Create Account

S 44 Renegades Post Mordum
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 06:59 PM by Jearim.)

Another season in the books for the Texas Renegades, another season without playoffs for the Renegades. Here at the Post mordem, we met up with the players as they cleaned out their lockers, had their exit interviews and met the media.

10 am at the rink, the place is littered with journalists waiting for their turn to meet the players for interviews. One by one the players came out to the podium and faced the questions. One by one until the final press conference of the season by the GMs. The players media availability started with new comer Louie Garrett.

L.G “ It’s a little tough to swallow to be honest. That final push, we really felt we had a real shot to make it. Unfortunately it just didn’t happen. Next season will be a little different. This team is pretty solid. It’s a great group of guys and i feel at home here. Maybe it’s that Liam is here so the transition was a little easier knowing someone here.”

Reporter. “ How do you feel about your time in Seattle? Are you glad to no longer be a riot?”

L.G “ First off, don’t ask me questions about Seattle. This is Texas and Seattle is a different team. So i won’t be answering Seattle questions. I will Say that I could have seen myself playing there for the rest of my Career. I really enjoyed my time there, However this is a new chapter and i’m fine with it.”

Reporter “ 18 points in 15 games, you really seemed to be finding your groove out there. You finished the season with 50 points in 50 games, a point and game, not to shabby”

L.G “ Ya i’m not one to have expected that. I’ve been blessed enough to be having a good career and when you have seasons where you can average a point a game or more, those are pretty great moments.”

Once Louie Garrett was done Liam O’Callaghan came into the room.

L.O.C “ Hope Louie didn’t talk your ears off, He seems to always have a lot to say. This season was a tough one for us. No one likes to battle this hard and fall short but we are optimistic about the near future. We know we tell our fans that all the time but we really are close.”

Reporter “ You guys had so many seasons in Seattle missing the playoffs, how does this feel to miss the playoffs with a new team?”

L.O.C “ Ya, it’s a tough thing to miss the playoffs often, and last season Seattle got a good taste of it. It makes you want it more. Obviously, missing it again sucks and it’s frustrating but the honest truth is that this team is so close. It’s young and talented and will be a contender sooner than people think.”

Reporter” Obviously we’ve been talking about missing the playoffs, but lets talk about your record season this season? You must be excited about that?”

L.O.C “ Ya it’s really nice. 46 points in 50 games is nice. It’s been my best season so far and i feel like i can still be a little better. I think next season will be better. Now that i’ve been here a season i feel like i know what this team is all about.”

Next up was Daniel Karlsson

D.K “ I’m not going to get into a break down of the season, just ask your questions.”

Reporter “ a 32 point seasons is not bad for a second season player, How do you feel about that?”

D.K “ On a personal level i’m happy about it, It’s not every day that you can be a  second season player and have an impact in your team. In the overall picture, I would give up some of that personal success for a post season run.”

Reporter “ How do you see the future shaping up?"

D.K “ Not sure what your asking but, as a team we are getting stronger and better. Personally i just want to keep helping my team push further.”

Essellemm came up next

I.E “ Not happy with my overall season, Really felt like i should have done better and i tried. Hopefully next season will be better.”

Reporter “ 34 points last season, 35 this season, do you feel like your going to be breaking out anytime soon?”

I.E “ Time will tell i guess, It’s hard to predict that kind of thing, I don’t want to be the one to tell people next season i’ll break out for a boat load of points and lead the team in everything. I want to bring my best and help this team as best i can. Which is what i will promise. If that means next season i get 75 points or 30, I’ll bring my best.”

Walter Hobbs was the next one to step up to the podium.

W.H” Hey everybody. Tough to be here doing this today but let’s get on with it.”

Reporter “ You are coming off your best season in your Career, either SMJHL or SHL, how do you feel about the?”

W.H “ It feel great on a personal level. Our defense seemed so much better this season with the addition of O’Callaghan, and the growth of Danger and Karlsson. Next season should shape up to be better.”

Reporter “ Missing the playoffs the last two seasons, what are you looking for moving forward, I mean you are technically a free agent after this season, Are you looking to move on or remain with the Renegades?”

W.H “ Don’t know yet, We have negotiations scheduled in the next couple days and if i don’t like what’s being offered i may test free agency, but honestly, deep down, i love being here. I love the team and the guys here. So i really hope we can reach an agreement.”

The day finished off with the GM’s press conference.

Dankoa “ hey guys, glad you could be here, unfortunately we wish this was later on and not today. while the final push was on and we really believed we could make it. We felt Calgary starting to slip and we felt we had a chance to sneak in to the post season. Unfortunately we fell short and we are out. On the table now is to get our Free agents signed so we could focus on the draft which looks to be promising and one of the last times we may be drafting this high for a while. So we really need to make this count in our favour.”

Reporter “ As for your Free agents, We asked Walter Hobbs what his feelings were about Free agency, he seems pretty sure both sides will reach an agreement. what are your thoughts on signing Hobbs and Logan Jensen, as there seems to be rumours of him wanting to leave?”

Dankoa “ Logan has expressed that he wants to feel like he has some value here, which he does, Negotiations will begin shortly with him and if all goes well we will announce a deal sooner rather than later. As for Hobbs, we are really happy with him as our Starter. He’s been solid and this season he was better than he has been so far in his Career. We’ve talked to his agent and we both want to wrap this up quickly and professionally, so we hope we can announce a signing there as well.”

Reporter “ Give us your overview of this team, where are you guys at in the grand scheme of things?”

Dankoa “ We are really happy over all. Obviously missing the playoffs sucks. We felt that a few one goal games could have been Overtime games and who knows how that would have gone, but it would have been a few more points that may have put us in. It was really close. The overall view, We are where we want to be. The defense is getting better every season and we are building the offence we want, adding pieces like Louie Garrett and Liam O’Callaghan. between this seasons Free agency and our prospects coming up as well, we feel we will be on better footing next season than this. With that I would like to thank you all for coming, Obviously the following weeks will hold some more announcements, whether it’s resigning  players or signing free agents."

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

We have so many young pieces that it's hard to be disappointed with this season. Yea we missed the playoffs, but this was never our year. It's coming, and hopefully I can break out soon.

Renegades great read as always bud

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]