Create Account

Hit or Miss: ml's Draft History

Hit or Miss: ml's SMJHL Draft History

So I drafted in the SMJHL for five seasons and I was interested to see if how the many players that I drafted or was apart of drafting. Since this list isn't getting bigger anymore I figured I'd dig up the ole drafts and see how I did.

S40 SMJHL Entry Draft
Needs: Everything. This team was stripped of everything of value as Sleepo and I tried to rebuild the team for future.

Round 3, Pick 22: Riot G Benjamin Blue (First Gen) TPE: 566 TPE
My first draft pick, and one of my best, Blue was a kid who a lot of GMs had written off because his previous players, I use so very lightly, never even had update threads made, but after talking to him before the draft, I was dead set on taking him. I managed to help him create an update thread and eventually he capped, won two Corcoran Trophies, and is now in the big leagues.

Round 4, Pick 27: W Alfons Ackermann (Recreate) TPE: 155
Twas a hail mary on a recreate that looked inactive. Glowy is a dimbus.

S41 SMJHL Entry Draft
Needs: Still just about everything, but found some decent forwards in free agency in the previous season. Focused mostly on defense, but also on forwards where needed.

Round 1, Pick 6: Armada D Karl Von Wittlesbach (First Gen) TPE: 243
Well it isn't a bad pick considering it got the team a pretty good IFA to use for a while. Ripple was going strong for a while, but some personal life things took his attention and he didn't have time for the site anymore. Not a great pick but definitely a useful one at the least.

Round 1, Pick 8: Stars D Jordon von Matt (First Gen) TPE: 606
Well a trend is starting to form here as we are four picks in and three have been first gens. JVM is one of my better picks and is a great guy to have in any locker room. He was a solid defenseman for PGF/ANC during his time in juniors and he's a big part of our plans in Toronto.

Round 2, Pick 10: Rage W Cameron Carter II (Recreate) TPE: 506
Another recreate, and it's Boom. Almost won MVP in his one send down season, but just not quite. However he was a huge apart of our playoff series win in S41.

Round 4, Pick 32: C Matthew Buffon (First Gen) TPE: 155
Big ole wiff on a first gen, won't be the first time this is said, and it probably could have been predicted. Started with a defense weakness, and never got around to changing it so he is lost to SMJHL free agency until he is auto retired.

Round 5, Pick 33: W Geno Natostado (First Gen) TPE: 215
Friend of Sleepo. He was active for a while, but never had consistent updating and eventually went inactive. RIP

Round 6, Pick 41 D Neil Quade (First Gen) TPE: 155
Late round swing that nothing came of.

S42 SMJHL Entry Draft aka Tomen is saint for helping me with this draft
Needs: Mostly filling out the forward core and defense.

Round 1, Pick 1: Rage C Jax Aittokallio (Recreate) TPE: 603
Won the draft lottery, and picked a sure thing. JayWhy has been an excellent addition to the locker room and honestly I love having him around even though he made it his goal to try to get me to die of natural causes. His knowledge of STHS is crazy and I'd be lying if I didn't learn anything from him. Sadly didn't do jack shit with his player, but I got a 2nd round pick for him so worth.

Round 1, Pick 6: Armada  Chiefs W Eero Niemi (Recreate) TPE: 485
Went with another sure thing at the start of a reddit draft, and got my good ole spooky boi. Spooked filled in as my Co and my rock while I was Head GM. He's built a great player that should be down for a full SMJHL term so this is an excellent pick imo.

Round 2, Pick 15: D Jonatan Back (First Gen) TPE: 155
It wouldn't be a day in the Armada LR without this pick being mentioned and me being mocked. Easily my worst pick ever, and I say this without looking at my next two drafts. Pre-draft talks were really promising, and the guy I was hoping to pick here was gone, so I took a big ole swing and a miss. Maybe someday he'll come back from vacation. f

Round 5, Pick 34: Armada  Stampede  W Bust (Recreate) TPE: 408
Well after an awful pick, I followed it up with an excellent pick and got a player who will probably be with the team for all years of eligibility before being called up. How a recreate lasted to this pick is baffling to me still, but hey at least I got a win here.

Round 6, Pick 42: Platoon D Rex Kirkby (First Gen) TPE: 591
I gotta give Tomen props for noticing that Assclap was online during the draft. A grand slam of a pick, and now the Head GM of the Anchorage Armada, I couldn't be happier with this pick, both due to the value of the pick, but also cause Assclap is a fantastic member of the team and site as a whole. Also I got a 2nd round pick for him so that is turning a 6th into a 2nd, so suck it SMJHL trade market.

Round 7, Pick 50: Rage W Ryan Mason (First Gen) TPE: 236
So close to a home run pick here, but his activity faded and he ghosted the team. In the 7th round, it's hard to complain about a pick, but I always wonder what could have been.

Round 9, Pick 66: W Kjell Spolander (First Gen) TPE: 163
Round 10, Pick 73: W Kalle Spolander (First Gen) TPE: 163
Throwing these two together since they were related. Thought I'd take a shot late on these to hoping that getting them together would get them active but oh well.

Round 10, Pick 74: Armada D Tucker Baloo (First Gen) TPE: 198
So close to a home run here, but fell into activity. At least the team got a solid 166-199 TPE IFA for a few seasons out of it.

Round 11, Pick 81: Armada G Larry Atta (First Gen) TPE: 155
Annoying that Slash was available here and I took a different goalie, but oh well hard to predict that. Atta still the GOAT back up.

S43 SMJHL Entry Draft
Needs: Really wanted a goalie but none created. So the next thing was getting in centers since I knew Aittokalio was heading up the next season. An offensive dman if possible and lastly foward depth.

Round 1, Pick 6: Armada  pride C Xena (First Gen) TPE: 429
I still love this pick, but even more so after the S44 Entry Draft. Xena has a great player already, and looks like will be a key piece in success for the Armada. She was a bit quiet in the locker room in her first season, but with the additions of the other two Armamas, she's really opened up and became more involved in the LR, which is awesome. (My trend of first gens continue as it is now 14/19)

Round 3, Pick 21: Armada  Chiefs C Dean Colt III (Recreate) TPE: 315
After signing Mac's free agent in the previous season, and then that player going undrafted, and him essentially having to recreate to actually progress, I was going to pick him at this spot no matter what. In his short time with the team, I felt he had really changed and bonded with the locker room and getting him back in was important to me. While he still needs to cap, zoomeyes, he's still active and growing, so he should be a key part of the the team going forward.

Round 4, Pick 26: Armada  Renegades D Stolp Skottson (First Gen) TPE: 201
Shot in the dark here, and a decent IFA defenseman that can add offense to a team that needs it.

Round 4, Pick 29: W Maurice Amin (First Gen) TPE: 201
Wasn't really around much before going inactive.

Round 5, Pick 37: W Chase McAllister (First Gen) TPE: 155
Inactive I knew from another league that I was hoping to keep active here, so not much to fuss about.

S44 SMJHL Entry Draft aka My "Coup De Grâce"
Needs: ACTIVE OFFENSIVE D. Fill out the forwards and defense with the best players available.

Round 1, Pick 2: Armada D Leopold Lockhart (Recreate) TPE: 258
While I was sad to lose the lottery and miss out on an alum in Tomen, I think it may have been a blessing in disguise since it forced me to pick for need. EJ has become a staple in the LR as a part of the Armamas and Lockhart was the perfect fit for the roster needs. Near the top of the class in TPE, and a perfect fit in the LR, perfect pick.

Round 1, Pick 7: Armada W Mika Mayfield (First Gen) TPE: 275
My final trade as GM of the Armada was moving up to pick Mayfield, and I got no regerts. A TPE earning monster, getting that money, and the final member of the Armamas, Badwolf has shown that she is already a great member of the Armada LR. Whomever wins the draft lottery in the SHL, if you don't pick her you aren't doing your job correctly.

Round 2, Pick 15: Armada C Kenji Yoshimura (Recreate) TPE: 215
I brought Smitty in late in S43 and he liked the LR, so I picked him at 15th overall. Solid pick and should be a decent long term player for the team as he earns at his own pace.

Round 3, Pick 20: Armada D Vegeta Muerto (First Gen) TPE: 241
One of King's many multi's in the Armada LR, Vegeta has been an excellent pick for a third rounder. He wanted to be drafted to the same team as Xena, and he's kept his end of the bargain up by staying active. Usually pops his head into the LR a few times a week and is doing a great job of growing his player. Also works out to be the perfect foil for Lockhart as a player.

Round 3, Pick 23: Armada W Maxime Bouchard (First Gen) TPE: 250
Another third round gem, Were has been an excellent addition to the locker room. Earning TPE like a maniac, and is in the LR every day. I expect Bouchard to be an excellent player for the Armada and some SHL team is going to be ecstatic to get him come draft night.

Round 4, Pick 25: Armada W Arsène Arsenich (Recreate) TPE: 239
To finish my final draft, I hit again on a late pick (for a non-reddit draft). Kris is earning at a steady pace and knows how to build an excellent SMJHL player. Kris has also been excellent in the LR to boot and was the perfect way to wrap up my best all-around draft class.

So the final count for those who care:
29 Picks
20 First Gens
9 Recreates
A lotta busts
One good Bust

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 05:34 PM by SlashACM.)

Guess you never miss huh

Great read

Also don't beat yourself up about not picking me, I wasn't active until a week after the draft so I probably didn't look appealing

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-29-2018, 05:28 PMSlashACM Wrote: Guess you never miss huh

Great read

Incorrect I miss more than my player misses the net

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Shoot your shot and you missed

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

11-29-2018, 05:29 PMml002 Wrote:

Great read

Yeah but inactives are like Starbucks
Why the fuck are there so many of them

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

good job Tomen

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

aw, I love this.

<3

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

busts love to pick busts

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

11-29-2018, 06:25 PMMuford Wrote: busts love to pick busts

I'm the bustiest person in the shl bar none

11-29-2018, 05:29 PMml002 Wrote:

Great read

Ehh both are pretty large numbers tbh

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

You got a boyfriend i bet he doesn’t kiss ya