Create Account

New Champions Week Ideas

11-29-2018, 02:26 PM.bojo Wrote: TPE honestly hasn't felt like it's changed for me. CW, trainings, ac, PT, milestones, ttc. Only thing added was weekend funtime, which is about 5 tpe a month. Is there other stuff?

On top of that unless you're one the discussion leaders the TPE is capped so that's a total of 5 TPE among the entire site being added.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

If you don't have anything nice to say...
I forgot how the rest goes, fuck you cal

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Championship week blows. Here, NSFL, wherever. It’s just a pain in the ass and not the slightest bit enjoyable.

With that said hopefully some nice suggestions are made. Or we can just remove CW entirely and raise TPE for activity checks from 2 to 3 Smile)

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-29-2018, 02:38 PMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:25 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: If that were true then Argar's player who was created in S21 would have had 4 seasons where his TPE gains were lower than that of the players between S35-S43, but that data I presented shows that to be false unless you can find some sort of mistakes I've made in my assertions.
just because his average tpe gain is around the same of the last 10 seasons doesnt mean it didnt go up from lets say like S20-S28. I have no idea what the numbers are and frankly dont care enough to look into it cuz itd be hard, but the mid-late S20's very well couldve been giving out well above the average tpe thus skewing people like argars and esas average. What youre doing is taking a vague statistic and making leaps when making concluding statements, which is another massive problem in the media and todays politics, and for someone preaching that we need to stay truthful and non-manipulative comes off as a bit hypocritical to me

You're obviously just looking to argue and not willing to put in the time to think about how what you've said doesn't make sense. Alonzo Garbanzo was created in S21. That means if for a single season as a max earner he had any sort of TPE advantage or disadvantage it would be reflected in the average amount of TPE he gained when compared to that of max earners such as King or Coach Biz. But the numbers are nearly identical. I'm not making vague statements, I'm making very compact and specific statements.

For some reason you're unwilling to consider that you may be incorrect about this and I don't know why. At this point you're just wasting my time and trolling, but at least when someone else brings this up I can point to the statistics shown in this thread as evidence of TPE inflation being false and if they find evidence to the contrary then we can have some sort of productive conversation about it.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

11-29-2018, 02:21 PMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Kit this isn't you against me. This is us against perpetuating false statements. When you joined in S20 players such Argar were able to hit 2k TPE at the same rate they are right now based on max TPE gains.

If you want to look further back to S5-S20 we could do that, but I don't have the information readily available so I won't make a statement on the average/max TPE gains of players during those seasons. What I can say is that based on average gains between S20 to the present the TPE gains available players have not changed in any significant amount. I can't see any evidence to the contrary and I implore you to produce some. Otherwise this is just derailing the thread.

Well yeah I wasnt really tryna say that tpe has gone up in the last like 10 seasons cuz ive been inactive compared to the 10 before that. All im sayin is that from like s20-25 tpe available was lower than it has been the last 10 seasonsish and it was nice

I'm pretty sure there was a huge spike in uncapped TPE being thrown around between S20-25 which caused people to clamp down on the amount of TPE provided.

Hell I remember Championship Week being worth 18 TPE.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 02:49 PM by WannabeFinn.)

Also, I agree with Bojo in regards to the fact that it doesn’t feel like much has changed in terms of TPE since S19. In fact, TPE from PbP’s is a mere fraction of what it once was.

Personally I believe the reason we see more players with high end TPE (and thus begin to think more TPE is handed out) is because the league has brought in a ton of high-effort users from reddit (starting with the S20 draft class) and the change of the update scale in the late S20’s forced people to earn more than like 1,300 TPE to actually max out their player.

11-29-2018, 02:40 PMSlashACM Wrote: If you don't have anything nice to say...
I forgot how the rest goes, fuck you cal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPaJSGDqS0

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 02:53 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

If I remember correctly then we managed to more or less put a stop to TPE-inflation in the late S20s to early S30s and things have been relative stable since. While there isn't much inflation anymore, the TPE-level that we are at is still rather high though and it certainly seems like it's easier to get to 1500+ than it was say 15 seasons ago. Now some of that may be due to some of the reddit classes of said time, most prominently S31, that simply brought in a bunch of super active people. We've had 2000 TPE people like ArGar, Eggy and Esa who all joined in the S20s, but it feels like back then the moderately actives topped out somewhere in the 1300-1500 TPE range whereas nowadays then can relatively easily make it to 1600-1800. I'd say that this is where the perceived inflation is coming from.

11-29-2018, 02:47 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:38 PMkit Wrote: just because his average tpe gain is around the same of the last 10 seasons doesnt mean it didnt go up from lets say like S20-S28. I have no idea what the numbers are and frankly dont care enough to look into it cuz itd be hard, but the mid-late S20's very well couldve been giving out well above the average tpe thus skewing people like argars and esas average. What youre doing is taking a vague statistic and making leaps when making concluding statements, which is another massive problem in the media and todays politics, and for someone preaching that we need to stay truthful and non-manipulative comes off as a bit hypocritical to me

You're obviously just looking to argue and not willing to put in the time to think about how what you've said doesn't make sense. Alonzo Garbanzo was created in S21. That means if for a single season as a max earner he had any sort of TPE advantage or disadvantage it would be reflected in the average amount of TPE he gained when compared to that of max earners such as King or Coach Biz. But the numbers are nearly identical. I'm not making vague statements, I'm making very compact and specific statements.

For some reason you're unwilling to consider that you may be incorrect about this and I don't know why. At this point you're just wasting my time and trolling, but at least when someone else brings this up I can point to the statistics shown in this thread as evidence of TPE inflation being false and if they find evidence to the contrary then we can have some sort of productive conversation about it.

I dont think you understand what im saying. Just because the average growth of garbonzo was similar to the average growth of these other players doesnt mean there cant be seasons that had more or less than the average. without looking at the seasons individually you cant determine if there are any outliers on either side, for all we know the average if you take out a season in the mid S20's could dive down or jump up. thus you cant infer that the tpe given out at any point was the same as its given out now. thats not how statistics work unfortunately.

Im not trying to troll. sure my first comment in here was but this is something ive discussed numerous amounts of times throughout my time on the shl. Inflation started shortly after i joined as ive been saying since the start, which is early to mid s20's. I could be wrong yes, but you havent shown me anything compelling to make me feel like I am. I apologize that I dont want to expend the effort to go find individual seasons max tpe gained, but that realy doesnt seem like a productive use of my time. You're free to believe whatever.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

11-29-2018, 02:48 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:21 PMkit Wrote: Well yeah I wasnt really tryna say that tpe has gone up in the last like 10 seasons cuz ive been inactive compared to the 10 before that. All im sayin is that from like s20-25 tpe available was lower than it has been the last 10 seasonsish and it was nice

I'm pretty sure there was a huge spike in uncapped TPE being thrown around between S20-25 which caused people to clamp down on the amount of TPE provided.

Hell I remember Championship Week being worth 18 TPE.

yeah i remember in my first season CW was 21 tpe, but at the time the top earners were earning less tpe than now. I remember having this conversation with you a few seasons back and it was difficult to determine what exactly the cause was.

Affiliate of:

11-29-2018, 02:48 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Also, I agree with Bojo in regards to the fact that it doesn’t feel like much has changed in terms of TPE since S19. In fact, TPE from PbP’s is a mere fraction of what it once was.

Personally I believe the reason we see more players with high end TPE (and thus begin to think more TPE is handed out) is because the league has brought in a ton of high-effort users from reddit (starting with the S20 draft class) and the change of the update scale in the late S20’s forced people to earn more than like 1,300 TPE to actually max out their player.

you were inactive tho

Affiliate of:

11-29-2018, 02:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Championship week blows. Here, NSFL, wherever. It’s just a pain in the ass and not the slightest bit enjoyable.

With that said hopefully some nice suggestions are made. Or we can just remove CW entirely and raise TPE for activity checks from 2 to 3 Smile)

i second this

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

11-29-2018, 02:56 PMkit Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:48 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Also, I agree with Bojo in regards to the fact that it doesn’t feel like much has changed in terms of TPE since S19. In fact, TPE from PbP’s is a mere fraction of what it once was.

you were inactive tho
inactive S21 and S22 big whoop kitty kat

11-29-2018, 03:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:56 PMkit Wrote: you were inactive tho

it was a big whoop for me! :((

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-29-2018, 03:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-29-2018, 02:56 PMkit Wrote: you were inactive tho

ya SCRUB