Create Account

4k posts presser
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 08:15 AM by Avakael.)

Ready to grade.

I got here before, but then all the old fantasy groups were deleted, and so I lost several hundred posts. But now I'm back. I'm also stepping down from fantasy league management. AMA.

~~~

11-29-2018, 08:39 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: what’s it like being a hockey fan in Australia when the only player the country has really produced is kind of a scrub in Nathan Walker

There's not many NHL fans in Australia. The most popular North American sport down here by far is Basketball, and Michael Jordan made sure of that- even I had some Bulls branded stuff. None of my friends are fans. I do see some jerseys around, and they're usually Toronto. You'll find plenty of hockey fans at Australian Ice Hockey League games, though. The teams usually have half a dozen ECHL level imports leading the charge, so it's watchable quality. Nathan Walker got a little bit of limelight, but not very much- arguably no more than what Nathan Walker himself got over there for being the first Australian to play in the NHL. On the other hand, I did note that Australian Broadcasting Corporation reporters were giving score updates on Stanley Cup Final games these last playoffs, though, so it's not completely invisible.

11-30-2018, 06:45 PMNobody Wrote: How many things have tried to kill you in Australia? any drop bears?

Honestly? Next to nothing. A few huntsman spiders have taken walks across my windscreen when driving. I don't live in crocodile territory, I've never run into a shark, and I've only ever seen snakes from a safe distance. The animal most likely to kill you down here are horses.

11-30-2018, 06:45 PMNobody Wrote: How the hell do you have the patience to do fantasy every season?

Through the power of aggressively setting up tools to handle as many of the really annoying little time consuming parts as possible. The fantasy index is merely the front facing tool; I have a couple others for things like fantasy group creation, fetching the sim data for daily fantasy updates, formula experimentation and the stuff I built to assist me for media piece creation. There aren't many people who start shit.

11-30-2018, 06:45 PMNobody Wrote: Where do I send the money to get a fantasy rig?

You don't. You just get good at it. There's a small group of people who've completely cracked fantasy and picking users and usually win no matter where they are in the draft order- unless they're playing each other. I'd count those users as Velevra, raymond3000, Toedragon81, Baelor, sarmo. You could also count some guys like Slappy, Bonk, WoZy, bzerkap, JKortesi and McJesus on the outskirts of that group too. I briefly had a repeating media piece on who the best fantasy participants of the previous 6 seasons were, but college has kept me away from it. Might do a single piece outlining all the missed seasons this summer.

11-30-2018, 07:21 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Hey cutie. No questions, just saying hi

[Image: KJM3mUk.jpg]

11-30-2018, 10:23 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: First off, im not taking a back seat to any of those cats, as good as they may be.

With that out of the way, why are you abandoning SHL fantasy, risking returning us to the dark ages? I’m not sure you fully appreciate how horrible it was before you sparked the Renaissance.

Sure you aren't.

I'm stepping back from Fantasy because I'm tired of it- tired to the point that I was struggling to bring myself to actually do the important bits such as ensuring groups are intact and on track, making sure swaps were happening, and even just updating the damn sheet with the daily sim data. This does not mean we will return to the foggy days; it just means someone else will be operating all the tools and sheets I built. Hopefully, they'll be able to keep improving on some of the things I never got around to.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

what’s it like being a hockey fan in Australia when the only player the country has really produced is kind of a scrub in Nathan Walker

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Bumping this, I'm not submitting a 200 word media piece. Cry

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

How many things have tried to kill you in Australia? any drop bears?

How the hell do you have the patience to do fantasy every season?

Where do I send the money to get a fantasy rig?

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Hey cutie. No questions, just saying hi

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-29-2018, 07:31 AMAvakael Wrote: There's a small group of people who've completely cracked fantasy and picking users and usually win no matter where they are in the draft order- unless they're playing each other. I'd count those users as Velevra, raymond3000, Toedragon81, Baelor, sarmo. You could also count some guys like Slappy, Bonk, WoZy, bzerkap, JKortesi and McJesus on the outskirts of that group too.

First off, im not taking a back seat to any of those cats, as good as they may be.

With that out of the way, why are you abandoning SHL fantasy, risking returning us to the dark ages? I’m not sure you fully appreciate how horrible it was before you sparked the Renaissance.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Is this ready to grade yet buddy?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!