Create Account

Vancouver Whalers Year End Review

This is the Season 44 end of the SMJHL Season. The Whalers, fresh off a 4 Star Cup win, and 3 time Laurifers Winners in a row are back again to try to win their 2nd 4 Star Cup in a row, and maintain dominance in the league. So lets see what we have done in the standings, Stats Etc

Standings:

Whalers have placed 3rd in the Season Standings with 27-18-5 getting 59 points for the season. 1st place was Detroit and St Louis.

At home we went 16-8-1 and on Away Games we were 11-10-4, which is good as we gave the home stadium what they wanted.

Whalers had the highest Goals For than any other Team, with 193 Goals Scored this season, with many more Assists to be handed out. They also had a high Goals Against though, with 166 goals allowed.

Individual Leaders:

While so many Goals and Points Scored, we have a lot of great Whalers Members cracking the Top 10's

GOALS:
2nd - Jack Kennedy - 24
3rd - Luke Thomason - 22
3rd- Noah Nowes - 22

ASSISTS
1st - Barret McCarthy - 42
2nd - Taurus Karazija - 36
3rd - Kevin Maddox - 35 (Though he was on COL for most of the time, but he got 7/35 on Whalers)
5th - Andrew Martin - 33
8th - Luke Thomason - 31
9th - Jack Kennedy - 30

SHOTS
4th - Jack Kennedy - 173
10th- Max Mauldin - 159

SHOTS %
5th William Goose - 16.36 %
6th Shaquille Derisraka - 16.19

CENTERS
5th - Shaquille Derisraka - 17-21- 38(Points)

LEFT WINGERS
1st Jack Kennedy - 24-30-54
2nd Luke Thomason - 22-31-53
5th Max Mauldin - 18-27-45
6th Noah Nowes - 22-22-44

RIGHT WINGERS
3rd Andrew Martin - 16-33-49

Defensemen
1st Barret McCarthy - 8-42-50
2nd Taurus Karazija - 12-36-48
3rd Kevin Maddox - 9-35-44

POINTS PER 2 Minutes
3rd Jack Kennedy 1.15
4th Max Mauldin 1.04
5th Luke Thomason 1.03
7th Noah Nowes .98

POWER PLAY GOALS
2nd Jack Kennedy - 9
3rd Kevin Maddox - 8

SHORT HANDED GOALS
1st Andrew Martin - 2
1st Luke Thomason - 2

There are some more for Forwards, but some of them arent that fun

So Lets get into the Personal Achievements for the Boys in Green and Blue

Barret McCarthy:
Stepping into the role of one of the best Defensemen in the league, he proved it, setting a Whalers Seasonal Record, helping himself to 42 Assists, beating out the old record holder Jon Ross, and Rostislav Pirozhkov  both having 38 assists. So congrats to @Inf1d3l to getting the record for the Whalers.

Barret McCarthy also was 1 away from Tying the Shots Blocked. Nicklas Bjornsen hold the record with 78 Shots Blocked. McCarthy has 77, so also congrats with him.

Johannes Leitner: @"AndrewWarren13"
Holding inbetween the pipes for the last 2 seasons, Leitner has secured himself as one of the all time greats goaltenders of Whalers of all time. He already hold the record for most Wins in a season, of that being 31-9-1 last season. With this season, with Leitner getting 22 wins, he climbs up to top 5 of all time he is with 61 wins in total, making him 3rd in the TOP 5. So congrats to him, and thank you for helping us win the 4 star cup last season and hopefully this season as well.

Luke Thomason
Not Officially, but Thomason has the record for PK Points in a season with 4 of them, so congrats to me I guess...

But anyway, we also signed some 2 latecomers to the Whalers in @ebay_12 and @Gobbles which will help secure the victory for us, as we head into the Finals. Ill probably make a After Finals one too if any whalers break and records or anything.

Lets go Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wow I wish my gm wrote something like this

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-29-2018, 09:13 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wow I wish my gm wrote something like this

go ask him @JKortesi81

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Great write up, thanks for the love, and congrats to the entire Whalers team on another strong regular season

11-29-2018, 09:22 PMluketd Wrote: go ask him @JKortesi81 @TML99

FTFY

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page