S5-S20 we could do that, but I don't have the information readily available so I won't make a statement on the average/max TPE gains of players during those seasons. What I can say is that based on average gains between S20 to the present the TPE gains available players have not changed in any significant amount. I can't see any evidence to the contrary and I implore you to produce some. Otherwise this is just derailing the thread.

11-29-2018, 02:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 01:58 PMkit Wrote: lmfao

but fake news amirite

Kit this isn't you against me. This is us against perpetuating false statements. When you joined in S20 players such Argar were able to hit 2k TPE at the same rate they are right now based on max TPE gains.

If you want to look further back to S5-S20 we could do that, but I don't have the information readily available so I won't make a statement on the average/max TPE gains of players during those seasons. What I can say is that based on average gains between S20 to the present the TPE gains available players have not changed in any significant amount. I can't see any evidence to the contrary and I implore you to produce some. Otherwise this is just derailing the thread.

Well yeah I wasnt really tryna say that tpe has gone up in the last like 10 seasons cuz ive been inactive compared to the 10 before that. All im sayin is that from like s20-25 tpe available was lower than it has been the last 10 seasonsish and it was nice

Affiliate of:

11-29-2018, 02:21 PMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Kit this isn't you against me. This is us against perpetuating false statements. When you joined in S20 players such Argar were able to hit 2k TPE at the same rate they are right now based on max TPE gains.

Well yeah I wasnt really tryna say that tpe has gone up in the last like 10 seasons cuz ive been inactive compared to the 10 before that. All im sayin is that from like s20-25 tpe available was lower than it has been the last 10 seasonsish and it was nice

If that were true then Argar's player who was created in S21 would have had 4 seasons where his TPE gains were lower than that of the players between S35-S43, but that data I presented shows that to be false unless you can find some sort of mistakes I've made in my assertions.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 02:32 PM by .bojo.)

TPE honestly hasn't felt like it's changed for me. CW, trainings, ac, PT, milestones, ttc. Only thing added was weekend funtime, which is about 5 tpe a month. Is there other stuff?

11-29-2018, 02:25 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:21 PMkit Wrote: Well yeah I wasnt really tryna say that tpe has gone up in the last like 10 seasons cuz ive been inactive compared to the 10 before that. All im sayin is that from like s20-25 tpe available was lower than it has been the last 10 seasonsish and it was nice

If that were true then Argar's player who was created in S21 would have had 4 seasons where his TPE gains were lower than that of the players between S35-S43, but that data I presented shows that to be false unless you can find some sort of mistakes I've made in my assertions.
just because his average tpe gain is around the same of the last 10 seasons doesnt mean it didnt go up from lets say like S20-S28. I have no idea what the numbers are and frankly dont care enough to look into it cuz itd be hard, but the mid-late S20's very well couldve been giving out well above the average tpe thus skewing people like argars and esas average. What youre doing is taking a vague statistic and making leaps when making concluding statements, which is another massive problem in the media and todays politics, and for someone preaching that we need to stay truthful and non-manipulative comes off as a bit hypocritical to me

Affiliate of: